IGNORED

Why Ken Alexander is really on FJ

What is his obsession with the word manure?

Also to his obsession with the idea of "mischaracterizaton", to quote the great Inigo Montoya:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

:nenner:

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also to his obsession with the idea of "mischaracterizaton", to quote the great Inigo Montoya:

Manure could be the Good Christian Way to say "Bullshit" or "Horseshit"

However... it is also common in anti feminist writing to dismiss feminism and feminist ideas.

Google "Manure Feminism" and you get a list of anti feminist and men's rights blogs.

So he's been doing some research on the anti feminist sites.

He means shite but is too much of a lady to say so.

I'm pretty well convinced by now that the only way Ken would recognize abuse is if a woman showed up at church with her face smashed in and stated directly that her husband had done it. But if she lied out of shame and fear (as many abused women do), and said she'd fallen on the stairs, he'd likely take it at face value, and not concern himself with it further.

I mean, this is the guy for whom basketball with his buds 3-4 nights a week was "sacred," but giving his sick, unhappy wife a break, and spending time with his own kids was not. This was the guy who didn't notice that his daughters were struggling with body-image issues, or that one was borderline anorexic. He's the kind of guy who thinks using his wife's body as a masturbation device (10 minutes and lube is all it takes!) is perfectly okay. He's the one who thought his buddies' wives were just being difficult and controlling in not wanting sex more than once a month, never thinking, "Well, maybe there's a deeper issue that needs to be addressed, here." And he's the guy who doesn't notice how bitter, unhappy, and hateful his wife is on her blog, or how awful she makes her marriage sound.

He's like the stereotype of the emotionally deadened, interpersonally tone-deaf brute of a guy. So am I to believe that Ken Alexander could even begin to recognize abuse that was happening right in front of him? No. I honestly don't believe he has the awareness and understanding to see it. And if he can't see it? It doesn't exist.

I think the reason Ken keeps using the word "mischaracterization" is because that is the only big word he knows how to spell.

Good grief. If I had a nickel for every time Ken put "mischaracterization" in one of his many posts, I would be able to pay my house off.

I think it's kind of cute in that way your child is a toddler or still pretty young and hears something, tries to use it, but doesn't get it quite right.

I've noticed a number of times that Ken has tried to use things people have brought up to him against them, us, "the forum," but because he doesn't really "get" what they mean and apparently doesn't own a dictionary or won't use google to look the word or concept up (if it's something that wouldn't be in the dictionary), it doesn't come out quite right.

Sort of like how Ken uses "fire extinguisher". It's just awkward. And it makes me laugh.

Are this not true feminist statements? Is so, own them miss feminist:

Ken, your idiocy here has actually brought me out of my firm commitment to lurkerdom. "Are this [sic] not true feminist statements?" Actually, no, and I'd accuse you of being dishonest but for the fact that I think you're actually just very, very stupid. Though having suffered through your attempts at communication here, I don't think you'd know intellectual honesty if it bit you in the eyeball. This list of quotes seems to be c&p from MRA websites (which it seems Ken frequents, no surprise there.) They are poorly sourced and most have been pretty thoroughly debunked online.

“To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo.†-– Valerie Solanas

Solanas was a violent paranoid schizophrenic, remembered mainly for shooting Andy Warhol. She isn't in any way representative of actual feminist thought and equating all feminists with Solanas is sort of like equating all Christians with Timothy McVeigh.

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.†— Andrea Dworkin

Dworkin wrote this but it was coming from the mouth of a fictional character in one of her books, not as her own opinion.

“The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.†— Sharon Stone

Sharon Stone is a Hollywood actress, not a prominent feminist thinker; in any case, there doesn't seem to be any evidence anywhere that she actually said this.

“In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.†— Catherine MacKinnon

This is actually wrong enough to have its own Snopes page (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mackinnon.asp.) Short version: no, MacKinnon did not say that.

“All men are rapists and that’s all they are†— Marilyn French

Another line of dialogue from a character in a work of fiction

“Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.†— Germaine Greer.

I don't have a source for this one, and right now I don't have the time to find one, but it's suspicious that the first page of Google results are all MRA sites. I'm not quite sure why this is considered so outrageous - it's certainly exaggerated but she's making a statement about male insecurity, not suggesting that all men should be locked up. I'd like to see it in context, something that you claim is important to you. So, help me out, Ken - source?

I don't have time to look up the others, alas - I hit the easy targets first - so perhaps you could let me know where you got your information (kidding! I already know - misogynist propaganda hate sites, right?) and we'll see whether or not feminists can "own them."

Ken could watch a husband beat the shit out of his wife and would still say it isn't abuse.

I think Ken just likes words that start with -m. Mischaracterization, manure, minutia, modest. Reminds me of when Joey could only afford the V encyclopedia on Friends and tried to steer conversation toward discussing vivisection, Mt. Vesuvius and the Vietnam War so he could appear smart to his friends.

You can't make feminism into anything you want it to be, then not accept responsibility for the feminism at its first wave and second wave. I have discovered that I too am a feminist. We have much in common as we both believe in equal rights for women and quality in the work place, and equality of personhood. After that your feminism looks nothing like mine.

It is ridiculous for you to deny that the things Lorin says about feminism are not thought of and taught by feminists. You want no responsibility for the spew and defamation of YOUR Forum, and you want no responsibility for any feminism but your own ideals of feminism? You demand accountability everywhere, but you want no responsibility for the groups you belong to? I do not get your logic or sense of responsibility. I you disagree with her characterizations of feminism at least acknowledge that they are true of some feminists, especially the most ardent group.

“I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.†– Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

“To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo.†-– Valerie Solanas

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.†— Andrea Dworkin

“The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.†— Sharon Stone

“In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.†— Catherine MacKinnon

“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.†— Sally Miller Gearhart

“Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.†– Catherine Comins

“All men are rapists and that’s all they are†— Marilyn French

“Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.†— Germaine Greer.

First off, you moron, she did accept that some feminist are like that and yet you completely ignore that!

Second, if you are going to talk about the first and second wave of feminist, you really should get quotes from them to point out how bad they were. Try people like Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Alice Stokes Paul, Carrie Chapman Catt. That, dear ken is the first wave. Not Andrea Dworkin, or Sharon Stone. If you are as intelligent as you claim to be, you should know that.

BTW: You just need to put your big girl panties and suck it the fuck up. We aren't going to change to please you.

Own them, Miss Feminist? Did you seriously type that garbage with a straight face? Ken, you really need to take a seat. You do not get to come in here and use this tone at FG and demand that she own anything she did not say. Who the hell do you think you are? You have yet to own anything you and Lori have ACTUALLY said, yet you show up here and say FG should own quotes that never came out of her mouth or typed with her fingers? You really are a piece of work. :roll:

That's MS. Feminist to you, Ken.

Oh, for fuck's sakes. He's back again. [ducks out into another thread]

Oh, for fuck's sakes. He's back again. [ducks out into another thread]

I keep checking to see if this exchange has come to any kind of end, but nope.

Robin Morgan is a Radical feminists which means she is hardly representing most feminists. It is like taking a Westboro Baptist quote and pretending like all Christians believe the same thing.

From what I can tell the Sally Miller Gearhart quote is from a science fiction book she wrote. So it is like getting a quote from a Christian fiction book where the character says something offensive and claiming that it represents all Christians beliefs.

Catherine Comins quote needs to be read in the context of the article it was in. Which I'm not even going to attempt to explain to Ken because he really won't get it. But it was a Times article about defining rape and how men can walk away from an experience not feeling like they raped a woman and a woman can walk away feeling raped and what men can learn about treating women from hearing that they made a woman feel like she was raped.

The Germaine Greer quote is from her book The Female Eunuch where she also says women should taste their own menstrual blood. So it would be like finding a bizarre Pat Robertson quote and telling Ken he must own it as his own.

Frankly, I'm gratified to see him post quotes C&Ped from MRA hate sites. Go right ahead, Ken--keep showing the world exactly what company you keep, what ideas you find attractive, and what arguments you find reasonable. Keep leaving a permanent, public, searchable record of these things.

Just keep piling it on, one shoveful of manure at a time, Ken; not only do I not object to your doing so, I find it oddly satisfying.

Robin Morgan is a Radical feminists which means she is hardly representing most feminists. It is like taking a Westboro Baptist quote and pretending like all Christians believe the same thing.

I was just about to say that. Using the most extreme and controversial proponents of any ideology as representative of that ideology is ridiculous.

I wish I could say that I am surprised that Ken, who won't take ownership of his own words or the words of his submissive wife, is expecting people to take ownership of words they never said. But I'm not. He is so focused on winning he's just cutting and pasting random shit and searching for that "gotcha" moment where he can get someone to tell him he's right.

It might be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The more he's here, the more I feel deeply sorry for him. He is a small, miserable man who thinks winning an online argument is important.

I wish I could say that I am surprised that Ken, who won't take ownership of his own words or the words of his submissive wife, is expecting people to take ownership of words they never said. But I'm not. He is so focused on winning he's just cutting and pasting random shit and searching for that "gotcha" moment where he can get someone to tell him he's right.

It might be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The more he's here, the more I feel deeply sorry for him. He is a small, miserable man who thinks winning an online argument is important.

I may be hopelessly biased, but I don't think he's winning the online argument. :whistle:

From what I can tell the Sally Miller Gearhart quote is from a science fiction book she wrote. So it is like getting a quote from a Christian fiction book where the character says something offensive and claiming that it represents all Christians beliefs.

Catherine Comins quote needs to be read in the context of the article it was in. Which I'm not even going to attempt to explain to Ken because he really won't get it. But it was a Times article about defining rape and how men can walk away from an experience not feeling like they raped a woman and a woman can walk away feeling raped and what men can learn about treating women from hearing that they made a woman feel like she was raped.

The Germaine Greer quote is from her book The Female Eunuch where she also says women should taste their own menstrual blood. So it would be like finding a bizarre Pat Robertson quote and telling Ken he must own it as his own.

Not to mention, the words we have been asking Ken to own are the words on his and Lori's blog-- not every utterance of every Christian in the history of the world . I don't expect him and Lori to claim Tertullian, or Saint Clement of Alexandria or Pat Robertson unless they actually quote those people in an admiring way, as they have cabinetman and the pearls.

I will stand behind all my own words, Ken. I only expect you and Lori to stand behind your own. Going around and redacting and editing is not standing by your own words.

Because he is desperatley trying to keep up the facade of being the good, christian leader and here on FJ we mercilessly poked major holes in it.

He can't stand it and what he actually does is defending the indefensible, he can't lose face and sadly he is.

That's why he is writing competely incoherent 'walls of textst' and thinks the attack is the best defense by accusing FJ of manipulating Google, when that didn't work, he started whining, then he blames feminism and FJ's manure slinging and his miscarararatiresation or whatever the hell that is.

This is from a recent post at Lori's blog. Ken wrote it a couple days ago and, in it, he addresses what makes a "good" leader in a submissive marriage:

"2. Do you lead by example? Can you turn around almost every request you make of your wife and do it yourself first? If a leader is asking something that they are unwilling to give or do themselves then they are not being a kind or generous leader. Certainly one cannot expect the husband to do everything for a wife, all dishes and housework, plus a job outside the home, but whatever the demand is, the “smell test†for fairness is whether you would do what you are requesting yourself."

I wondered if this included, say, forbidding your wife to read and take part in certain internet forums, when the headship is not willing to refrain from said forum. I asked my question in the comment section. SURPRISE! It was deleted.

Here's the thing Ken: You could go through every single thing I've posted on the internet in the last decade or so, and you wouldn't be able to pull out any sentences that remotely resemble the dangerous and ignorant things you and your wife have shared. But, oh wait! You can't tie me to much even though I have quite a web presence, because I am smart enough to stay anonymous. I'm sorry that you're still having a tantrum over that, and keep trying to make us out to be the bad guys because we are smarter than you. Them's the breaks.

I'm not ashamed of anything I've said or done online. But I am employed online. I've been moderating boards for a living for years now and have worked my way up to a very well-paying job for a very well-known company. If you think people have been rude and hateful to you here, try moderating mommy boards. :lol: :lol: :lol: I have skin so thick you could probably use me as a dartboard. But my anonymity protects me and my family. There are some seriously fucking crazy people out there. Someone could show up at my doorstep because I didn't see a reason to step in when another mom said piercing babies' ears looks trashy. I'm very selective about who gets to know the real me, and that certainly won't change because someone on the internet can't stop babbling about how it's soooo unfair!

How did you start out in the moderating field? i am now fascinated.

Archived