IGNORED

Pecan Thief and Waller Delegation Wander Israel

busmgr

Not sure where the money comes from for these trips, but David, Priscilla and all the Wallers have just traveled to Israel and there are photos and video up on his web site. The writing as he captions the photos is exceptionally bad.

And of course.....the matching outfits!!!! :cracking-up:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um...what's all this then? Can someone enlighten me as to why on earth a boatload of American tourists in Israel would think this is kosher? (Pun intended.)

'Lydia was chosen as captain and hoisted the American flag as we all chimed in with the United States National Anthem.'

Was this something just the Wallers did or is this something that they do for any Americans that pay the fee? I know, I know, allies...but dang. :shifty-kitty:

This is the caption that stood out to me the most

"Priscilla sure is a fun traveling person and always has some treat stowed away in her bag."

"fun traveling person". Did his SOTDRT skip the lesson on -er being added to an action to describe a person doing that action? Also, planning ahead and packing treats isn't fun, its common sense.

I think that flag was on the same Sea of Galilee boat trip that the Duggars took. I'm sure this will be the same type of trip where they go the entire time without talking to one Jew or seeing one Jewish site. Or, for that matter, Muslim and non-Protestant sites.

"Priscilla sure is a fun traveling person and always has some treat stowed away in her bag."

"fun traveling person". Did his SOTDRT skip the lesson on -er being added to an action to describe a person doing that action? Also, planning ahead and packing treats isn't fun, its common sense.

By this measure, I, too, am a "fun traveling person," and I would like it to be my post count title.

Lydia was chosen as captain and hoisted the American flag as we all chimed in with the United States National Anthem.

They hoisted an American flag because they were on an American vessel on Lake Kineret (Sea of Galilee). Oh wait, it was an Israeli vessel and there was no reason to "hoist" an American flag. Hey Pecan Thief and family, did you also sing Hatikvah, or only The Star Spangled Banner?

Brother time has been especially fun from soccer games in the morning to hiking up mountains and crossing the Jordan river.

I wonder if the brothers crossed the Jordan at one of the spots where you can leap across?

Oh dear G-d, PLEASE no videos of them trying to speak Hebrew.

At least they'd be trying. Unlike ppl Luke Boob who expect everyone to understand him if he speaks slowly and loudly enough. #uglyamericantourist

At least they'd be trying. Unlike ppl Luke Boob who expect everyone to understand him if he speaks slowly and loudly enough. #uglyamericantourist

Yeah, when they graced our sandy shores in January, David seemed to be gaily happy & excited about everything. He is much more worldly than Jimboob(which doesn't say much) & his accent is milder. JimBoob probably doesn't realise how much of a twang he has going on & gets mad when somebody who isn't used to speaking english out of high school can't understand him.

Pris said she wanted to invent a big raft and (I think) put on flip flops and pretend they were walking on water. But it would take a lot of good balance.

The pecan thief gave a nervous laugh.

How much of their time do you think was spent trying to convince all the Jewish heathens that they had it all wrong?

I'm a pretty damned devout roman catholic, but seriously - go all the way to the holy land and not experience native life? Did they go to the wailing wall? Meditate on the significance of where they were and the fight it took to get it that way? No? Just act like American assholes who think they're entitled?

This sounds like a description you might give of an elderly relative you don't know very well, not your wife. He also sounds like a character out of a 1950s sitcom. "Golly gee wiz, Great Aunt Prissy sure is a fun traveling person. She even gave me a hard candy covered in lint from the bottom of her purse as a treat!"

Isn't Priscilla a great homemaker? She made sandwiches so none was starving on the 20 minutes ride to the airport... :roll:

Isn't Priscilla a great homemaker? She made sandwiches so none was starving on the 20 minutes ride to the airport... :roll:

Who makes sandwiches for a 20 minute ride? It looks like they ate on the plane unless that was a jab at his brother for not eating a sandwich on the way and instead having airplane food? I am not well traveled but I usually have some sort of snack with me because I'm used to being with children and those little things are always hungry. They looked like the most insufferable American tourists.

Who makes sandwiches for a 20 minute ride? It looks like they ate on the plane unless that was a jab at his brother for not eating a sandwich on the way and instead having airplane food? I am not well traveled but I usually have some sort of snack with me because I'm used to being with children and those little things are always hungry. They looked like the most insufferable American tourists.

The flight is at least 11 hours (from JFK) so meals are served.

So what exactly was the point of the sandwiches for a 20 minute drive if they are going to eat on the flight? I can't figure out how that would save money. What am I missing here?

Anyone else wondering why (or not wondering why) the group they were supposed to take the boat ride with missed the boat?

They saw the Wallers, turned around, and left?

Anyone else wondering why (or not wondering why) the group they were supposed to take the boat ride with missed the boat?

Something tells me it was no accident.

Archived