IGNORED

Why Ken Alexander is really on FJ

I am now seriously craving a tuna casserole. Alas, I'm an evil feminist who has to get up insanely early to go to work so it will have to wait.

Anyone else love the chicken casserole thing with Ritz crackers? It has to have 1000 calories in every bite, but it is so yummy! I'm trying to remember the recipe. I want to say 1lb of cooked chicken diced, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of sour cream mixed and topped with cheddar cheese and crumbled ritz crackers and them you pour melted butter on top. I can feel my arteries harden just typing that up.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken said in his long diatribe:

"The Forum is a truly an awful place if a decent person wants to have an honest discussion. "

Actually it isn't. We have many honest discussions with many decent people. The clue Ken, might be that you are not a decent person. You are a person who sees nothing wrong with abuse, both spousal and child. You do not want an honest discussion either. You want to rant to us how your methods are biblical and are the only correct way.

That isn't Always Learning. Not by a long shot.

Big existential question I have been grappling with for years. Spaghetti and meatballs. Should the meatballs be fried or baked before simmering in the tomato sauce for hours? I bake them myself, but I do it on the DL and never mention it to my friends' Italian-American mothers.

I just can't handle the thought that they would be disappointed in me, you know? :(

Primarily Aretejo you need to hold me as I rock back and forth after reading the horror that was tuna casserole :(

Personally I'm definitely of the brown your meat sear it, caramelise the bejaysus out of it for flavour. If oven is your God though far be it from me to persecute you.

Whoever came up with the tuna casserole does indeed deserve some persecution.

(Disclaimer I saw it made on That Honey Boo Boo show. Never to be unseen)

Whoever came up with the tuna casserole does indeed deserve some persecution.

(Disclaimer I saw it made on That Honey Boo Boo show. Never to be unseen)

I grew up in the midwest and while I have not seen an entire episode of any Honey Boo Boo shows (praise the FSM), I have been unfortunate enough to see more commercials/trailers for the show than I would ever hope to.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the things that you see made on HBB and even the Duggars are NOT the kind of casseroles and other foods that were (probably still are) traditionally taken to pot lucks and church dinners in the midwest back in the dark ages when I lived there.

I love tater tot casserole and consider it a comfort food. I ask for it a couple times a year, but my recipe for it doesn't look much like the Duggars. Yes, it's still not the epitome of a healthy meal and it uses canned soups, but it's different than theirs.

I bake the meatballs. :embarrassed: I know, I know. But we have an old electric range that heats unevenly, and if I fry them they stick to the bottom of the pan. Just make sure they are evenly browned and then plunk into the sauce to simmer and nobody is the wiser.

And tuna casserole is just not tuna casserole unless it's topped with crumbled saltines and shredded sharp cheddar. I think by the time I'm done with it we're really eating a bread and salt pudding. None of the kids will touch it, which just means more for me and the husband!

My nail salon has started carrying a 7-day product. To my surprise, it actually DOES hold up for seven days, even on my thin, bendy nails on which polish tends to chip as soon as I do something like shampooing my hair or washing dishes.

An earlier poster mentioned that a gel mani damaged her nails. I think that may have something to do with the manicurist's technique; I've never had that happen, and I have lousy nails. Another thing to keep in mind: It's best, after having a gel mani removed, to let your nails grow out completely before having another one, and just use standard polish in the interim.

And, aw, darn--I got left out of the Ken Mean-Lady Roll Call Wall o' Shame.

Oops--missed the meatball discussion! My mom used to fry hers, but segued over to baking them after she had her first heart attack and was diagnosed with diabetes. Grandma baked a lot of traditional Northern Italian foods that are traditionally fried (frittatas, for example) for these reasons: baking is less messy than frying, frying uses a lot of oil and that could be expensive, baked dishes need less tending than fried ones, and she was trying to use less fat in her cooking. On those rare occasions when I make meatballs, I bake them. Same with breaded eggplant cutlets for parmegiana. I have a cooking-oil spray mister, and I spray the baking pan, add the eggplants/meatballs, and spray a little oil over the top of them.

I would have actually liked to have seen Ken's reaction on realizing he had mischaracterized several feminists because he just copy and pasted from an MRA site without looking into how real those quotes were.

My nail salon has started carrying a 7-day product. To my surprise, it actually DOES hold up for seven days, even on my thin, bendy nails on which polish tends to chip as soon as I do something like shampooing my hair or washing dishes.

An earlier poster mentioned that a gel mani damaged her nails. I think that may have something to do with the manicurist's technique; I've never had that happen, and I have lousy nails. Another thing to keep in mind: It's best, after having a gel mani removed, to let your nails grow out completely before having another one, and just use standard polish in the interim.

And, aw, darn--I got left out of the Ken Mean-Lady Roll Call Wall o' Shame.

Same here, I feel sooooooo left out :cry: :cry:

I am now seriously craving a tuna casserole. Alas, I'm an evil feminist who has to get up insanely early to go to work so it will have to wait.

Anyone else love the chicken casserole thing with Ritz crackers? It has to have 1000 calories in every bite, but it is so yummy! I'm trying to remember the recipe. I want to say 1lb of cooked chicken diced, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of sour cream mixed and topped with cheddar cheese and crumbled ritz crackers and them you pour melted butter on top. I can feel my arteries harden just typing that up.

I used to make that! The only thing I don't add is the cheddar, but it sounds good!

Same here, I feel sooooooo left out :cry: :cry:

I am just glad to know that quoting someone directly qualifies as defamation. :? :?

I am just glad to know that quoting someone directly qualifies as defamation. :? :?

According to the gospel of Ken.

:pray: :pray:

So didn't Ken just mischaracterize, defame and whatnot all those feminists since he took their words out of context and directly quoted them? :think:

Love it

this was always my go to color when I was getting regular manicures. I"m not really a waitress by OPI. Not as sparkly ,but love me that red.

IMG_99751.JPG

Oh, I love that color!

And responding to another post, I don't match but I do coordinate my fingernails/toenails. I have a greyish-lavender that I like doing with a deeper purple. I'll sometimes do neon pink on my fingers and neon orange on my toes or something like that, too. I work from home, so I have a lot of leeway.

Whoever has the sparkly french mani: That sounds gorgeous!

Umm... Why would anyone need 16 of these? Wouldn't a multiple of 5 make more sense?

Like stick on nails and acrylics, they come in different sizes to fit different size fingers on different people's hands. "custom" fit in an off the shelf product sort of thing.

Lastly, concerning the walls of mischaracterizations, Koala's posts of quotes character's us as bad parents when the reality of things is that we were terrific parents and turned out four godly kids.

Translation:

The places where Koala quotes Lori directly makes us look like bad parents, because Lori admits to things most parents think are horrific (even though MILLIONS of parents totally agree with us). Our kids turned out great in spite of the fact that we left our six week old infants to cry themselves to sleep (without so much as checking to see what they were crying about), flicked them in the face until they cried if they nipped while nursing, spanked them if they dared wiggle during a diaper change, and hit them with a leather strap. I am telling you, we were terrific parents!

Even when one posts quotes they can mischaracterize greatly. I have addressed the spanking issues completely, and our modest view of spanking, but she continues to mischarcaterize by taking comments from a four year period, many of them perhaps related to the same spanking incident and mischaracterized the quotes as separate incidents. I will not send my time pointing out a new mischacterization, profanity and spew on every 1-2 pages of your Forum.

Translation:

Mischaracterization= quoting Lori, so please don't quote Lori. I have painted a picture for you that completely contradicts her quotes, so please accept it at face value and stop quoting Lori. Lori wrote those comments over a period of 4 years, so naturally they don't count.

We believe in modest swats, which is why we used a leather strap and I once left a bruise on one of our children. But only 1, so that's a win right?

We don't believe in force feeding, so please ignore Lori's comments/posts that say otherwise.

I am unable to point out any direct mischaracteizations...please don't ask me to. Also, please stop saying bad words on the internet, because Lori and I are too godly for that sort of thing (except when she hangs out on SSM's blog (which is a raunchy hell hole that would make most bartenders blush) and quotes men calling women "bitches".

There has been some healthy discussion, but your group has defamed us and harmed us. Please stop it in the name of common human decency and your responsibility as the Business Owner.

Translation:

We have been defamed by people giving their opinions on the garbage my wife spews all over the web. We have been harmed, but please don't ask me how. I would say my business had been harmed, but that couldn't be true, because everyone there agrees with me. Please stop quoting Lori.

I randomly capitalize words.

KoalaSister Wife

Group: Members

As a side note, while there are many questions I would like to ask Lori, I refuse to address them directly with Ken unless he is quoted as well. Lori seems to have a habit of striking out and then rushing behind Ken. I get that he is here to address us, but I refuse to interact with him as if he speaks for Lori.

Translation:

I wish Koala had followed through on this, because if she had maybe she wouldn't have defamed Lori by quoting her directly. Because of that I will list this as a prime example of defamation.

So didn't Ken just mischaracterize, defame and whatnot all those feminists since he took their words out of context and directly quoted them? :think:

He also attributed words to people when they didn't actually say them. But I rather doubt he wants to discuss that.

If I could change my username I would change it to Miss Feminist. :lol: His anger was palpable in that post to me.

I would have actually liked to have seen Ken's reaction on realizing he had mischaracterized several feminists because he just copy and pasted from an MRA site without looking into how real those quotes were.

Maybe we should contact them and tell them? They might want to start misusing legal terms, whining and moaning? :lol:

It's just too boring to repeat and pointless to explain to Ken (again) how the legal terms he is misusing CONSTANTLY ......work. Again. Did I say again?

The more he repeats and writes ridiculous statements on this forum, ever greater does the trail lead back to his name, his wife's name and the never learning blog.

Sure Ken you have supporters of your lifestyle, remember though as pointed out so often to you that it is very rare in real life face to face interaction for people to be so honest and unfiltered in debate. You are surely not so naive as to think that?

I reckon that hole you are digging yourself in trying to defend some controversial and misogynist views may actually be quite enlightening to some in your life despite what they are saying to your face. Especially in the business world.

On top of that despite your assertions and views of this board others are not so short-sighted or self absorbed as you. Generally intelligent people make there own mind up and will undoubtedly see ....sure some manure and spew and profanity. They will also see your nasty little passive aggressive comments, your revolting attempt to excuse your reprehensible views by projecting them on to grieving Mother. Amongst many other little gems.

So keep digging that hole of your own making Ken. A dignified silence looks great now huh? Hint. If you want to defend something make sure it's defensible. You were onto a loser the day that blog opened I'm afraid.

Give it up Ken, you can't win this, honestly.

Stop presenting yourself as a godly man with a godly wife and four godly children which is quite arrogant and conceited and to me as an atheist utterly laughable.

Don't you understand at all how you make yourself the risée of at least this forum and only god (or any deity for that matter, take your pick) knows how many more people worldwide?

You didn't convince anybody, au contraire, you very effectively confirmed more and more what we already concluded by reading Lori's blog.

So, be a real, sensible and 'wise' man and confine yourself to your own cohort of spanking, submitting, leading, godly ignoramuses. According to you there must be millions of them, so that will provide you quite some playing field.

An older and hopefully, 'wiser' and 'always learning' woman.

Ken--

you apparently took offense at my question of what would your clients say if they read Lori and Your blog. You have assured us that your clients are of one mind and you don't need new clients anyway. So what harm did that my question cause you--you have said yourself, NONE.

You also appear to take offense at my joking question about if you spank your employees. Let us presume it was a real question. If the answer is no then it is a nonissue (I presume the answer is no or you'd have been sued out of existence years ago.) However, in the threads you have been posting in, you have said that sometimes, wives need to be controlled physically and have been a bit on the fence about if spanking a difficult/recalcitrant wife would be wholly out of line. You have also, often, compared the role of husband and wife to employer/employee, saying that just as employees need discipline, so also do wives. So, if wives occasionally need a physical approach, why would I not legitimately be able to ask if you ever thought employees would need it?

And, my listing always learning, your company name, spanking, and whatever else I put in the list is seen by you as a legitimate attempt at making a long term SEO / google whatever then you know even less about SEO than I do, and I"m pathetic at it.

Understand that your posturing about defamation, asking Goggle (sic) for help and talking about your attorneys comes across as very odd and uninformed.

We are about the same age. Perhaps you remember when satire (similar to snark) was upheld in this case (yes, wikipedia, but you could "goggle" for other sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Ma ... v._Falwell Falwell's feelings were hurt, but Hustler won.

More recently, you also should consider Santorum. And as other people said, The Striesand Effect.

So, have you stopped beating your employees??? 7T2wYE0W1oo

If you were anywhere near me, you could be my plus one at the Sephora Rouge event this Sunday. You get to shop before it opens, they feed you breakfast, get a gift bag, and get a 15% discount on everything. Yep, I spend too much at that dang store.

Believe it or not, I was looking at the Julep polishes earlier. I have a few of them, and they are good. I was thinking about signing up for their Maven Box. My nail polish stash is embarrassing.

Sephora and I are besties. I spent a ridiculous amount there last year. We need to start a cosmetics thread in the hobbies forum.

Lori gets lessons on marriage from Little House on the Prairie . . . the TV show.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/03/mr-olesons-appealing-temptation.html

Lori gets lessons on marriage from Little House on the Prairie . . . the TV show.

I was just about to comment on that one!

For my life lessons I prefer the 'Big Bang Theory".

Nellie does not approve of this post.

PS: Count me in as another lover of the Sephora Formula X line. Twin1 bought me 2 bottles for x-mas and it is great. Dries quickly and lasts for a good 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

Archived