IGNORED

Why Ken Alexander is really on FJ

And here you all thought it was to have a wee chat and find some mutual understanding. Errr no.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... iCVx2QZqrw

Moan to Google.

I've read the FAQs and searched the help center.

The search fir Lori Alexander returns on the third profanity and defamation of character.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lori+al ... 2&ie=UTF-8

The perpetrators purposefully have manipulated the Google Crawler to place the defamatory URL's directly under my name" The list goes on of the cyber bullies who piled on and Google is the baseball bat they are welding. Please remedy ASAP or we will pursue legal action. The request has now been made 7 times. Thanks,

I'm not sure how you weld a baseball bat but never mind.

A helpful answer.

There is nothing Google can or will do. You need to contact the website that the information is on and get them to remove it from their site. You have no basis for a legal case against Google

A bigger moan. Gosh and here we thought it was all about 'Always Learning.'

We have contacted the site's Webmaster who has refused our repeated requests to remove the defamatory URL's and has claimed that we do not know how Google and the Crawler work that she cannot remove them.

What recourse can Google help me with this? It is Goggle who is being used as the baseball bat in this case to be purposefully and premeditatedly harm all who are called by my name.

Please help if you can.

Here is some of what the Owner of the Webiste says. Do we have to depend on her definition of what is Snark, or will Google weigh in and declare the material defamatory and objectionable? There must be some Goggle rules that can be appealed to in cases like these without having to get the courts involved each time defamatory statements are made with the deliberate intent to move them up the Google Search to harm another individual.

Goggle? Well I'm goggling at the typos.

Then quotes Curious.

I'm having a tolerant day so I'll play along for a little while. I asked specifically where information that was private about you or Lori was posted on the forum. Since you have written a wall o' text and not provided me with the requested link(s), I'm going to take that as "there is no private information about Lori or myself currently published on FJ" and I'm going to ask you to stop saying that we are publishing your private information at this point.

Ken, this is an honest question and I'm not being snarky at all. Do you understand how the internet works at all? Do you understand about search engines and crawlers?

You don't get to say whatever you want all over the place and deem some of it off limits because it's not on your main blog. That is not how things work. If you post it in a public space it will, most likely, be crawled and available for searching. If you and Lori were not aware of that, I really think that you both need to take some time and learn how the internet actually works. No one should be blogging without a full understanding of this kind of stuff, for their own safety. I'm not being snarky here. You can't be on the internet in 2014 and not understand how it works and be safe.

Ken/Lori then says.

NOTE: I am not asking that ANYTHING on a Personal Blog be removed from the Internet, but I am asking that the defamation of character and words said about someone be removed that this Forum perpetuates as a form of punishment because they do not agree with the content of a personal blog. I have given her the specific Thread that is creating the defamation and she refuses to help get it taken out of the Goggle search engine. It does not seem to show up in Yahoo, or others, just at the top of the Google search. Why? That is a mystery to me, but something that Goggle should investigate and rectify. I understand that certain search penalties are applied to those who purposefully manipulate the Crawler. Is this not true?

It would appear there is a mystery folks.

Answers on a postcard to Ken, who really knows this is the only reason he is here despite ye ole wall o texts.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And here you all thought it was to have a wee chat and find some mutual understanding. Errr no.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... iCVx2QZqrw

Moan to Google.

I'm not sure how you weld a baseball bat but never mind.

A helpful answer.

A bigger moan. Gosh and here we thought it was all about 'Always Learning.'

Goggle? Well I'm goggling at the typos.

Then quotes Curious.

Ken/Lori then says.

It would appear there is a mystery folks.

Answers on a postcard to Ken, who really knows this is the only reason he is here despite ye ole wall o texts.

Reading that made my head hurt. Walls of text with ever changing tenses, random punctuation and typos galore are more than my brain can deal with right now.

Lori should learn how to write correctly and more coherently. She needs to learn how to properly use the word "recourse," and the phrase about "purposefully and premeditatedly harm" made my brain go crazy while mentally fixing it.

I don't understand why she bemoans people at FJ who apparently defame her, when she defames herself better than anyone here ever could. When you "goggle" search her name the first thing that pops up is her blog, and the contents therein damages her reputation in the eyes of the vast majority based on the awful things she says. If she wants links removed from the Google search that make her look bad, she should request that they remove the link to her blog. (I am not sure if someone can defame themselves, or if it technically has to be done by others, but hopefully you get my point.)

She also needs to take a legal studies course (along with the introduction to writing and basic grammar class) if she thinks she can take legal action and win.

Because Google cares about users being able to find "defamatory" material on the internet, and webmasters can control what appears in Google searches. The hubris and ignorance of it boggles the mind.

Ken, if you ever figure out how to alter Google searches to omit unfavorable opinions, you could make a fortune selling the trick to various celebrities and politicians. ;)

I found some handy hints for Ken.

“To engage with criticism, is on some level, a validation of that which otherwise would go unnoticed.â€

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.â€
Oh Maggie, you old feminist :lol: (She is now spinning in her grave I called her that.)

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

Stephen Fry.

If Lori and Ken Alexander didn't hold such horrible beliefs, I would be embarrassed and feel a bit sorry for them. This is just pathetic. However, seeing as how they have employed physical discipline on a child for four hours straight, endorse a husband pinning his wife against a wall, and believe that a woman can be held at least partially responsible for her own rape, all I can do is this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken, please learn to spell Google.

I actually think it may be Lori who wrote that. Lori, the former teacher. :angry-banghead:

Clearly Ken isn't familiar with the Streisand effect. His futile efforts to get people to stop talking about Lori Alexander is having the opposite effect.

Ken and Lori could make the blog private. Their views are reprehensible and they erase negative comments from their site.

For the most part, this site has become good at policing itself. We don't snark on children and, I think, that we are more focused on the writer's views than on their personal life or their appearance. Sometimes we cross the line but we tend to be self correcting. The yuku site was harsher but gradually we seem to have gotten better

Some people simply aren't used to others disagreeing with them. They surround themselves with those who either think like them or are too polite to say anything. When they write on a blog, the imagine that people will use the same reluctance to counter their views as they do off line. That isn't how the internet works. People online are more honest about their real views; however, the negative reaction have always existed, it was just silent. Even if Ken could shut down every site that discusses his wife's blog, he still couldn't stop people from being outraged at Lori's ideas.

Ken, freedom of speech does not work one way. Your wife has the freedom to write things that will hurt other families and we have a right to loudly disagree with her. You can, in turn, write on your site about how much you hate us. You might want to actually read what we write and instead of getting offended weigh what we say. You might also want to consider how your wife's own words make you seem like a cruel, thoughtless husband. Her own words are the worst representation of your relationship.

Did she threaten to sue Google?

"Please remedy ASAP or we will pursue legal action"

:lol: I'm 100% sure that Google doesn't care. And the attempt to manipulate Google crawler with Lori is a Monster was pretty half-hearted wasn't it? Doug Phillips is a Tool was a much bigger thing and it still didn't seem to work that well.

Did she threaten to sue Google?

"Please remedy ASAP or we will pursue legal action"

:lol: I'm 100% sure that Google doesn't care. And the attempt to manipulate Google crawler with Lori is a Monster was pretty half-hearted wasn't it? Doug Phillips is a Tool was a much bigger thing and it still didn't seem to work that well.

Can we please not use words like "manipulate google crawler" since that is NOT what was being done and there is, in fact, absolutely no way for us to do what they are claiming. There is NO way for any website to determine WHERE google is going to place something in a search. They regularly change their algorithm. Saying that we purposely manipulated to place our link directly under Lori's blog link is ridiculous because it's completely impossible.

The reason the Doug Phillips is a tool thing didn't work "all that well" is because it's not a true google bomb. To be a true google bomb, you have to use hyperlinks, which isn't happening here (nor would we allow it because there would not be anything to hyperlink to and *that* would be a problem for google). It requires using many links to the same site. It's generally used to cause a search to return a specific site when a search term is looked for. One of the more famous ones is having "miserable failure" link to George Bush's bio when he was President.

You can read about some successful google bombs here: http://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/google-bombs/

My favourite (not a google bomb) Was the google map walking directions from The Shire To Mordor :lol:

Can we please not use words like "manipulate google crawler" since that is NOT what was being done and there is, in fact, absolutely no way for us to do what they are claiming. There is NO way for any website to determine WHERE google is going to place something in a search. They regularly change their algorithm. Saying that we purposely manipulated to place our link directly under Lori's blog link is ridiculous because it's completely impossible.

The reason the Doug Phillips is a tool thing didn't work "all that well" is because it's not a true google bomb. To be a true google bomb, you have to use hyperlinks, which isn't happening here (nor would we allow it because there would not be anything to hyperlink to and *that* would be a problem for google). It requires using many links to the same site. It's generally used to cause a search to return a specific site when a search term is looked for. One of the more famous ones is having "miserable failure" link to George Bush's bio when he was President.

You can read about some successful google bombs here: http://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/google-bombs/

:embarrassed: I'm sorry. I wasn't really sure what to call it. I just knew that a handful of posters writing Lori Alexander is a Monster isn't going to do much.

But I think if that is what Ken was really worried about, he would have said something a long time ago since it has been like that. I think he is terrified of his peers finding out about his internet life.

From Lori's blog o'doom today

*some woman* thought she had a great marriage. She loved being married and had been married for almost 25 years. Her husband began withdrawing, losing himself in computer chat rooms. He was a pastor and decided to leave his ministry. He was talked into staying.

Shortly afterwards, Heather was diagnosed with a low strain of a sexually transmitted disease. He told he there is no way he could have given it to her. He slowly imploded and finally admitted about an on-line relationship.

You have got to be joking!!! Is it just me or is this hilariously mistimed?

Did she have google-botulism?

Cyber bollocks?

Why did Lori put "some woman" in quotes? Was she actually trying to keep the person's identity a secret, only to accidentally "out" her one paragraph later?

Some church -- most would at least force him to step down from his position if not outright fire him, but apparently this church decided to "forgive" their pastor (i.e., look the other way as he diddled his way through the congregation and world at large).

I just can't... :evil-eye:

In other news, I am beginning to seriously doubt that Lori was ever a teacher. I also think she has someone heavily editing the grammar on her blog posts, because the Lori Alexander who just threatened to sue Google can barely string a coherent sentence together.

:embarrassed: I'm sorry. I wasn't really sure what to call it. I just knew that a handful of posters writing Lori Alexander is a Monster isn't going to do much.

But I think if that is what Ken was really worried about, he would have said something a long time ago since it has been like that. I think he is terrified of his peers finding out about his internet life.

No worries. I am just trying to keep us from perpetuating his reality by repeating his version of events (which seem to change more often than some people change their under roos).

I agree on both other points you made here :)

Why did Lori put "some woman" in quotes? Was she actually trying to keep the person's identity a secret, only to accidentally "out" her one paragraph later?

Ooops No that was me. No idea who she is, just in case we get accused of googlebombing ya know :D

Ken/Lori:

If you are going to threaten anyone with legal action, it helps if you actually do a bit of research and know if you have a claim.

Here's a quick guide to defamation for you: https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/leg ... defamation

Please provide proof that an intentionally false statement was maliciously made against you. Keep in mind that the intentionally false statement would need to be something that a reasonable reader could understand to be a statement of verifiable fact. Profanity is not defamation, nor is a claim that someone is an imaginary creature.

I just can't... :evil-eye:

In other news, I am beginning to seriously doubt that Lori was ever a teacher. I also think she has someone heavily editing the grammar on her blog posts, because the Lori Alexander who just threatened to sue Google can barely string a coherent sentence together.

Personally, I think her blog posts also sound pretty crude and unpolished. Her husband's grasp of English grammar (and for that matter, logic) is just about as tenuous.

Personally, I think her blog posts also sound pretty crude and unpolished. Her husband's grasp of English grammar (and for that matter, logic) is just about as tenuous.

Oh I totally agree, but this was just a notch above anything I've ever seen her write. It honestly looks like a drunk person wrote it.

Archived