IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

Steve would blow a gasket if he knew our church holds an Easter egg hunt on the front lawn every year for the kids and any heathen friends they would like to invite.

We don't pass out tracts but we do pass out chocolate and red eggs....

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve would blow a gasket if he knew our church holds an Easter egg hunt on the front lawn every year for the kids and any heathen friends they would like to invite.

At the church I went to as a kid, the yearly fundraiser of the high school youth group was a haunted house.....

Think I can guess Steve-O's opinion on that...

Ah red eggs! Greek folkore! Sweet memories!

I think the time in Vietnam could be a real factor in this as well.

Quite possibly, yeah.

I think from reading his writing, it seems the fear of death came first, which made him fall really hard for the "where will you go when you die?" thing which is the single unifying factor behind everything they do - it's this paranoia about not getting into heaven, and so doing all you can to maximize your chances, not wasting a single moment that you could be using for worship, all that. He was born again as an adult, where he took on all this "where will you go when you die?" business.

So the question then is where did the fear of death come from, and certainly being in or near a war would provide plenty of opportunities. He was in the air force and liked to fly (that and motorcycles are things he gave up when he went down the rabbit hole of fundiedom, because it was pointless fun and not something easily done with the whole family), there too some close calls or whatever I guess would provide an opportunity to have a panic-inducing moment.

Here's a blog entry Sarah wrote about how awesome her dad is and how the kids are totally not sheltered at all, only protected, which thrills them all to pieces. I'm posting it because there's a pic of young Steve in Thailand with the air force, in case anyone was curious what he looked like before he was a cult leader. Steve has said before that he gave up flying when he found Jesus because planes are too fun, but Sarah says in this entry, " As he says now, one day, he will fly again." Up to heaven, presumably, and it sounds like he's really looking forward to it.

blog.titus2.com/2011/06/23/our-dad/

Total speculation, but I wonder if their is a little Stevie in 'Nam. I have a family member who was in Nam as well. The men often found female "friends". Or, he may have guilt about the possibility and that is why he holds on so tightly to these "kids"

Again, total speculation with no evidence. Don't want to start a rummer....

Total speculation, but I wonder if their is a little Stevie in 'Nam. I have a family member who was in Nam as well. The men often found female "friends". Or, he may have guilt about the possibility and that is why he holds on so tightly to these "kids"

Again, total speculation with no evidence. Don't want to start a rummer....

A little Buddhist running about saying "Do you know where you'll reincarnate when you die?" It's been speculated before.

Something to think about.

Are we just guessing or assuming that Steve was in Vietnam? To my knowledge he's never mentioned that he was, or does somebody here know something different?

Are we just guessing or assuming that Steve was in Vietnam? To my knowledge he's never mentioned that he was, or does somebody here know something different?

He was. He flew planes in the Air Force. He's discussed it.

He was. He flew planes in the Air Force. He's discussed it.

Oh, I know he was in the Air Force and flew planes. I mean do we know he was in Vietnam?

Oh, I know he was in the Air Force and flew planes. I mean do we know he was in Vietnam?

Yes, I just said he discussed it. I don't know how to be more clear.

Yes, I just said he discussed it. I don't know how to be more clear.

It was a question. Geeze

Steve's dad left his mom and they divorced. I believe he was a young teen at the time. Jmho, but I think that is the root of his issues with women. I think he blames his mom for not "doing" or "being" enough.

Also, I've long thought one of Steve's deepest fears is being like his dad - attracted to women other than his wife. From what he's indicated in the past, this was one of the main reasons he left his job. Just imagine the grave sin of talking to women in the work place!! Even worse - feeling any attraction!!

Also, I've long thought one of Steve's deepest fears is being like his dad - attracted to women other than his wife. From what he's indicated in the past, this was one of the main reasons he left his job. Just imagine the grave sin of talking to women in the work place!! Even worse - feeling any attraction!!

Plenty of men are attracted to men other than their wives (and wifes to other men). I wonder if it's better to cheat on your spouse or lock your feelings and your children away for their entire lives so you can say you've never slept with another woman?

ITA, and wondered if his very extreme reaction to inadvertently looking down the blouse of the wife of a friend was the result of this fear.

There was a member of FJ who went to a conference of Steve Maxwll this year (in October, maybe). I was looking for the subject with his testimony but impossible to find, can someone give me the link ?

I was really bored yesterday so I decided to re-read the Maxwell blog from the beginning. (Not that this alleviated my boredom, mind you, but reading about an even MORE boring existence made me feel better about mine, temporary that is was.) Suffice it to say that cabinet polishing is a big fucking deal in the Maxhell Borg Collective. BIG. Teri even wrote a corner about it. The best I can say is that she allowed Jesse to join in, even though cabinet polishing is wimmins' work.

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/benefiting-from-summer-chores.html

I'm only up to 2008 (the current blog--and it seems like the ONLY blog they've had, based on an introductory comment--started in 2006) but a few things struck me.

1. Christopher seems like he came out of the womb as a "get off my lawn" old man. He may be even more of a tight-ass, self-righteous prig than Steve, if that's possible.

2. Uriah has always been falling apart, right from the beginning.

3. Jesus had to tell Steve it might be a good idea to rotate the tires. Yes, Jesus. I doubt Steve could take a dump without having Jesus lay it on his heart.

4. Even after the death of Susannah and while Melanie was confined to hospital bed rest with Abigail, Nathan made special mention of the TV "Beast" that was in Mel's hospital room and couldn't understand why anyone would allow that filth into their lives. Because ridding the world of TV is what's REALLY important (Christopher mentioned it as well, during his wedding death march).

5. ETA: On one of their previous carolling jaunts, they really did use a death quote (wages of sin blah blah blah) on the card that accompanied the home baked treats.

Oy.

I

3. Jesus had to tell Steve it might be a good idea to rotate the tires. Yes, Jesus. I doubt Steve could take a dump without having Jesus lay it on his heart.

You know, between this and that time Jesus reminded Steve to call and order pizza, I'm beginning to think Jesus makes a better personal assistant than Siri.

Tee-hee, I see "Elton" will be sharing the Maxwells' fun cleaning post with his family. :lol:

OMG, I am dying laughing....whomever did that, BRAVO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(still giggling thinking of how many cabinets are probably in Elton and David's assorted houses....)

Let's see how long it stays up....hi Stevie! :D

OMG, I am dying laughing....whomever did that, BRAVO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(still giggling thinking of how many cabinets are probably in Elton and David's assorted houses....)

Let's see how long it stays up....hi Stevie! :D

Steve and Teri would recognize the name Elton, although I doubt they are aware that he now has a husband and two kids.

Archived