IGNORED

Why Ken Alexander is really on FJ

So didn't Ken just mischaracterize, defame and whatnot all those feminists since he took their words out of context and directly quoted them? :think:

I got on the list and I was talking about a different Lori. Defamation at the highest. He caught me. :shifty:

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give it up Ken, you can't win this, honestly.

Stop presenting yourself as a godly man with a godly wife and four godly children which is quite arrogant and conceited and to me as an atheist utterly laughable.

Don't you understand at all how you make yourself the risée of at least this forum and only god (or any deity for that matter, take your pick) knows how many more people worldwide?

You didn't convince anybody, au contraire, you very effectively confirmed more and more what we already concluded by reading Lori's blog.

So, be a real, sensible and 'wise' man and confine yourself to your own cohort of spanking, submitting, leading, godly ignoramuses. According to you there must be millions of them, so that will provide you quite some playing field.

An older and hopefully, 'wiser' and 'always learning' woman.

THIS bolded. His own words in this thread have confirmed in my mind what a giant dick he is.

I've been thinking about this curious thread for the past few days, and I just want to put into writing my thoughts (though undoubtedly you have all come to the same conclusion): Ken believes he is an expert at everything, and it is killing him some people don't agree with him.

For a living, Ken tells other orthodontist what they are doing wrong with their businesses. He has a couple of nice websites for his business (how he can be so ignorant of how the internet works, jebus only knows) that shows how he can swoop in and make an orthodontist's business better with his expertise. His co-consultants are his son and his son-in-law...hardly people to really challenge Ken on a professional level. At home, he has a wife who has agreed to be submissive to him and let him call all the shots. He is indeed master, king and emperor of his little world. He believes that because he has been such a successful man in his little fiefdom that he must be especially blessed by god - anyone who is any less successful or believes otherwise must be doin' it wrong. He has taken the prosperity gospel to heart.

If Ken did not have the hubris to come to Free Jinger and try to mansplain to us how we just don't get it Lori Alexander would have just been a blogger of somewhat lesser interest (I don't think Lori drew nearly the attention of the likes of the Bates/Duggars/Maxwells). But because Ken MUST ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL of his universe, he couldn't let it go. Steve Maxwell may be a horrible human being and a control freak, but fellow FJ'ers, I think we have someone who is actually far worse than Stevehovah. In fact, he should just take a page from Steve's playbook and just hate read here and make passive aggressive comments on Lori's blog.

The theme here with Ken is CONTROL. He is master, we just live in his world. Ken tries to play merciful emperor, but it's eating away at him that he cannot put a lid on this situation.

Ken, I present you two quotes:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game ~ Ice T

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen ~ Unknown

This is one place you cannot control. You cannot control how others interpret the information Lori has put out in the world. You are shadowboxing and losing. The only thing you can control is the output from the blog. Make it private, take it down...if you don't like how others interpret Lori's blog, that isn't our problem...that is your problem. And that IS something you can control.

Edited for Riffles

What he hasn't been here this morning? I'm shocked. Perhaps he's really living a life.

OTBT, that perversion on HBB was not a tuna casserole. I admit it sounds gross and doesn't look much better, but some of them are quite tasty. For the record, I haven't made one in 20 years or more.

Sephora and I are besties. I spent a ridiculous amount there last year. We need to start a cosmetics thread in the hobbies forum.

Let's do it!!!

Oh, it looks like I made the list of Ken's. Wow, I feel honored that I got under his skin by saying he acts like a pervert and could possibly be inappropriate to other women. Well Ken, you do and you have acted the same way here. I did not just pull that out of thin air. You have said many inappropriate things, made people feel uncomfortable, and asked for someone's personal information to send them gifts. A married woman that you knew was married while being married yourself, I might add. So you are going to have to excuse me for not giving two flying shits if you think what I said was mean. Here is a clue: if you did not go around saying the things you do and frequent the places you do on the Internet leaving a very large trail, maybe, just maybe, you would not have this problem. You did it to yourself. Take responsibilty for your words. If you do not want people thinking certain things about you, then how about not writing things all over the Internet that makes you appear weird and inappropriate.

Oh, and I thought you said earlier that you and Lori really did not care what was said and that your clients did not either, so I am not sure why you keep moaning about defamation. By your own admission, you are not harmed.

He also attributed words to people when they didn't actually say them. But I rather doubt he wants to discuss that.

If I could change my username I would change it to Miss Feminist. :lol: His anger was palpable in that post to me.

Custom title courtesy of Ken ;)

He also attributed words to people when they didn't actually say them. But I rather doubt he wants to discuss that.

If I could change my username I would change it to Miss Feminist. :lol: His anger was palpable in that post to me.

It was palpable, and it pissed me the hell off. You have been very patient and reasonable with this bozo, and for him to talk down to you and demand you take ownership of words you never said just flew all over me. Ken's actions to you is what we could call a true mischaracterization, not this crap he keeps carrying on about. Ken is a stupid, stupid man.

Why is it that if a woman goes to work, she can't spend proper amounts of time with her husband and children, but if a man goes to work, he spends the perfect amount of time with his kids?

the reasons why women shouldn't work can easily be applied to men too. So with that, clearly if you are married and have kids, neither side should work because otherwise you can't spend enough time together as a family.

Why is it that if a woman goes to work, she can't spend proper amounts of time with her husband and children, but if a man goes to work, he spends the perfect amount of time with his kids?

the reasons why women shouldn't work can easily be applied to men too. So with that, clearly if you are married and have kids, neither side should work because otherwise you can't spend enough time together as a family.

Because PENIS.

Curious: My appeal is to common decency. Keep having your fun with your group, and ask them to stay within the bounds of decency. Your Forum is open to the public, and as so, there are consequences to the manure, lies, mischaracterizations, and false accusations that your group is doing. I am done discussing this and doubt I will return. You all have your fun. I am moving on to much healthier things.

I have a healthier appreciation for what is in this Forum. I see that many of the individuals here are probably pretty decent people who enjoy using their time and intellect to discuss some important topics. I get that and I am not opposed to that in any way. I am saddened that the conversation cannot be kept reasonable at times, like the outbursts of RosyDaisy and a few others, and trying to spill it over the INternet outside the Forum yet blaming the Internet, but I am a pretty understanding person over all.

Pain begets pain... I am so sorry if some of you believe the church has let you down. I do not want to be another Christian who is part of that. All I can tell you is that the church is filled with many sinners, and some are saved by grace and move forward to walk in new life in Christ, and others never really seem to get it. When rough times come they run from Christ.

To lump us all together is unfair, and yes it seems it is unfair to lump all feminist together, because I must have some feminists leanings too wanting male and female to be treated equally, fairly and with common decency.

As you know, I also believe in allowing freedom of choice, for a wife and husband to be able to choose a Biblical model of submission, a true loving husband who is willing to lead properly with his wife as partner who is willing to allow such leadership. The submission is voluntary. The model works better than any other models if done right, but certainly leaves open the possibility of a husband taking advantage of or controlling a wife if she is not taught that she can say "no way" at any time she feels his request or controlling is inappropriate. Willful submission does not mean blind submission.

The same applies to children. Parents should have the freedom of choice as to how they raise their children so long as the discipline is modest and is leaving mild to moderate discomfort without bruises. For one sole purpose to train proper behavior so as to avoid the blow ups that happen so often with pre-teens and teens. Very short term pain for long term gain is the way we see things. Freedom of choice is essential in the family unit, if not we are legislating life for all things, including banning 44 oz. drinks.

Some of you have shown me some things to think about and to change with the blog. The process of change will take some time as it is not my blog, and I have discussed these things already above. One of the main purposes for coming here was to do as I teach which is to seek out criticism, evaluate it, and even if it is 98% wrong, there are still some nuggets of truth that are worth changing in one's life, especially if we are followers of Jesus. I know some of you will be disappointed that I am not cutting out large sections of my Bible, but I can change the way I think about them and how it must look to outsiders who do not see the fuller picture of who we really are.

Have a great life. I may try to do the rest of what I came here for and look at the other issues you all see, but I doubt I will respond again to anything related to us and the blog. I have gotten what I can from you, and if the oppression was not so strong at times I might have enjoyed the dialogue. It is not any one individual that is oppressive, but to have 50-100 angry women trying to make you look bad and flounce is not a healthy situation. If there was even a modest set of understanding things might be different, but the FOrum as an a collective group approaches this like a battle and war, not as a dialogue.

Regardless, the time spent is way too consuming. I will be using the little Red X and wish each and every one of you, even our most ardent critics a good life, and that you may find peace, joy and happiness. We have found these things in Christ Jesus, and for some of you we become the antithesis to your lives of walking away from the church. I have never had your circumstances and cannot walk in your shoes, so I do not condemn you. I only appeal to some of you to maybe try putting your toe back into a good church that is flourishing, accepting, loving, and shining Christ in the world. Maybe find out that you just got a bum deal with the church or group you were in, and that there are a billion who call Christ Lord not b chance, but by relationship. We know him personally. Gothard is not the church, and if he truly is evil I want him exposed as much as any of you.

I make no promise that I will not be back in a week or two, after missing you all too much. As some of you warned me, this stuff can be addictive. Unfortunately I have way too many other responsibilities including taking one of my grandkids on a walk on the beach this morning. I think we can all agree that is a much better use of my time.

Thank you Curious for allowing em to come on and dialogue... I am flouncing at last! :).

Dear Ken,

Have a nice life...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Adios!

... I am flouncing at last! :)

No, you're not. You'll be back, and a lot sooner than you think. You just can't quit us. :laughing-rolling:

I'm aware the following is childish and I'm choosing not to let it bother me too much today.

As many times as Ken used the word "manure", you know he was he was thinking "shit", and according to his favoritest text ever, (besides his, of course) as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Anyone else wishing Ken was a bit quicker and shorter in his posts like he is with his sexy time? Geeze, do we need a "War and Peace" posts every. damn. time?

Aw, Ken! You're really just going to ignore the whole godly wives = previous whores thing? ETA a lovely raspberry color to the main point.

I'm like a fundie on this one -- obsessed with sex. :lol: Just quoting myself. Again. Would love to hear Ken's further thoughts on his characterization of godly submissive wives as previous whores.

Curious: My appeal is to common decency. Keep having your fun with your group, and ask them to stay within the bounds of decency. Your Forum is open to the public, and as so, there are consequences to the manure, lies, mischaracterizations, and false accusations that your group is doing. I am done discussing this and doubt I will return. You all have your fun. I am moving on to much healthier things.

I have a healthier appreciation for what is in this Forum. I see that many of the individuals here are probably pretty decent people who enjoy using their time and intellect to discuss some important topics. I get that and I am not opposed to that in any way. I am saddened that the conversation cannot be kept reasonable at times, like the outbursts of RosyDaisy and a few others, and trying to spill it over the INternet outside the Forum yet blaming the Internet, but I am a pretty understanding person over all.

Pain begets pain... I am so sorry if some of you believe the church has let you down. I do not want to be another Christian who is part of that. All I can tell you is that the church is filled with many sinners, and some are saved by grace and move forward to walk in new life in Christ, and others never really seem to get it. When rough times come they run from Christ.

To lump us all together is unfair, and yes it seems it is unfair to lump all feminist together, because I must have some feminists leanings too wanting male and female to be treated equally, fairly and with common decency.

As you know, I also believe in allowing freedom of choice, for a wife and husband to be able to choose a Biblical model of submission, a true loving husband who is willing to lead properly with his wife as partner who is willing to allow such leadership. The submission is voluntary. The model works better than any other models if done right, but certainly leaves open the possibility of a husband taking advantage of or controlling a wife if she is not taught that she can say "no way" at any time she feels his request or controlling is inappropriate. Willful submission does not mean blind submission.

The same applies to children. Parents should have the freedom of choice as to how they raise their children so long as the discipline is modest and is leaving mild to moderate discomfort without bruises. For one sole purpose to train proper behavior so as to avoid the blow ups that happen so often with pre-teens and teens. Very short term pain for long term gain is the way we see things. Freedom of choice is essential in the family unit, if not we are legislating life for all things, including banning 44 oz. drinks.

Some of you have shown me some things to think about and to change with the blog. The process of change will take some time as it is not my blog, and I have discussed these things already above. One of the main purposes for coming here was to do as I teach which is to seek out criticism, evaluate it, and even if it is 98% wrong, there are still some nuggets of truth that are worth changing in one's life, especially if we are followers of Jesus. I know some of you will be disappointed that I am not cutting out large sections of my Bible, but I can change the way I think about them and how it must look to outsiders who do not see the fuller picture of who we really are.

Have a great life. I may try to do the rest of what I came here for and look at the other issues you all see, but I doubt I will respond again to anything related to us and the blog. I have gotten what I can from you, and if the oppression was not so strong at times I might have enjoyed the dialogue. It is not any one individual that is oppressive, but to have 50-100 angry women trying to make you look bad and flounce is not a healthy situation. If there was even a modest set of understanding things might be different, but the FOrum as an a collective group approaches this like a battle and war, not as a dialogue.

Regardless, the time spent is way too consuming. I will be using the little Red X and wish each and every one of you, even our most ardent critics a good life, and that you may find peace, joy and happiness. We have found these things in Christ Jesus, and for some of you we become the antithesis to your lives of walking away from the church. I have never had your circumstances and cannot walk in your shoes, so I do not condemn you. I only appeal to some of you to maybe try putting your toe back into a good church that is flourishing, accepting, loving, and shining Christ in the world. Maybe find out that you just got a bum deal with the church or group you were in, and that there are a billion who call Christ Lord not b chance, but by relationship. We know him personally. Gothard is not the church, and if he truly is evil I want him exposed as much as any of you.

I make no promise that I will not be back in a week or two, after missing you all too much. As some of you warned me, this stuff can be addictive. Unfortunately I have way too many other responsibilities including taking one of my grandkids on a walk on the beach this morning. I think we can all agree that is a much better use of my time.

Thank you Curious for allowing em to come on and dialogue... I am flouncing at last! :).

Some points if you do ever come back and attempt to have an actual logical discussion in which you are at least making an attempt at intellectual honesty.

1. No one "allowed" you to come here anymore than they "allowed" me to come here. You joined just like the rest of us. You got no special privileges.

So are you going to apologize for the "miss feminists" comment and telling me I must own those words of other feminists, most of which were not really said by the people, taken out of context, or said by radical feminists who are a minority? You are being extremely hypocritical if you demand we not lump you in with Christians you don't agree with yet insist on lumping all feminists in with the most extreme radical feminists. What does Lori think? Does she really think that most feminists think they are better than men and that most women feel the same?

3. If there was even a modest set of understanding things might be different, but the FOrum as an a collective group approaches this like a battle and war, not as a dialogue

Do you have any idea how hard it is to dialogue with a man who avoids direct questions, relies on logical fallacies, continually tries to redirect the conversation to avoid answering difficult questions, and writes giant walls of text instead of actually answering people? If you wanted a good dialogue you should have done your part, people do love a good debate here, but you have probably been one of the most challenging posters when it comes to having a conversation that makes sense.

4.Gothard is not the church, and if he truly is evil I want him exposed as much as any of you.

You couldn't point out one difference between Gothard's teachings on submission and Lori's. Honestly, I don't think that there is much of a difference. You don't want to think about that point because if you did you would have to dwell on the rampant spousal abuse caused by such teachings. Teachings that don't differ from Lori's. Chances are, there is rampant abuse in your circles, you are just blind to it because you seem to not be able to comprehend how hard abuse is to spot.

5. Leave, don't leave. No one actually cares that much what you do. This is a message board. We have members come and go.

6. You should totally go hang out on mothering forums if you think this place is mean. Cloth diapering forums too. This place is nice compared for those. :lol:

Anyone else wishing Ken was a bit quicker and shorter in his posts like he is with his sexy time? Geeze, do we need a "War and Peace" posts every. damn. time?

Lube up those fingers, Ken. Oh wait... :disgust:

FFS.

Ken: I'm finally pressing the red x and flouncing! But I can't promise to stay away! Thanks for allowing me to dialogue with your evil forum Curious!

:roll:

Hi! My name is Ken Alexander, and I am addicted to Free Jinger having to have the last word.

ETA: because my fingers and iPad weren't playing nicely with each other.

Because PENIS.

Which is also why women can't work outside the home. Apparently, it will lead to neglect of the husband. So, if I spend 32 hours a week working outside the home, commute 6 minutes to work and back, I neglect him.

If on the other hand, my husband works 32 hours a week, with a 75 minute one-way commute, he does not neglect me. All of my working time encompasses his, plus I have a couple of extra hours while he's on the road....yet I still will be neglecting him while he's not home. Makes perfect sense, right? Because, well, PENIS!

My non-neglected, penis-owning husband finds all of this really, really funny.

Well, I thought he'd never leave. C'mon, girls, let's go back to plotting the violent coup against the patriarchy!! Viva la vulva-lution!

this will be my last post here

:greetings-wavegreen:

I am limiting my time on the forum, maybe ready to say goodbye

:greetings-waveyellow:

You no longer want your mouse to play with... so I will be heading to better things to use my time.
:greetings-wavingblue:

OK Koala, your chasing me out of your playground soon

:greetings-wavegreen:

I am flouncing at last! :)

:greetings-waveyellow:

Wait, I thought pain begets learning. :think:

One of the cruelest writers I've ever read refers to it as "a great teacher" :whistle:

Who the actual fresh hell does Ken think he is fooling? He tries to make it appear that the Alexanders are reasonable people and all about choice, but Lori's blog tells a much different story. Ken's replies do as well. Look at what he said here in his last Sermon on the Mount. Ken said he believes in freedom of choice, but goes on a rambling sermon about how Bibical submission is the best way. He does not even grasp the definition of freedom of choice. It means that EVERYONE gets to make the best choice that works for them, but that is not what Ken is actually saying. If you do not do it their way, it is wrong. Full stop. Their way is the best way if done their way. End of discussion.

His diatribe is exhausting. How can anyone have a conversation with someone that cannot grasp the basics of simple words and their meanings? Everything means something different to Ken. He lives by a different dictionary. Hell, he cannot even flounce correctly. Blah.

Pain is a great teacher -- remember? And "I am so sorry IF" is not an apology at all. Sure, some people run from the church and so-called Christians when times get difficult. In fact, when times get rough, people do all kinds of things. Those are the times that show their true character.

See, if a cat bites someone out of the blue and that person kicks them so hard that their toe breaks? That person is showing his or her true character. If a person is inadvertently hurt by an infant and strikes out to hurt that infant and make that infant cry? That person is showing his or her true character. When a person drags a toddler out of bed to try to exert his or her authority, that person is displaying his or her true character. When a person takes turns spanking a child because his or her hands and arms are getting tired, that person (indeed, those people) are showing his or her true characters.

And when a person is faced with an abusive situation or individual and that person calls out the abusive behavior and names it for what it is, that person is also showing his or her true character.

Careful, Ken ... your true character just might be showing a bit more than you meant for it to.

Archived