IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

Damn it all, everyone. I joined FJ for the dougie posts and now I keep coming back to read more about the Maxwells. So much :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

New post up: solving a very deep mystery. Where on earth do they get their skirts?!? :roll:

I'm shocked. I thought they prayed to Jesus and he left them on the doorstep? :think:

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised they would buy from a company that caters to CAREER WOMEN. They seem to be doing a lot less sewing these days, now that they've said buh-bye to the frumpers.

Hey Maxwells, I made dipped pretzels as gifts too! But I baked my own pretzels. So neener neener neener.

Skirts are in danger of becoming an idol in Maxhell . Steve had better get them back into frumpers post haste.

Something to think about.....

Thanks. Not suprisizing, why would a person need their own identity.

(maybe just jaded as I spent 18 years being referred to as "the twins")

\

Only 18? My mom and her twin are 66 and are still the twins, as are HER twins 43 year old twins (who are only a few months older than I, so it is sometimes the 43 year old triplets)

Just catching up with the latest Maxwell posts - 2014 seems to be kicking off as snarking Maxwell New Year for us naysayers; cabinet cleaning, SAM, Elton getting a post approved, then after a few glasses of grape juice tonight, I miss read:

CHRISTOPHER & DENIM SKIRTS

:penguin-no:

Just catching up with the latest Maxwell posts - 2014 seems to be kicking off as snarking Maxwell New Year for us naysayers; cabinet cleaning, SAM, Elton getting a post approved, then after a few glasses of grape juice tonight, I miss read:

CHRISTOPHER & DENIM SKIRTS

:penguin-no:

Denim skirts are dangerously edgy in the Christopher Maxwell home. NR Anna seems to favour frumpers.

Denim skirts are dangerously edgy in the Christopher Maxwell home. NR Anna seems to favour frumpers.

And she makes them herself (well, duh, because you would be challenged to find a place to buy them, wouldn't you?). She likes to sew (Sarah said once that she is an accomplished seamstress), but she goes overboard sometimes with the Peter Pan collars. And she trimmed a shirt for Christopher once in matching fabric to her dress. Yikes.

I'm surprised they would buy from a company that caters to CAREER WOMEN. They seem to be doing a lot less sewing these days, now that they've said buh-bye to the frumpers.

Hey Maxwells, I made dipped pretzels as gifts too! But I baked my own pretzels. So neener neener neener.

I really think sewing must have been getting to be an idol for Mary. They talked quite a bit before about how good she was at it and how much she enjoyed it. Can't have anyone be really good at something or enjoy it!

I really think sewing must have been getting to be an idol for Mary. They talked quite a bit before about how good she was at it and how much she enjoyed it. Can't have anyone be really good at something or enjoy it!

I think she made their bridesmaid dresses for Christopher and NR-Anna's wedding, didn't she? And they weren't hideous and looked like they were made of a fabric that was probably fairly difficult to work with. But right, she isn't seen sewing anymore. She paints/draws and makes greeting cards. It's only a matter of time before she will have to find a new interest because she clearly likes that too much, too.

I think she made their bridesmaid dresses for Christopher and NR-Anna's wedding, didn't she? And they weren't hideous and looked like they were made of a fabric that was probably fairly difficult to work with. But right, she isn't seen sewing anymore. She paints/draws and makes greeting cards. It's only a matter of time before she will have to find a new interest because she clearly likes that too much, too.

I think they all worked on the bridesmaid dresses, but Mary was always the one initiating sewing new skirts.

You're right that she's shown drawing and making cards a lot lately, so yeah, that'll probably go soon, too. :(

Just catching up with the latest Maxwell posts - 2014 seems to be kicking off as snarking Maxwell New Year for us naysayers; cabinet cleaning, SAM, Elton getting a post approved, then after a few glasses of grape juice tonight, I miss read: CHRISTOPHER & DENIM SKIRTS

And speaking of naysayers...where's Part 2, dammit! You can't promise and not deliver, Steve. :naughty:

On the subject of Steve serving or not serving in Vietnam if he enlisted or was drafted into any branch of the military then will be enlistment papers and a service record of some kind. These things eventually end up in the National Archives. I do not believe that the general public can access Vietnam service records and enlistment papers yet though. Most of my military history research is for stuff that happened before 1906.

I think they all worked on the bridesmaid dresses, but Mary was always the one initiating sewing new skirts.

You're right that she's shown drawing and making cards a lot lately, so yeah, that'll probably go soon, too. :(

Steve: maybe God gave us passions for certain things because He wants us to pursue them. Aren't people usually more productive when they dive into things they truly love???

Steve: maybe God gave us passions for certain things because He wants us to pursue them. Aren't people usually more productive when they dive into things they truly love???

Stevus doesn't care about being productive, only about Not Going to Hell.

:borg:

Stevus doesn't care about being productive, only about Not Going to Hell.

:borg:

...which is a valid concern since DEATH comes for us all.

And speaking of naysayers...where's Part 2, dammit! You can't promise and not deliver, Steve. :naughty:

No kidding. False promises, like lies, make the baby Jesus cry, Steve. Where's the rest of your series? :snooty:

Poor Mary. What a sad life to live. Jesus doesn't give a shit if y'all enjoy stuff, punks.

Poor Mary. What a sad life to live. Jesus doesn't give a shit if y'all enjoy stuff, punks.

More than that, I think Jesus actually approved of happiness doesn't he?

A FJ poster once posted that the most frequent command in the Bible is "rejoice". I don't know if it's true or not, but it's pretty easy to find biblical evidence to suggest God doesn't want us to be as miserable as Steve seems to want us all to be.

On the subject of Steve serving or not serving in Vietnam if he enlisted or was drafted into any branch of the military then will be enlistment papers and a service record of some kind. These things eventually end up in the National Archives. I do not believe that the general public can access Vietnam service records and enlistment papers yet though. Most of my military history research is for stuff that happened before 1906.

Most service records are available through WWII and I believe the Korean War, BUT and it's a big one, the military used to keep all records in paper in one place. That warehouse had a major, major, major fire in the late 70's maybe early 80's. I simply don't remember and the exact date is irrelevant. The end result is that 70% of the documents were lost. You are right Vietnam is not available yet. And I'm not sure what if any records after WWII are going to be released and when. The very nature of our wars changed radically after WWII. This makes some family tree work difficult at best. HTH

Does anyone else find it interesting that Christina still has a pacifier? I mean, my 2 year old still uses one at night, so I'm all good with it, but I'm surprised that she hasn't had it taken off her yet. Surprised and pleased.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Christina still has a pacifier? I mean, my 2 year old still uses one at night, so I'm all good with it, but I'm surprised that she hasn't had it taken off her yet. Surprised and pleased.

I don't see Mel making her give it up - she seems a lot less hard line than Steve and co, and Nathan probably leaves most parenting, especially of babies and toddlers, in her hands as the natural domain of women.

I don't see Mel making her give it up - she seems a lot less hard line than Steve and co, and Nathan probably leaves most parenting, especially of babies and toddlers, in her hands as the natural domain of women.

Good on Mel (and Nathan). I hope they treat their children with a little (a lot) more respect than Steve does.

I must confess I really liked Sarah's idea for using photos for the to/from tags on the Christmas presents :embarrassed: Wasn't so keen on the execution - I think it would have been better to take a photo of her and Joseph together.

I also thought it was a bit odd that she had to be paired up to give presents, but then this is the Maxhells.....

Archived