IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

I think they visited John Marie's family back in the summer. The visit involved lots of hard farm work out in the scorching sun (and in starched jeans for John Marie's part), cooking, "art" lessons, and special family Bible times. I think that's the last we have heard of JM.

and ironed jeans! Really, who irons jeans to go and work outside in?

Maybe something happened at the John-Marie house while the Maxwells were visiting to end any possibility of a courtship. Like Mama JM ordering pizza without consulting her husband.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to quote this, not like it. Can't find the unlike button. Anyway, I can't quite blame Steve for not wanting to list that his kid is available. I mean, it's the Internet, there are some strange scary people out there that would love to prey on a sheltered naive girl like Sarah.

Just click on the Unlike button. It will undo the 'Like' status. (I just tried it with your post and it worked for me.)

Which is what I was using at the time.

That's inconvenient.

That's what I figured. I have accidentally liked things a few times I didn't mean to do.

John Marie's family are frumper wearing super fundies. They don't even have a blog. So while he may have been considered, the distance would never work out. You think Steve would let one of them move away and have their own life? Without his control?? No.

I think that's going to be Steve's biggest hurdle in letting any of the girls marry. He can't face giving up control of their lives. Any potential suitor is going to have to agree to live within a mile of Steve's fortress and to follow all of Steve's crazy rules. Since they don't even go to a local church any more the chances of meeting such a guy are close to zero. They'd have to have a case close to Jessa and Ben of the young man encountering the Maxwells and wanting to join them and then convincing Steve it was all about the ministry.

John Marie's family are frumper wearing super fundies. They don't even have a blog. So while he may have been considered, the distance would never work out. You think Steve would let one of them move away and have their own life? Without his control?? No.

Agree! I am sure he is annoyed that his granddaughters associate w/ Melanie's family.

Lauren H. says:

January 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm

How very lovely for them! Congratulations Dave and Liz!

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you all meet?

>>>>>

Through Titus2

Lauren H. says:

January 14, 2014 at 2:37 pm

How did you meet through Titus2? How did they learn about Titus2? Did they attend a conference or did they find about Titus2 through family or friends?

>>>>>

Through Titus2

Good job, Steve. Great conversationalist skills.

Steve is such a horrible conversationalist. Instead of writing a book about developing social skills, maybe he should read one instead.

Steve is such a horrible conversationalist. Instead of writing a book about developing social skills, maybe he should read one instead.

Oh yes. I have zero medical background, but when I read his responses, sometimes I do wonder if he might have Asperger's. Someone mentioned it awhile ago in one of the other Maxwell threads and it really makes me wonder.

Oh yes. I have zero medical background, but when I read his responses, sometimes I do wonder if he might have Asperger's.

I think it's just the general assholeness for Steve's part.

That won't happen. He thinks he is G-d's gift for everything.

think they visited John Marie's family back in the summer. The visit involved lots of hard farm work out in the scorching sun (and in starched jeans for John Marie's part), cooking, "art" lessons, and special family Bible times. I think that's the last we have heard of JM.

Starched, ironed jeans for farm work? How do we know they were starched? Did the mention it (happy smiling photo of Anna ironing, perhaps????) or did we just observe such?

Srsly curious!!!

ETA: Spent 15 seconds trying to get to a summer 2013 blogpost and couldn't waste any more time. BUT I did notice that the blog clearly makes idols of the Maxwells, especially the women. How many photos are really necessary to instruct readers that the ladies went shopping, or cleaned house, or played with the babies?

I think that one photo per post is quite enough, but that's just me. Steve, you are making idols of your womenfolk!

Something to think about, clearly.

Oh yes. I have zero medical background, but when I read his responses, sometimes I do wonder if he might have Asperger's. Someone mentioned it awhile ago in one of the other Maxwell threads and it really makes me wonder.

You might be right!

Starched, ironed jeans for farm work? How do we know they were starched? Did the mention it (happy smiling photo of Anna ironing, perhaps????) or did we just observe such?

Srsly curious!!!

ETA: Spent 15 seconds trying to get to a summer 2013 blogpost and couldn't waste any more time. BUT I did notice that the blog clearly makes idols of the Maxwells, especially the women. How many photos are really necessary to instruct readers that the ladies went shopping, or cleaned house, or played with the babies?

I think that one photo per post is quite enough, but that's just me. Steve, you are making idols of your womenfolk!

Something to think about, clearly.

Here is the post in question: blog.titus2.com/2013/07/21/around-the-farm/

And here's another one that features a John Marie photo: blog.titus2.com/2013/07/19/our-silver-city-adventure/

Personally, I can't tell if the jeans are starched or not. :)

[H]ere's another one that features a John Marie photo: blog.titus2.com/2013/07/19/our-silver-city-adventure/

OMG. My town's nickname is The Silver City. I got all discombobulated, fearing I'd missed another Maxhell sighting!

I finally got something positive and useful from the Maxwells! While reading back through their blog I came upon a picture of Anna baking (while smiling at the camera, of course) and the caption mentioned that she had gotten the extra large pastry mat she was using as a gift. I've actually been looking for a big mat (this one is something like 24x30) so I enlarged the pic, zoomed in on the mat, got the name and TA DA! Amazon blessed me with my new mat today! So thank you Maxwells! Unfortunately, that's the only thing I can thank you for.

P.S. And to think, I didn't even have to pray on it. Life is sweet. Sweet, sweet, sweet. And blessed. My mat and I will spend many hours fellowshipping with each other.

I finally got something positive and useful from the Maxwells! While reading back through their blog I came upon a picture of Anna baking (while smiling at the camera, of course) and the caption mentioned that she had gotten the extra large pastry mat she was using as a gift. I've actually been looking for a big mat (this one is something like 24x30) so I enlarged the pic, zoomed in on the mat, got the name and TA DA! Amazon blessed me with my new mat today! So thank you Maxwells! Unfortunately, that's the only thing I can thank you for.

P.S. And to think, I didn't even have to pray on it. Life is sweet. Sweet, sweet, sweet. And blessed. My mat and I will spend many hours fellowshipping with each other.

And I am coveting their fancy-schmancy Scandinavian-import stand mixer. God forgive me--off to the prayer closet.

And I am coveting their fancy-schmancy Scandinavian-import stand mixer. God forgive me--off to the prayer closet.

Go for it! You'll love it. I puffy heart mine.

You might be right!

I'm with lurkeroverthepond. I think Steve is a horrible conversationalist because he's a horrible person, not because he's on the spectrum.

Archived