IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

Unfundamentlist Christians just posted link to the Daily Beast article on their Facebook, with the picture of the smiling Duggars! It is great that the word is getting out more and more and that links are being made. There are too many people that have been hurt and are being hurt by this perverted teaching. (I am referring to patriarchy and quiverfull).

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC Leininger owned the house where the Phillips family was living before the shit hit the fan.

My speculation is that when Leininger heard about the nature of Doug's sin and who it was with, he went into an Old Testament funk & was totally ruthless in razing Doug & everything VF. Unfortunately, many people lost their jobs (Merry Christmas!), 8 children lost their home and likely who they thought they were as a family; don't know how much they can be protected from everything going on.

My sense is that of all the parties involved, Beall had the strongest sense of what was at stake, what was getting ready to happen, and the magnitude of the carnage should the scandal erupt in public; she definitely saw the train coming down the tracks, bearing down on her and her family. Hate her or love her, as the mother of eight (!), she was in survival mode with her nose to the wind. I suspect that today and yesterday were not good days in the Phillips household. Hope they don't have to start farming the kids out for medical experiments (a la Monty Python and the Meaning of Life, for those who are fans).

I've been following this forum and others closely since November, and thought I knew about Patriarchy and what that meant. However, the more I read, the better sense I get of how truly awful it is; today seemed like a leap forward in understanding how truly ugly, repellent & destructive it is. The good to come of it is people finally speaking up about their dislike, close calls, and damage from Quiverfull/Patriarch/SAHD, for example posts on the Michael Farris FB page. Most remarks stayed in the rational range of criticism, but I got so chapped every time some woman would say, Well, that's why you keep your daughters AT HOME where nothing can happen, without understanding that this is the way GIRLS AND WOMEN ARE SET UP FOR ABUSE. (See, it is so awful that I had to go ALL CAPS on your a**; it really is that bad.)

There was some very idle speculation up thread about whether Leininger - or other big donor(s) - might be really pissed off with Doug and providing the money behind the retaining of Gill III.

Idle speculation is good & I've been wondering about that as well. Bet Leininger is staying far enough away to keep the mud and gore from besmirching his rep; likely minions are doing the dirty work.

Rant off. I'm going to go ride my mountain bike on a nice trail and cleanse this stain from my soul.

My speculation is that when Leininger heard about the nature of Doug's sin and who it was with, he went into an Old Testament funk & was totally ruthless in razing Doug & everything VF.

I see what you did there. ;)

I see what you did there. ;)

Exellent! :lol:

I'm so curious to know where James Leininger is in all of this. He is an extremely wealthy and powerful dentist from San Antonio, politically connected and is very active in funding conservative causes. My impression is that he was the $$ behind Vision Forum and one of the posts on Jens Jems noted that Leininger donated two buildings to VF. His daughter (Tracy Leininger Craven) wrote Alone but Not Alone and the film was based on this book. Tracy's sister Barbara appears in the film as does another Leininger daughter. My understanding is that LT was in this film and that her family knows the Leiningers.

Doug Phillips officiated at the wedding of Tracy and her husband, David Craven, who was a Vision Forum intern. Tracy was a stay-at-home-daughter until she got married, if that tells you anything about the Leininger's family dynamics.

I had a sense that VF imploded when Leininger pulled the plug, based on nothing but idle speculation. Or as Hetty said on NCIS: Los Angeles last night: "I'm not the puppet master; I cut the puppet's strings." Leininger may have played that role.

Actually, Barbara Leininger is the name of the character that Kelly Greyson (who is Jim Leininger's daughter, which neither of them ever seem to mention in public) played. The book was based on an old family story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1986769/fullcredits/

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20680

ETA - LT is, indeed, in the film, as are her mother and, I think, her brother. Doug's scenes were cut out after the scandal broke, as far as anyone knows.

I am currently reading a book about the lives of women in ancient Greece and Rome. As most FJer know, both cultures were extremely patriarchal systems. The men in these societies were essentially polygamous, because they could have sex with any female in their household, be it their wife or a slave girl, while the women had to be virgins (if unmarried) or monogamous (if married). Chastity was a virtue for women, not for men. Although Christianity theoretically imposed chastity on both sexes, the double standard still exists, even if it's not in such an egregious form. The "Christian" society of the antebellum South that the tool and his associates are so fond of had this type of situation going on all the time, where the slavemaster could have his way with any of the slave women if he chose with no negative consequences; after all, if one of the slave women got pregnant, that was just another slave for the plantation. With this backdrop in mind, I propose that the current Doug Phillips is a tool scandal is not an aberration, but the natural outcome of a patriarchal system. In a society where women only have value as baby makers and men have all the power (sexual or otherwise), there are no checks to prevent a man from abusing a young woman in his household. If a patriarch really is the ruler of his household, all other members of said household have no value and no power, especially an unmarried girl from a poor family who works for the patriarch. We've all seen the undertones in patriarchal literature that imply that in a quiverfull future, the rich families will have servants who tend to needs. This scandal is the natural outcomes of the propaganda. Don't be fooled by the hype; patriarchy does not protect women, it only makes them slaves, whether literal or figurative, in their own homes.

ETA Seignural rights - the right of a nobleman to deflower any woman in his household or village that he wanted before her wedding - lasted well into the 18th and 19th century in "Christian" Europe. This is what Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro" is about. So much for the idea that Christianity will help people to value chastity and faithfulness.

You hit the nail on the head. For all that the bad-mouthing conservative Christians do about fringe Mormons and their polygamy, I've realized for a long time that for these conservative, patriarchal fundies to truly "get back to Biblical roots", that polygamy is what family life would like. I'm not promoting it, but for these groups that try to institute patriarchy, etc. -- it just doesn't seem to work when the lifestyle is only partly implemented.

Yup, the apropos-of-nothing public shaming of Mrs. Robinson was the end of it for me. After that, I had no interest in anything else Eston and Jen'sGems had to say. Not a reliable or trustworthy source.

In addition to all this above, while his Kinism is barely concealed, his rank anti Semitism is not concealed at all.

In addition to all this above, while his Kinism is barely concealed, his rank anti Semitism is not concealed at all.

This. Back in November 2013, even before the attack on Mrs. R., Kershaw's Eston's lovefest with Martin Selbrede of Rush-loony's Chalcedon Foundation was it for me.

Jen's Gems lost all credibility at that point.

I haven't seen this yet...good find.

Really, his arrogance is off the charts. And Beall just looks ridden hard and hung up wet in that photo.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool!

I haven't seen this yet...good find.

Really, his arrogance is off the charts. And Beall just looks ridden hard and hung up wet in that photo.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool!

Thanks!

You're so right. I don't want to seem insensitive or cruel to Beall,but she's trying to hide a combo of tired, puffy eyes with light shadow (maybe it's my funky screen). That shade is wrong for her, she's too light. If this were a pal of mine (most of mine would have shot him, called the cops, or filed for divorce at this point...) I'd try to make her over (Thanks to genetics, I have to deal with dark circles, few can tell...I'm that good.) or send her to the spa. Then I'd be a fairy godmother and send those deserving kids to 6 flags for the day.

Nevertheless, I hope Doug's balls get nailed to the walls.

Thanks!

You're so right. I don't want to seem insensitive or cruel to Beall,but she's trying to hide a combo of tired, puffy eyes with light shadow (maybe it's my funky screen). That shade is wrong for her, she's too light. If this were a pal of mine (most of mine would have shot him, called the cops, or filed for divorce at this point...) I'd try to make her over (Thanks to genetics, I have to deal with dark circles, few can tell...I'm that good.) or send her to the spa. Then I'd be a fairy godmother and send those deserving kids to 6 flags for the day.

Nevertheless, I hope Doug's balls get nailed to the walls.

I'm definitely sympathetic to the children but Beal's threatening email to Ms. Torres pretty much squelched any pity for her personally.

I'm definitely sympathetic to the children but Beal's threatening email to Ms. Torres pretty much squelched any pity for her personally.

^^No doubt & understandable. Still, I love a makeup challenge.

Faith's voice is beautiful! My hope is that one of the long term results of DPIAR's downfall is that all the kids can get out of this knowledge-hating cult and each of them can pursue their talents and interests with further education than the SOTDRT. Faith should have the option to earn a performing arts degree if that's what she wants. She certainly has the talent for it.

And yeah. There are reassuring pats or squeezes for a nervous kid, to show your support and remind them they are not alone. I've got a kid who loves to perform but gets a touch of the nerves, too. Totally been there. And I love her so much and I think she is so amazing, and sometimes I just want to squeeze her so tight as if I could bottle her up and keep her forever. You know what I mean? But that's about me. That's a parent's adoration for her kid, which by its very nature is kind of irrational. If I want to show my child I love and support her, I have to temper those hold-her-so-tight-my-little-girl-forever-and-ever instincts with enough rationality to give her the space she needs to grow in confidence and ability.

That touchy-feely display was not about Faith and what she needs. It was all about Doug and what he wants. And even if it was not indicative of any further personal-boundary-crossing, law-violating behavior by a father towards his daughter, it was still gross and disturbing.

ETA: Just want to make sure it's clear that I am in agreement with you, Curious. :lol: Pretty much just :text-+1: -ing your comment. My reaction to that performance is a little intense so in re-reading my post, I thought it might have come across like I don't think you were offended enough or something.

Seriously, there's probably a reason I forgot about that video. My mind did the work of :brain-bleach: for me. I hope it happens again. :embarrassed:

Ummm, just for the record, I didn't provide a link, I just commented on one. And it's the link to the "cellos" gig at the film festival, and I very much intentionally commented on THAT link, not the father/daughter duet.

Please be careful when you are commenting and using the quote feature. Thanks!

I just read the complaint. It's all pretty awful stuff, and he's a monster. This is odd, but I noticed the numbering on the paragraphs is off. Look:

54. On October 3, 2013, Ms. Torres received an e-mail from Beall Phillips threatening her if she did not keep silent about what happened to her, i.e., her abuse:

During the last ten weeks, and ultimately for the last nine months, you have been lighting bombs all across the country. Right now, you may have a perception of peace, but what you don't know is that these bombs are about to explode in a manner that will change all of our lives forever. It will affect your life, your marriage prospects . . . your parents . . . and thousands of other people. It is far worse than you imagine.

The VFM board has encouraged me to let you know about these and to work with you to give you an opportunity to stop impending destruction.

VI. CAUSES OF ACTION

COUNT 1—BATTERY (Against Douglas Phillips)

55. Ms. Torres reasserts and incorporates by reference paragraphs 1 through 56 as if fully

stated herein and further alleges as follows:

Paragraph 54 is the last in her statement of facts, but paragraph 55 is written like there were two more paragraphs following Beall's shitty email. They had two more paragraphs of stuff that they wanted to say but thought better of and removed, and forgot to fix the numbering. I wonder what was in them.

Oh, Pul-eeeeze:

From the KENS 5 story:

Despite the allegations and the lawsuit, both Philips and his wife told KENS 5 their relationship--and their faith--remain strong.

"I've had almost 16 months now to work through this with him and see significant changes in the level of emotional intimacy between the two of us," said Beall Phillips.

"I think God wanted to draw us together and do something much bigger than us or our family's story," said Phillips.

Phillips attorneys said the plaintiff’s attorneys offered a settlement deal for more than $10 million, but Phillips said he’d put his faith in a jury and the Almighty.

I'm speechless. Major damage control efforts going on and already setting the stage for a comeback.

I just read the complaint. It's all pretty awful stuff, and he's a monster. This is odd, but I noticed the numbering on the paragraphs is off. Look:

Paragraph 54 is the last in her statement of facts, but paragraph 55 is written like there were two more paragraphs following Beall's shitty email. They had two more paragraphs of stuff that they wanted to say but thought better of and removed, and forgot to fix the numbering. I wonder what was in them.

Another great catch. It could just flat out be a typo too. But it's just as likely there were more emails or at least more to the email and the attorneys decided to leave it out.

Oh, Pul-eeeeze:

From the KENS 5 story:

Despite the allegations and the lawsuit, both Philips and his wife told KENS 5 their relationship--and their faith--remain strong.

"I've had almost 16 months now to work through this with him and see significant changes in the level of emotional intimacy between the two of us," said Beall Phillips.

"I think God wanted to draw us together and do something much bigger than us or our family's story," said Phillips.

Phillips attorneys said the plaintiff’s attorneys offered a settlement deal for more than $10 million, but Phillips said he’d put his faith in a jury and the Almighty.

I'm speechless. Major damage control efforts going on and already setting the stage for a comeback.

Posturing. It's what DPIAT does best. And he's got Beall as his puppet. It's nothing less than disgusting.

I don't think it's a typo because the numbering is then off by two paragraphs in every subsequent section all the way down. I was thinking along the same lines as you, that there may have been further harassment or more to Beall's email, or maybe a couple of allegations they decided they couldn't prove.

I just finished reading that new article posted above: http://www.kens5.com/news/KENS-5-Exclus ... 56621.html

From the article:

Is there a way to verify if this statement is true?

Am I the only one enjoying the fact that Duggars are mentioned in nearly every headline and lede about this scandal? Their pictures run with the articles more often than the tool's do! I'm loving that they are the "face" of this and the Gothard scandal.

party0010r191677_zps5b79d90c.gif

It's about time the "Aren't they wholesome and their kids are so well-behaved" crowd wakes up to the Duggars' revolting worldview.

I just finished reading that new article posted above: http://www.kens5.com/news/KENS-5-Exclus ... 56621.html

From the article:

Is there a way to verify if this statement is true?

Did the tool have $10 mil 18 mos ago or until recently? Maybe his insurance policy covered 10 million? VF worth 10 mil? I don't know. I hope she gets some other compensation in addition to knowing her abuser is utterly RUINED.

Just wanted to add that the body language of Beall and Doug in that photo shows two people in very different places. She looks pathetic, sad and withdrawn, he looks like he's trying to be taken seriously.....what a farce!

Lourdes, I believe your account!!! Stand strong and know you are being thought of and prayed for. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived