IGNORED

Pecan Thief and Waller Delegation Wander Israel

busmgr

True, the dependency thing especially at night can be a nightmare. Searching for a lost binky in the middle of the night with a screaming kid sucks. Ripping a crib apart to find said binky and then getting the kid back to sleep only to repeat after they lose it a few hours later is hell. I guess attaching it would solve that problem though so idk...? :think:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swore my kids would never have pacifiers, but I caved both times when I couldn't calm them or make them stop crying. My oldest had his until he was about 2 and when I took it away, he was good about it. My youngest had his until he was 3 and the "Binky Fairy" came in the middle of the night and took it and left him with a toy. And those clip-ons are a lifesaver. Otherwise, they lose them in their beds and wake up the entire house when they can't find them. Or they drop them somewhere dirty and you have no way to clean them. As for the dental issues, yes, they are not recommended past a certain point, but honestly, my kids are 14 and 11 now and both have had orthodontia that I certainly would have expected, binky or not. Just sayin'...

Aww now I know why fundies wear matching clothes, its cause their kids enjoy it!!11!!!! Here I was thinking its probably so their kids can differentiate between their parents and sister moms.

I hate the use of "also" and "as well" in the same sentence. It's redundant and annoying and Mr Waller is a repeat offender.

binky fairy.lol.my dd 'lost' hers on st Patrick's day when she was in preschool.we told her a leprechaun came and got it and she just accepted it,bc one came and 'messed up' her room in preschool and she believed that,too.

binky fairy.lol.my dd 'lost' hers on st Patrick's day when she was in preschool.we told her a leprechaun came and got it and she just accepted it,bc one came and 'messed up' her room in preschool and she believed that,too.

As a parent, you end up doing a lot of things you SWORE you would never do. Love the leprechaun idea!

I hate the use of "also" and "as well" in the same sentence. It's redundant and annoying and Mr Waller is a repeat offender.

Their writing is pretty bad, though they're not the only family discussed on FJ who have major grammar, usage, and spelling issues. One would think that people so committed to communicating what's important to them would be better at it.

Their writing is pretty bad, though they're not the only family discussed on FJ who have major grammar, usage, and spelling issues. One would think that people so committed to communicating what's important to them would be better at it.

David and Priscilla should at least proof read each others writing - that would pick up on a lot of the basic mistakes.

I tried to get my kids to take pacifiers, but they wanted my breast and wouldn't accept any substitute. I would have loved to use them if I could have.

I tried to get my kids to take pacifiers, but they wanted my breast and wouldn't accept any substitute. I would have loved to use them if I could have.

Oh, believe me, my boys had full access to the breast, but they really liked their binkies and sometimes that was all that would work to calm them (I had one with colic for 5.5 months and the other that pretty much cried non-stop during every waking moment he wasn't in the sling for the first year of his life). It really wasn't an either/or thing with my kids. They were nursed on demand for a year apiece and then abruptly cut me off! But they weren't about to give up their binkies. Both of them would be embarrassed beyond belief right now if they knew I was airing this publicly. Snicker, snicker.

ETA: My oldest slept at night in his car seat until he was 7 months old. It was the only thing we could find to get him to sleep. When you have a child with colic (and no, it doesn't go away at 3 months like all the docs try to tell you!), you do anything to get your baby to sleep so you can get some, too.

My kids didn't like binkies. They had thumbs. They never fell on the floor or got lost. They never walked around sucking them either. They would suck them when they were ready for a nap or bed. The dentist has told me they will not need braces. I'm not surprised because my husband and I did not either.

My kids wouldn't suck their thumbs, even though I did until I was in 1st grade (I know, right?). I needed braces, but not due to the thumb, we just have crooked teeth in my family. Parenting is such a journey/crapshoot/adventure/surprise. LOL.

David and Priscilla should at least proof read each others writing - that would pick up on a lot of the basic mistakes.

One would hope they hadn't already proofed their posts a bunch of times...

I think Priscilla would be terrified of correcting David and would read through and just smile and nod and smile and nod and say "yesss". Meanwhile David whole just erase everything Priscilla wrote and re-write it while giving her a long lecture about why he was rewriting it and what the Biblical lesson of it was and once again, Priscilla would smile and nod and say "yessss".

Does that seem accurate enough?

All three of mine spit out pacifiers and sucked their thumbs. Daughter number 2 was born sucking her thumb - literally. The nurses thought it was hilarious. My son sucked his during stressful times up until age 7 or 8 when his sisters' teasing ended it. Their dentist always said it was very unlikely to cause any orthodontic issues for them, even at my son's advanced age.

I think Priscilla would be terrified of correcting David and would read through and just smile and nod and smile and nod and say "yesss". Meanwhile David whole just erase everything Priscilla wrote and re-write it while giving her a long lecture about why he was rewriting it and what the Biblical lesson of it was and once again, Priscilla would smile and nod and say "yessss".

Does that seem accurate enough?

Yesss. Priscilla could also thank David for being such a great husband.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the New Year's post somehow never discussed here? With the Wallers all bathing in dead sea mud and the "water"? I use Davids quotation marks not mine for dead sea water, I have no idea why the water would be in quotes - it may have high mineral content but its still real water!

I have visions of David Waller in Israel listening to what he has been told are ancient Israeli folk songs, when in actuality it acapella versions of the Village People's greatest hits.

Was the New Year's post somehow never discussed here? With the Wallers all bathing in dead sea mud and the "water"? I use Davids quotation marks not mine for dead sea water, I have no idea why the water would be in quotes - it may have high mineral content but its still real water!

Well, technically it's a solution of water and a high concentration of minerals. It's quite different from even regular sea water if you swim in it - it feels hot during the summer, it's insanely buoyant, you don't want it anywhere near your eyes and any tiny cut will really sting.

Aww now I know why fundies wear matching clothes, its cause their kids enjoy it!!11!!!! Here I was thinking its probably so their kids can differentiate between their parents and sister moms.

Joan%2BCrawford%2B%2526%2BChristina%2BCrawford%2Bin%2Bmatching%2Bdresses.jpg

Joan%2BCrawford%2B%2526%2BChristina%2BCrawford%2Bin%2Bmatching%2Bdresses.jpg

Yes, I know Joan probably wouldn't have won any Mother of the Year awards (unlike SOME people we know) but the awesomeness of this photo cannot be overstated. I had a "no more wire hangers!" moment with myself this very morning.

Why does that child always have a pacifier clipped to him? Isn't it past time for him to begin weaning from it?

Depends on the family. My friend's grandson turns 4 in March and he still has his 'binky' for security. Drives her nuts but she's not the parents.

Archived