IGNORED

Lourdes & Nolan Manteufel - Doug Phillips lawsuit - Part 2

happy atheist

You would think Nolan would reign it in too then.

In general rant by anyone with knowledge + lawsuit = bad idea. As much as I love him here and posting, the case is more important. He statements will be evidence. He will be deposed and questioned regarding them. They will be picked apart...

You have the right to remain silent... anything you say can and will be used in court against you...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering about the advisability of Nolan's FB posts too, but I'm assuming that David Gibbs III knows about them and has given his OK. I hope so. Lourdes, as part of the lawsuit, would be advised to say silent.

Nolan is not part of the suit; he's merely married to the plaintiff. Doug tried to muddy the waters (stupidly, IMO) by referencing Nolan in his/his attorney's response to the press. Doug's other press statements and conspiracy theories are not going to play well as a defense in this case before a jury. Again, IM (not-a-lawyer) O.

I suppose Doug could (if he is an idiot with a lot of money to waste) file a counter-suit against Lourdes and Nolan, or his own little SLAPP suit charging "Conspiracy to Break a Tool" naming Nolan along with VFM, Bradrick, Muela and the guy whose name I always forget, as a defendants -- but really he is just spitting in the wind and trying to influence public opinion.

By the way, hi Nolan. :greetings-waveyellow: Your 5/2 FB thanks for my observation here about your manuscript is noted. You are very welcome! Do be careful about what you say and how you say it on FB. You have public opinion on your side (by which I obviously mean non-cult people) at the moment, so don't mess with that. That comment about Lourdes and male sex-drives was definitely not well phrased and made me wince too. Like MJB, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

In other non-news, I just checked the Bexar County Clerk's page to see whether Doug and the co-defendants (VFI and VFM) had filed a response yet. IIRC, they have 20 days to respond but I can't remember whether the clock started on 4/15 or 4/23. If Doug has filed a response (I'm expecting a motion to dismiss, perhaps with prejudice) it isn't up on the webpage yet.

However, whenever I think of that poster I remember a little boy whose mother worked for Campaign Against the Arms Trade. She put that poster up on the wall of his bedroom and wouldn't let him play with or own toy tanks and toy guns. Whenever he visited other kids houses he played with military toys almost exclusively and people kept his secret. Yes, little A grew up and joined the Marines. :lol:

I had that poster. I had it on the front door of my room in the Bachelor Officers'Quarters in the Navy. I was ordered to remove it.

Dang me and my Lutheran education - we are taught "to put the best construction on everything" - but I read Nolan's sexay times post as saying, "I'm showing my wife we are NOT raving loony beasts, her previous experience with a raving loony beast to the contrary, but that I - and most other men of substance - can be tender, romantic, and intent upon mutual pleasure."

That's just me, though. And I'm known to be a romantic optimist to my own peril, some times. :shifty-kitty:

I saw that as the most likely interpretation, as well. But it's hard to say -- he is being so outspoken about so much, which can be brave and useful and supportive of those in the clutches of patriarchy, or just plain TMI.

I've known a few people IRL who had such crummy upbringings that I think of them as having had to make themselves into people from scratch, with very little help and/or damaging influences to overcome. The gaps and exaggerations in their behavior can be startling, and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt when it's possible.

I guess I see Nolan in that light -- it's like he was raised by wolves, only he was raised by bloviating patriarchs. So grand proclamations and the "I am right and this is the correct answer" manner, rather than nuance and "gosh, I could be wrong, but . . . " is what he knows.

It's just that now he is using his powers for good, as they used to say in the comic books. :D

I suppose Doug could (if he is an idiot with a lot of money to waste)

If?! :lol:

If?! :lol:

Well, of course we know he is an idiot, the question has more to do with how much money the narcissistic twerp has to waste! Rumor has it that he is crying poverty to his true-believers.

Other non-news, VFM's final Form 990 for 2013 is not up yet (should have been filed on 4/15), nor is the required paperwork for the dissolving of the 501©(3) stating how the assets were dispersed. Both are Public Record. Probably the VFM board requested an extension because of the time they needed to wind up the non-profit and pending lawsuit, but enquiring minds want to see that paperwork soonest. :popcorn2:

Well, of course we know he is an idiot, the question has more to do with how much money the narcissistic twerp has to waste! Rumor has it that he is crying poverty to his true-believers.

Other non-news, VFM's final Form 990 for 2013 is not up yet (should have been filed on 4/15), nor is the required paperwork for the dissolving of the 501©(3) stating how the assets were dispersed. Both are Public Record. Probably the VFM board requested an extension because of the time they needed to wind up the non-profit and pending lawsuit, but enquiring minds want to see that paperwork soonest. :popcorn2:

Interesting.

And, to the bolded -- I know, I just couldn't resist! :D

My strongest hope is that DP has to work for living from here on. An actual job where he is not the one calling the shots. It would build character to live like many of his "followers". I don't want anyone starving or homeless, but they (DP and fam) have it so good for so long living on the donations of people who were actually working...like it seems Lourdes family was working class. Yet she was sent to serve their family UNPAID! And it didn't raise any red flags at VFM that is wrong! That grinds my gears. If nothing else is owed money for that. I'm aware this rant doesn't flow. It is just Doug is such a tool!!!

My strongest hope is that DP has to work for living from here on. An actual job where he is not the one calling the shots. It would build character to live like many of his "followers". I don't want anyone starving or homeless, but they (DP and fam) have it so good for so long living on the donations of people who were actually working...like it seems Lourdes family was working class. Yet she was sent to serve their family UNPAID! And it didn't raise any red flags at VFM that is wrong! That grinds my gears. If nothing else is owed money for that. I'm aware this rant doesn't flow. It is just Doug is such a tool!!!

I hope he gets a job working for a hard-ass woman.

And work for a woman, yet. Although I pity any woman who has to supervise Doug the Tool.

And he needs to have to do something that isn't easy or fun. Imagine Doug as a garbage man, cleaning toilets or working at McDonalds.

And he needs to have to do something that isn't easy or fun. Imagine Doug as a garbage man, cleaning toilets or working at McDonalds.

Shoveling out horse stalls would be nice.

Shoveling out horse stalls would be nice.

I'm pretty sure Dougie cold find a nice costume to shovel out stalls in...

When Nolan created a meme about Doug's abuse, he included a photo of Doug and Lourdes...

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=665655900148583&set=a.168125519901626.31222.100001125374218&type=1&theater

...but also a photo of Doug and the "First Brigade" of VF interns.

Nolan posted a picture of his wife with some other (I assume) sexual assault survivors. I'm hoping she's getting support and healing.

And I guess I can see why Nolan is so furiously calling eeeeeverybody out on social media. His wife, who he seems to adore and support wholeheartedly, has filed a lawsuit against the rapist tool who abused her. She is, apparently, meeting and talking to other survivors, and I'm going to take a leap and say that she's probably getting some kind of counseling, probably per the attorney.

I am going to take a further leap and say that Nolan is not meeting with groups of men whose wives have endured long-term sexual and emotional abuse, he is not part of the lawsuit, and all he's got is venting on social media. Because he was RAISED on this shit, and it sinks in deep. THE MAN is in charge, THE MAN is in control, everything that happens in his family is his responsibility

And what's Nolan got to do? I'm going to say nothing, at least. He's venting and working through his issues on social media, because he's or no support group. His own mother has cut ties, as I think someone's mentioned, and his social group is gone, people he's known his whole life (and his own family!) are actively hostile. He's ANGRY, which he has every right to be, and I think he doesn't have much to DO with his anger.

If he were to be read in here, I'd tell him that his local hospital or mental health center might have material on this kind of hopeless frustrating anger, might have a group for people whose partners have been through a sexual assault, maybe could provide someone to talk to who's not a whacko VF-trainehs robot.

Unfair as it may be, Nolan is going to be under a microscope when the Rapist' s lawyers finally crawl out of the depths of hell where they've been conferring. The stuff he has on social media is going to be used to try to discredit him, try to discredit his wife.

My totally uninvolved and unmasked for opinion is that Nolan needs to find some real-life support, get help working through this, and I really hope his social media call-outs are sending. Sooner or later, his wife's attorney are doing to hear from Dougie about how her husband is teaching him on FB..WHICH HE TOTALLY DESERVES. But I want to see Nolan and Lourdes ride off into the sunset with every penny Dougie the Rapist ever had, and I wince when I see his posts because they're not helping.

I hope he gets a job working for a hard-ass woman.

I know just the woman (my senior manager) but we're seriously busy and we don't have the time to coddle a spoiled adult brat. He'd just be a drag on our productivity.

As much as I would love to see His Royal Toolness out working with the common man, if he doesn't have money in offshore accounts that were to be intended for other purposes I'd be amazed. He seems the time to "protect himself".

I am going to take a further leap and say that Nolan is not meeting with groups of men whose wives have endured long-term sexual and emotional abuse, he is not part of the lawsuit, and all he's got is venting on social media. Because he was RAISED on this shit, and it sinks in deep. THE MAN is in charge, THE MAN is in control, everything that happens in his family is his responsibility

And what's Nolan got to do? I'm going to say nothing, at least. He's venting and working through his issues on social media, because he's or no support group. His own mother has cut ties, as I think someone's mentioned, and his social group is gone, people he's known his whole life (and his own family!) are actively hostile. He's ANGRY, which he has every right to be, and I think he doesn't have much to DO with his anger.

He's had good roomates, has worked in the world, and has seen things that have put him where he's at. He does have some, albeit few friends as well. He wasn't raised on this initially, just came to it as a young, impressionable teen, and then saw some things that disgusted him along the way. There were rumblings way back about things that frustrated him and others, like messages that seemed to be given more for the CD audience than for the congregation. So yeah, this was a long time in coming, but it has been coming.

When Nolan created a meme about Doug's abuse, he included a photo of Doug and Lourdes...

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=665655900148583&set=a.168125519901626.31222.100001125374218&type=1&theater

...but also a photo of Doug and the "First Brigade" of VF interns.

My computer was apparently so horrified at the thought of this image that it spontaneously shut my browser down (crashed it) with no warning. Weird.

Anyway, once I got my browser back up and was able to look at the picture, I'm interested in what the picture with Doug and the 4 girls was taken to depict. I realize they did their version of LARPing pretty often, but the young women all look to be about the same age, but based on the way they are dressed, I'm guessing there is some specific thing going on. Lourdes is dressed much nicer than the other young ladies so to an uninformed observer, I take that to mean that she is the spouse or perhaps "intended" of Doughie (it's staying lol). While the others look like they are dressed more like "commoners" or maybe "the help" or something like that.

Does anyone know what the actual intent of the photo was?

I think maybe they are just pictures of Doug with the people who worshipped him. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he was sexually abusing interns as well, I think that there is likely to be other interns, and he had this bunch of men worshipping him and doing whatever he wanted.

Although the picture of Doug and Lourdes was probably intentional and showed that he had been abusing her. I think maybe the way Lourdes is dressed nicer than the others is maybe showing us that she is his "favourite". Its interesting how Beall was not with him, but all of these young ladies are. Does he ever make her dress up to go along with it? It seems whenever Doug is in costume, he is with a group of men or with a group of young ladies.

Maybe the interns picture is because it has Bradrick in it, and he had a part to play in this as well. No idea who the other guys are, Im no good with faces, but Bradrick has his own unique look (and that's putting it politely). Maybe some of them had a role in this, whether they were doing good or were protecting Doug.

I think maybe they are just pictures of Doug with the people who worshipped him. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he was sexually abusing interns as well, I think that there is likely to be other interns, and he had this bunch of men worshipping him and doing whatever he wanted.

Although the picture of Doug and Lourdes was probably intentional and showed that he had been abusing her. I think maybe the way Lourdes is dressed nicer than the others is maybe showing us that she is his "favourite". Its interesting how Beall was not with him, but all of these young ladies are. Does he ever make her dress up to go along with it? It seems whenever Doug is in costume, he is with a group of men or with a group of young ladies.

Maybe the interns picture is because it has Bradrick in it, and he had a part to play in this as well. No idea who the other guys are, Im no good with faces, but Bradrick has his own unique look (and that's putting it politely). Maybe some of them had a role in this, whether they were doing good or were protecting Doug.

Nathaniel Darnell is in that intern photo, as well. He'd like to say he removed himself from the situation long ago, but I think he's probably got some information he will be asked about.

Isn't the picture of Lourdes and Doug from the scene in "Alone Yet Not Alone" that was cut when the scandal surfaced? If so, I wouldn't read too much into the costumes, except that Doug got his favourite a part in the movie.

Isn't the picture of Lourdes and Doug from the scene in "Alone Yet Not Alone" that was cut when the scandal surfaced? If so, I wouldn't read too much into the costumes, except that Doug got his favourite a part in the movie.

No that picture is much older than that, from one of his dress up events.

No that picture is much older than that, from one of his dress up events.

I think that photo is from one of the revisionist History of the World conferences. Probably the Williamsburg one. workforceministries.com/events/hwmc/001/minitours.html

Archived