IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

Oh, please. Farris' ass kissers are just too much. He's soooo brave for speaking out. :roll:

What's brave about speaking out now against someone who is going down in flames?

At least a few comments called him out. I liked one in particular that asked if the Homeschool Defense League will now recommend homeschoolers not go to yearly conventions where many of the leaders are just as patriarchal as Dougie.

Follow the money.

DPIAT brought in a lot of HSLDA memberships, I'm sure. Money has a way of keeping people from speaking up :| .

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Vision Forum's Facebook page, they have posted the official rebuttal letter to the charges being brought against DPIAT.

PART 1 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

PART 2 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

Thanks for this!

So on the first page, it says tool was advised not to speak to the press....but he did anyway!

He also denies touching her. If that were true, then why resign due to a physical relationship? Hmmm...

They're trying to paint her as a cash seeking, gold digging slore. (Disclaimer to those who lack reading comprehension skills: I'M NOT CALLING HER THAT!)

They slam her new husband and claim statute of limitations.

I think Doug's legally gonna choke.

The only person that has given multiple renditions of the relationship to the media is Dougie Winston Phillips himself!

Ummm, just for the record, I didn't provide a link, I just commented on one. And it's the link to the "cellos" gig at the film festival, and I very much intentionally commented on THAT link, not the father/daughter duet.

Please be careful when you are commenting and using the quote feature. Thanks!

I'm sorry about that, WinWa!! I was on my phone and couldn't see the quote nesting clearly. What I meant and what I should have typed was:

I think onlysaneperson meant to link to the duet that Doug & his daughter performed at that awards show.

Which I may be totally wrong about that, of course. If so, I hope onlysaneperson will come back and give more details why the cellos and sparkle of wonder video has a whole new meaning in light of recent events.

I just watched a few seconds of the cellos/sparkle of wonder link that onlysaneperson posted and thought that it led up to the duet in the same video. And it was the memory of the duet that I was reacting to. Just the memory. Because I can't bring myself to watch it again. It was that disturbing to me when I first watched it months ago. And that duet does indeed have a whole new meaning for me in light of the formal complaint against DPIAR.

Well, since Ms. Torres was obviously smart enough to keep the threatening email from Beall, in light of Doug's assertion that the affair was mostly over the internet, I sure hope she kept any sexts/dirty emails from the tool. Hang him high.

someone needs to contact the Fail and remind them of Gothard's fall from grace (version 2.0) and highlight the Duggars' adherence to that pile of BS.

So, I see Doug is using a vocabulary sleight of hand as part of his defense. He claims that he was only her "elder" (as in the office of elder in the church) and never her "pastor". He knows he is deep trouble and is going to claim it was not clergy abuse because "Your honor, I was NOT clergy!"

Does BCA have a separate "pastor" and then "elders" underneath him?

So, I see Doug is using a vocabulary sleight of hand as part of his defense. He claims that he was only her "elder" (as in the office of elder in the church) and never her "pastor". He knows he is deep trouble and is going to claim it was not clergy abuse because "Your honor, I was NOT clergy!"

Does BCA have a separate "pastor" and then "elders" underneath him?

I think BCA just have "elders" but given his leadership of VF and the fact that BCA meetings were held in his residence with him doing some of the preaching (and a lot of the arbitrary "excommunications") I think that line of reasoning is going to be blown to hell.

Thanks for this!

So on the first page, it says tool was advised not to speak to the press....but he did anyway!

He also denies touching her. If that were true, then why resign due to a physical relationship? Hmmm...

They're trying to paint her as a cash seeking, gold digging slore. (Disclaimer to those who lack reading comprehension skills: I'M NOT CALLING HER THAT!)

They slam her new husband and claim statute of limitations.

I think Doug's legally gonna choke.

Maybe that's why the sudden disappearance of the VFM website? Not to mention that there are men at BCA who have heard him say otherwise.

It's not gold digging if the lifestyle your abuser espouses keeps you from real education and limits your ability to be employed etc. for years as part of a plan keep using you for their own gratification.

I hope, and it seems it's happening, that many of Dougie's former followers are crying BS and running. He screwed over his employees in this mess as well.

Maybe that's why the sudden disappearance of the VFM website? Not to mention that there are men at BCA who have heard him say otherwise.

It is obvious from the detail placed in Hero's legal petition, that her attorney has been working on this case for months. I am hoping and praying atheist prayers that the attorney had the foresight to screen shot everything on the VF websites that might prove useful in ongoing litigation against the Tool.

Eta: reword and fix bad grammar.

So Beall changed her FB profile pic the day before the shit came down, and it sure is interesting to see who "Liked" it. Becky Morecraft? Really? REALLY?

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811909218836377&set=a.203047019722603.58346.100000519201735&type=1&source=11&stream_ref=10

It's not gold digging if the lifestyle your abuser espouses keeps you from real education and limits your ability to be employed etc. for years as part of a plan keep using you for their own gratification.

I hope, and it seems it's happening, that many of Dougie's former followers are crying BS and running. He screwed over his employees in this mess as well.

I think it's very telling that no one is coming out to defend Doug Phillips is a tool. None of his "bosum pals" or whatever he was calling his friends are saying Hero is lying or the tool is being railroaded by the media. He's a non-person in the movement. At this point, I don't see how he can make a comeback.

Many well wishes to Hero and Nolan. Such a brave woman to have stood up and gone public with this lawsuit!

I am particularly disgusted by Michael Ferris' jumping ship with the rats as it sinks. I might believe his disassociation to Doug Phillips a teeny, tiny bit more if he were to be bothered to clean house and actually STOP the rampant sexual assaults and abuse of female students still ongoing at PHC.

There is no way a man who does what Tool did to Hero just started with this one young girl. There are other victims.

So Beall changed her FB profile pic the day before the shit came down, and it sure is interesting to see who "Liked" it. Becky Morecraft? Really? REALLY?

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811909218836377&set=a.203047019722603.58346.100000519201735&type=1&source=11&stream_ref=10

Wow, that photo looks like it's at least 10 yrs old or if it' another person.

need to add, if this is Beall's FB, she looks like she's breaking free. Looked younger and free'er. But the news photos make her look otherwise. Maybe she's ditched The Tool and had to come back together with him for the press.

TV news Beall looks years older than Facebook Beall.

A tiny part of me feels sorry for her..After the threatening Hero email my sympathy plummeted.

need to add, if this is Beall's FB, she looks like she's breaking free. Looked younger and free'er. But the news photos make her look otherwise. Maybe she's ditched The Tool and had to come back together with him for the press.

Friends with Kim, but not Perry. Jasmine Baucham but no Kelly 2-Breasts. No Botkins, but Stacy MacDonald.

Did the tool have $10 mil 18 mos ago or until recently? Maybe his insurance policy covered 10 million? VF worth 10 mil? I don't know. I hope she gets some other compensation in addition to knowing her abuser is utterly RUINED.

The $10 mil would basically be an amount her attorneys decided to ask for. It is completely meaningless. No one ever pays pays the settlement amount requested. You set your request high in order to get the other party to bring the number they are willing to pay up. Also, it is unlikley her attorneys would have information as to the coverage limits of the policies. Anyway, insurance carriers rarely pay out policy limits unless you have severe personal injury such as a missing limb and burns.

I don't see the point of Doug and Beall doing the interview. It doesn't help them. Potential jurors are unlikely to even see it because they have no idea who he is. Besides, by the time this hits trial, people won't even remember. It is better to keep quiet as anything he says can be used against him once they get to the discovery stage. If I was Lourdes' attorney, I would have a copy of every interview he gives on this issue, go through it with a fine tooth comb and throw it back in his face during his deposition. I have no doubt that his ego demands that he be heard by the masses. He is going to make a mistake. Unfortunately for him, but great for Lourdes, he digs a bigger hole everytime he opens his mouth.

If Beall does ditch the Tool, I imagine it would be like the arrangement that Katherine and Joseph Jackson seem to have, where they live separate lives in different states but remain legally married. If Beall and the Tool ever get legally divorced, I'd be shocked.

On Vision Forum's Facebook page, they have posted the official rebuttal letter to the charges being brought against DPIAT.

PART 1 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

PART 2 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

Note how they are even commenting on how she filed so quickly after her wedding. Looks like they are pulling out all the stops in their attempts to smear her. What they tried to do right there, was so devious, and insidious. They KNOW he is guilty, they know it, and still, THIS SHIT.

Found a support page for Hero: link

They could have picked a photo of her not shoving food in her mouth. Regardless, she is a very beautiful woman. Nolan is a lucky guy.

Archived