IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

Sarah Maxwell have a new post up. They wore the almost the exact same outfits as they did last year at the Walk through Bethlehem event.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to laugh when in her previous post Poor Sarah wrote,

Church of the Open Door does a great job of portraying what Bethlehem might have been like when Jesus was born.

Um, no, I'm pretty sure it was nothing like what they portrayed. For starters, people weren't that clean and nicely dressed. I think CotOD comes in a distant second to Monty Python's Life of Brian, when it comes to portraying what Bethlehem was like 2000 years ago.

It seems like there were a lot fewer people listening to the music this year...

Pretty sparse audience.

But, that's what you get when you take the Christ out of Christmas... it's a sign of the times!

Um, no, I'm pretty sure it was nothing like what they portrayed. For starters, people weren't that clean and nicely dressed. I think CotOD comes in a distant second to Monty Python's Life of Brian, when it comes to portraying what Bethlehem was like 2000 years ago.

Great job except for the whiteness and blue eyes of Jesus... and um... everything else.

I just saw the movie Frozen. when the main characters, Elsa & Anna,are singing songs about being free and getting to experience everyday things for the first time, all I could think of was the Maxwell girls.

Is Sarah still waiting for Prince Charming to sweep her off of her feet? What do the Maxwell's do, besides write kids books? They have no lives.

Yes, green construction plastic and a little black slave with a basket and a wooden stick... that's how I always imagined Bethlehem 2000 years ago.

No John-Marie this year as far as I can see.

He developed a bit of a crush on Davey and has been posting on the Pecan thief's blog instead. :wink-penguin:

I wonder if he suddenly realised how crazy the Maxwells are and has backed off, or after reading here, Stevie decided to keep any John-Marie visits quiet after we made an idol of him.

The hair bow is sooooo ridiculous. Could it be that Sarah is trying to make herself look younger? IMO she looks pretty young for her age even without it, I would never have guessed that she's 10 years older than most of the reversals.

Sarah to me looks both old than her age and younger. I'm not sure how to explain it. She stoops some and her eyes look so old, but there's something about her that comes across as child-like. I think the stress of being controlled for so long has aged her, while making her a perpetual child.

He developed a bit of a crush on Davey and has been posting on the Pecan thief's blog instead. :wink-penguin:

I wonder if he suddenly realised how crazy the Maxwells are and has backed off, or after reading here, Stevie decided to keep any John-Marie visits quiet after we made an idol of him.

My theory is he wanted to court one of the girls (Anna probably) but after waiting for three years for Steve's approval he's given up and found himself a girl with a normal father instead.

It seems like there were a lot fewer people listening to the music this year...

It was bitterly cold in the KC (and thus the Leavenworth) area over the weekend. 10 degrees and lower, so the idea of walking though Bethlehem probably in a negative wind chill probably seemed less attractive than staying home and drinking a warm beverage. And, why go listen to the music if you don't have someone in the family performing, if you aren't willing to the kids to see the animals (guessing here) in the cold.

Life is merrily busy. Hahahaha. Suuuuure it is. You guys have a never ending fun ride of a life. I think the Christmas season might be a blessed relief after the boredom that is the other 11 months and two weeks of the year!

It was bitterly cold in the KC (and thus the Leavenworth) area over the weekend. 10 degrees and lower, so the idea of walking though Bethlehem probably in a negative wind chill probably seemed less attractive than staying home and drinking a warm beverage. And, why go listen to the music if you don't have someone in the family performing, if you aren't willing to the kids to see the animals (guessing here) in the cold.

Good point. It's cold where I am also & they were telling people stay home if don't have go anywhere.

No. My first thought was :wtf:

Unless it is a white-tie formal, then all men look like pimps or mobsters from 1974 in white ties.

Unless it is a white-tie formal, then all men look like pimps or mobsters from 1974 in white ties.

I kept thinking "Mormon missionary" -- I mean really, where do you go to buy a WHITE tie other than the missionary store where they buy their temple clothes?

That's insulting to Brian!!!!! :D

I kept thinking "Mormon missionary" -- I mean really, where do you go to buy a WHITE tie other than the missionary store where they buy their temple clothes?

Bad Old Mafia Movies R Us?

r41YOIE.jpg

Also, this very cute child has a question:

rRZMbJC.jpg

Archived