IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do u know if Teri has any other siblings? I know Steve has a sister & their mother lives by her. Does anyone know if Steve has any other siblings.

He has a brother, but the brother lets his kids dye Easter eggs so the Maxwells don't associate with him.

www.titus2.com/corners/4-09-d.htm

ETA: Crap! It's gone! Well, you can find it on the Wayback, Dad's Corner from April, 2009. This is also the one where he talks about how awesome it would be if everyone had to wear a chore pack around their necks with their death date on it as a countdown. Steve says he never looks at anyone without imagining them being dead, and the world would be a better place if we all did the same.

The parts about his brother:

Your mind drifts to your brother. You both were raised in a "Christian" home where Dad and Mom were token Christians. Sadly, your brother has followed after Dad's example and has little time for the Lord. It's not that he is evil or anything like that. He goes to church and prays before meals, but he feels God put us on this earth to enjoy it, and he is going to have fun with everything that is not bad. His idea is that if God hasn't said "Thou shalt not…" then it is okay, because he is "free in Christ." As such, his life is dominated by play and entertainment, but sadly there is a noticeable absence of spiritual fruit.

Then your thoughts drift to next Sunday—Resurrection Sunday. Though it is a special time of deep meaning for your immediate family, it is a time of folly and nonsense for your extended family. Therefore, you have greatly mixed feelings with the approaching day knowing that conflict will arise. Your brother will insist that you and the children come over to his house for their yearly egg hunt. He always dresses up in a giant bunny costume and encourages you to "lighten up" because it is only "harmless fun." What's worse is that others in the extended family all side with him and think you are a legalistic "Pharisee" when you want to avoid the ungodly fun the world enjoys on Resurrection Sunday and instead focus on Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection from the dead.

Your brother has declared to the family that when he hits the five year mark before he dies, he really wants to live it up. He's saving to that end so that he can stop working and just concentrate on having the best time possible before he is "pushing up daisies."

What a stark contrast to your life, you muse. Since you are bought with the blood of your precious Savior, Jesus Christ, you know your time is not your own. "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:" (1 Peter 1:18-19). You understand that a servant of the Lord Jesus only does what he is commanded or given permission to do and finds great joy in that. The world's fun is just an expensive counterfeit to joy in the Lord. Your heart turns once again to praying for your brother and other extended family members, desiring for them to have a sweetness and fervency in their relationship with Jesus Christ.

Id love to hear from a non crazy Maxwell relative, just to hear about what Steve was like as a child and how he grew up. It would be interesting to find out where he got his craziness from.

Right? It kind of sounds like they all think he's bats. God forbid he have a nice holiday visit with his family without getting his nose out of joint that they're not properly fixated on death, death, death, and resurrection from death.

I wonder if it got awkward when Nathan and Melanie took their girls to an egg hunt with her family.

Right? It kind of sounds like they all think he's bats. God forbid he have a nice holiday visit with his family without getting his nose out of joint that they're not properly fixated on death, death, death, and resurrection from death.

I wonder if it got awkward when Nathan and Melanie took their girls to an egg hunt with her family.

I honestly doubt they tell him about that stuff. And maybe they don't participate in that part, or they spend their time talking about death while the kids look for eggs.

I wish they would come to my house and do the cabinets. Would prob take maybe two hrs at their pace for the entire house and I would happily pay their standard wage x 2. (So would cost me, what? Forty cents and a meal at Cracker Barrel?)

Id love to hear from a non crazy Maxwell relative, just to hear about what Steve was like as a child and how he grew up. It would be interesting to find out where he got his craziness from.

I always wondered the same thing. I wonder if he was a scrony little kid w/ no friends who couldn't do sports. I would love to know more of his background.

I don't know. Steve's talked before about running marathons, flying planes, skiing, and skydiving before he found Jesus and quit fun, plus he was in the army (or was it the Air Force?). It seems like he was really into extreme sports when he was younger. Too bad his kids will never get the same taste of adventure.

I get the impression that Stevehovah's married sons and their families (these sons are referred to as "relatives" now that they're married) are granted some degree of autonomy, now that Nathan and Christopher are mini-patriarchs.

Steve's dad left his mom and they divorced. I believe he was a young teen at the time. Jmho, but I think that is the root of his issues with women. I think he blames his mom for not "doing" or "being" enough.

Steve's dad left his mom and they divorced. I believe he was a young teen at the time. Jmho, but I think that is the root of his issues with women. I think he blames his mom for not "doing" or "being" enough.

I was about to post this too.

To make matters worse, his father ran away with the wife of his best friend.

I don't doubt it was traumatic, but wow, to go to the extremes he's gone to is unbelievable.

I wonder how much impact his service in Vietnam and being married to someone with severe depression had.

He has a brother, but the brother lets his kids dye Easter eggs so the Maxwells don't associate with him.

www.titus2.com/corners/4-09-d.htm

ETA: Crap! It's gone! Well, you can find it on the Wayback, Dad's Corner from April, 2009. This is also the one where he talks about how awesome it would be if everyone had to wear a chore pack around their necks with their death date on it as a countdown. Steve says he never looks at anyone without imagining them being dead, and the world would be a better place if we all did the same.

The parts about his brother:

I think the brother thing may be speculative or partially fictionalized like the rest of the the story - but that in no way makes the point of it less disturbing.

If also wonder how Steve wound react if it were pointed out to him that by writing that Corner, he had written a science fiction story, which I'm sure he would otherwise view as less than godly...

It's possible, but even if the brother in the story were hypothetical, it's still a pretty bald and emotional insight into his thoughts on his family vs. practically every other Christian in the world, who's going to heaven and who's not and why.

Did the family partake in their traditional New Year's Eve fervent praying and wailing on bended knee service? Do hysterics esculate while the clock strikes closer and closer to midnight? I obviously missed that post but was filled in a bit here in years past. :) Thankfully the elderly are medicated and tucked into bed or The Maxwell's would hold their NYE "service" at their "church".

I'd love to hear from the extended family just what they think about the core Maxwell clan NOW, even.

What does his Easter-egg-hunt-indulging brother think of the Maxwell blog family now? That guy had kids, what do they think of their weirdly sheltered cousins? Etc.

You know, we snarked on how 'regulated' their carol singing was (they took notes on how many loaves they gave out, etc.), but I'll bet that's the only way Steve will allow it. They probably have to make a case for anything that could be construed as approaching fun.

I wonder how much impact his service in Vietnam and being married to someone with severe depression had.

That explains something.....

so I went to my friend's new house yesterday to clean bathroom cabinets/ bathrooms/ unpack. As I scrubbed at the nasty stuff left behind from the previous owners, I thought how nice it would be to have the maxwells do it instead. Then I realized that they would have condemned my friend & his husband, and was REALLY glad the maxwells weren't there.

From earlier on the thread, we discussed them taking pictures with the "elderly" & posting them on their site. If they have posted their pix with any family member of mine, I'd be pretty upset.

Steve really does have a brother and the Easter story is true. A long time ago, he posted pictures. (I've been reading their blog since before Nat was married.)

Steve really does have a brother and the Easter story is true. A long time ago, he posted pictures. (I've been reading their blog since before Nat was married.)

Do u know how many kids his brother has. I wonder how his kids feels about their weird relatives.

Yeah, it is true. The funny part? Steve is so far gone that he doesn't realize his brother is providing a more Christ-like example than he. His brother seems to embrace life from what Steve says in that post. And Steve used to embrace life, too. Answering the question What Happened? is really what makes the Maxwells so interesting. Makes you wonder if Steve had an affair or was tempted to leave like his dad and went to the opposite extreme....

Your brother will insist that you and the children come over to his house for their yearly egg hunt. He always dresses up in a giant bunny costume and encourages you to "lighten up" because it is only "harmless fun." What's worse is that others in the extended family all side with him and think you are a legalistic "Pharisee" when you want to avoid the ungodly fun the world enjoys on Resurrection Sunday and instead focus on Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection from the dead.

Seriously?

Steve, if you really think an easter egg hunt and a guy dressed up as a bunny is a one way ticket to the gates of hell, I think you are going to find heaven to be a very lonely place.

I don't care how much smiling they do in pics, that Maxhell probably has a big cloud of doom over it every day. I can't understand living the only life one gets, preparing to die.

Archived