IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

I have two thoughts here:

#1. Why so many Annas? Pretty soon, every girl in fundieland will be named Anna and nobody will know who is being addressed. I know we've all snarked on Kendalyn and Robert for naming their daughters Sauntina and Marilee, but at least they gave them names that can't be mistaken.

#2. Why does almost every Maxwell have the same creepy stare as Steve? Is it family law that they must stare at everyone as if they're going to eat them?

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the couple that have come and done a bunch of stuff with for the Maxwells? The husband gives them "art" lessons?

Always wondered why they didn't have kids. Who knew birth control?

Is this the couple that have come and done a bunch of stuff with for the Maxwells? The husband gives them "art" lessons?

Always wondered why they didn't have kids. Who knew birth control?

They are in their mid-30s now so they won't be having many more children. I can't imagine being married for 13 before having a baby. Yikes. I would think you'd be so set in your ways, making that shift would be difficult.

New post. Their "friends" people who ship their shit while they travel recently had a baby girl. Her name is Anna Victoria. They were married in 2000 and about given up on having kids (Apparently, Liz though it was her fault for not wanting children). They did have a miscarriage. Cute baby.

Wonder if they are converts to fundie-um?

It surprised me that she only refers to her own thoughts and feelings about having children, nothing about what her husband thought. Did he just go along with whatever she wanted? Just seems unusual for people who are fundie enough to hang with the likes of Steve Maxwell.

:fire-nanner: :fire-nanner:

I have two thoughts here:

#1. Why so many Annas? Pretty soon, every girl in fundieland will be named Anna and nobody will know who is being addressed. I know we've all snarked on Kendalyn and Robert for naming their daughters Sauntina and Marilee, but at least they gave them names that can't be mistaken.

#2. Why does almost every Maxwell have the same creepy stare as Steve? Is it family law that they must stare at everyone as if they're going to eat them?

I know this isn't really related to this comment, but I gotta say that I want to eat John. Somehow I can manage not to notice the creepy Maxwell stare when it comes to him. He's yummy and I'm fairly certain he could turn to the dark side.

It's just always a beige party at the Maxwell house.All I saw in the one post was piles of beige boxes.In the "friends" post it was beige walls. If the male slave..err..friend is teaching them art, FFS please teach them color theory and buy them a color wheel.

Now I'm off to listen to some Donna Summer, in particular Bad Girls. :wink-penguin:

So Liz's mind was changed by meeting the Duggars, not the super perfect Godly Maxwells?? Something to think about, Steve...

I wonder how they became friends with the Maxwells. I doubt they met at Maxwell conference, seeing as Liz and Dave didn't have children until recently and don't seem uber fundie.

I posted a while back about how Steve should be careful about putting pictures of nursing home residents on the blog without first obtaining permission. I left a comment on their blog, and of course it was ignored. I'd love to see them busted...You can't use pictures of residents in healthcare facilities without their consent. I'm willing to bet he didn't get it, the arrogant asshole! :x

Surprised to see how much inventory they have to count. Is it a result of them being overly optimistic re: how much of that crap would sell, or did they print that much knowing they will sell it? I know they sell some at their speaking engagements, but those boxes were piled higher than I thought (hoped) they would be.

So Liz's mind was changed by meeting the Duggars, not the super perfect Godly Maxwells?? Something to think about, Steve...

I wonder how they became friends with the Maxwells. I doubt they met at Maxwell conference, seeing as Liz and Dave didn't have children until recently and don't seem uber fundie.

I always wondered the same thing. Given the age these 2 were when they got married could one of them been friends w/ Nathan or Christopher? Or maybe their parents are/were friends w/ Steve & Teri.

Yeah, I'm really not understanding how they were Maxwell-approved all this time, nor why they enjoy spending time with the Maxwells--unless they didn't become "friends" until after Liz's Duggar-induced "heart change." :roll: Does anyone recall Dave and Liz's first appearance on the blog? I feel like I've been seeing them pop up now and then for a long time, but I've only really been following the Maxwells since 2009 or 2010, so I don't really know.

I know this isn't really related to this comment, but I gotta say that I want to eat John. Somehow I can manage not to notice the creepy Maxwell stare when it comes to him. He's yummy and I'm fairly certain he could turn to the dark side.

It's just always a beige party at the Maxwell house.All I saw in the one post was piles of beige boxes.In the "friends" post it was beige walls. If the male slave..err..friend is teaching them art, FFS please teach them color theory and buy them a color wheel.

Now I'm off to listen to some Donna Summer, in particular Bad Girls. :wink-penguin:

John was the "difficult child" - Teri writes quite a bit about it. He was consistently non compliant with Maxhell expectations when he was young, but they ground that individuality out of him by mid adolescence. I could see him rebelling if given suitable encouragement (especially encouragement by a woman who let him touch her boobs).

Way back in the olden days, I believe Teri's parents did shipping for them when they would travel. And then it was Melanie, but that stopped when she started having babies. So it was probably right around the time she was pregnant with Susannah that the torch was passed to Dave and Liz, which would have been what, 2006-ish? I remember thinking wow, they aren't part of the family, they are married, they have no kids, they don't fit what certainly would be very high credentials for being outsiders invited in. And they would be about Nathan's age, so maybe they were childhood friends before the Maxwells weren't allowed to have friends.

Lilith,

I volunteer to let him touch mine - and I've been told I have nice ones. :D

I' m not surprised that he was the "difficult" child. I always liked the ones who challenge things, it makes for an interesting (and, in this case HOT) man.

Now for some Marvin Gaye..I've really gotta get off this cougar kick!

They are in their mid-30s now so they won't be having many more children. I can't imagine being married for 13 before having a baby. Yikes. I would think you'd be so set in your ways, making that shift would be difficult.

No, not really. It just means like me you are old and tired with little kids running around

I have been suppressing a secret shame the past few weeks because John Maxwell really, really defrauds me. :embarrassed:

It's comforting to know I am not alone. And yes, I have fantasies of turning him to the dark side. He's over 21 right?

I have been suppressing a secret shame the past few weeks because John Maxwell really, really defrauds me. :embarrassed:

It's comforting to know I am not alone. And yes, I have fantasies of turning him to the dark side. He's over 21 right?

Oh, you FJ novices! We've been lusting after John Maxwell for years! He has only become more hot over time. If he ever gets out of the compound, I get him first!

Oh, you FJ novices! We've been lusting after John Maxwell for years! He has only become more hot over time. If he ever gets out of the compound, I get him first!

I can't get past his gums.

I can't get past his gums.

Oh, I don't know. He's pretty low on the Maxwell Gum Scale. Teri, Anna, and Joseph have the worst of it, and Jesse is sort-of mid-range, I think.

I want to say to Liz and Sarah: oh, just, shut, the, f, up.

But I'm heartened that at her age, Liz had a baby. Gives me hope for the Junior JBs who to date have been disappointed with their childless status.

So ... tl,dr, dear Liz, but there you go

The good news is that Liz and Dave can***not*** isolate Anna Whoever, Maxwell-style, because chances are she'll be an only child or one of two.

Oh, I don't know. He's pretty low on the Maxwell Gum Scale. Teri, Anna, and Joseph have the worst of it, and Jesse is sort-of mid-range, I think.

:lol:

And on a somewhat related note, I went back and read through some of the older Maxwell posts, from '06 through '08. And Mary Maxwell...wow. Amazing to see how adolescence can make someone blossom.

And on a somewhat related note, I went back and read through some of the older Maxwell posts, from '06 through '08. And Mary Maxwell...wow. Amazing to see how adolescence can make someone blossom.

I'm doing the same, up to 2010 now. Yes, Mary did indeed blossom. The same thing happened with my daughter. She had a seemingly endless awkward-looking adolescence, to say the least. Then suddenly, and it really did seem like it happened overnight--we can actually point to a specific date--she went from ugly duckling to swan. It really blindsided everyone. Mary got quite a bit of flack for her awkward looks from some people and all I kept thinking was, "just you wait." She really did come into her own. Looks-wise, she reminds me a lot of Chelsea Clinton. Too bad she won't have one tenth of Chelsea's opportunities and experiences.

I'm doing the same, up to 2010 now. Yes, Mary did indeed blossom. The same thing happened with my daughter. She had a seemingly endless awkward-looking adolescence, to say the least. Then suddenly, and it really did seem like it happened overnight--we can actually point to a specific date--she went from ugly duckling to swan. It really blindsided everyone. Mary got quite a bit of flack for her awkward looks from some people and all I kept thinking was, "just you wait." She really did come into her own. Looks-wise, she reminds me a lot of Chelsea Clinton. Too bad she won't have one tenth of Chelsea's opportunities and experiences.

Jinx -- I was just thinking the same thing: Chelsea Clinton. She was 13 when her father hit the White House and the media went to town about her looks, which was absolutely disgraceful. But she showed them! What a beautiful lady she became.

Jinx -- I was just thinking the same thing: Chelsea Clinton. She was 13 when her father hit the White House and the media went to town about her looks, which was absolutely disgraceful. But she showed them! What a beautiful lady she became.

I think the difference is Mary grew up and her looks changed naturally and Chelsea had to put a lot of effort into her transformation. My son has crazy(it adds 5-6 inches to his height) curly hair so I know Chelsea must been spending a TON of time on just maintaining her hair. During break a few years ago my son decided to try straightening his hair and got some meds from the dermatologist for his skin, and got some new clothes. He went from the crazy haired kid that everyone knew, to a very good looking guy that blended in. The straightening took hours and my son did it one more time and then came to me and said even though the straight hair, Hollister clothes, and perfect skin made him blend in and be "normal", it wasn't him. He is back to his crazy curly hair, his I love bacon shirt, and an occasional pimple and feels better about himself then when he had the magazine look.

I was also surprised when I found out the relatively young ages of Dave and Liz. I kept on thinking they must be O L D if the Maxwell kids are allowed to interact with them. I think it's very possible the couples were friends of Nathan or Christopher. I assume the couple is fundie with the typical quiverful/submission//patriarchy outlook so no harm in letting them interact with the Maxwell children. Still, it's nice to see the older Maxwell kids (especially Sarah) interact with someone born in the same decade as them.

I used to feel sorry for Anna Maxwell because she was sandwiched between the boys and since she'd never experienced "normal" life, she never had girlfriends her own age (Mary was besties with Jesse given their close age at that time). Sarah, at least, remembered sleepovers and playing with neighborhood kids. Now, with Mary grown up and closer in age to Anna than Sarah is to Anna, I feel Sarah's the one left out. Plus, we can pretty much discount Sarah ever marrying and having a family. Anna may still get that chance.

Re: Mary's look. I used to think Mary was pretty homily during those awkward teenage years. It's amazing how quickly she's blossomed into the pretty lady she is. I think the comparison to Chelsea is not exactly the same though. Chelsea had to put a lot of hard work into changing her appearance (straightening her hair, heavy makeup etc). While I wouldn't consider her conventionally beautiful, she's decent looking now. Mary doesn't look like she's put in nearly as much effort. She's changed her clothing to be more stylish and she's plucked her eyebrows and gotten her braces off but I think it's mostly that her face matured and settled to a distinct look.

Anyway, none of that matters. Mary is stuck in a weird family cult. If she's lucky, her father will realize he needs to marry at least one of his daughters off to continue to sell the family lifestyle and he will acquiesce to one of Mary's suitors. My hope is that the man Mary chooses will be slightly less restrictive than her family. Maybe someday Mary will live a life where not every minute is scheduled and where she can have fun without feeling guilty about it. Maybe she will even get a chance to meet people her own age! I bet she would love to have girlfriends.

Archived