IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

I was really bored yesterday so I decided to re-read the Maxwell blog from the beginning. (Not that this alleviated my boredom, mind you, but reading about an even MORE boring existence made me feel better about mine, temporary that is was.) Suffice it to say that cabinet polishing is a big fucking deal in the Maxhell Borg Collective. BIG. Teri even wrote a corner about it. The best I can say is that she allowed Jesse to join in, even though cabinet polishing is wimmins' work.

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/benefiting-from-summer-chores.html

I'm only up to 2008 (the current blog--and it seems like the ONLY blog they've had, based on an introductory comment--started in 2006) but a few things struck me.

1. Christopher seems like he came out of the womb as a "get off my lawn" old man. He may be even more of a tight-ass, self-righteous prig than Steve, if that's possible.

2. Uriah has always been falling apart, right from the beginning.

3. Jesus had to tell Steve it might be a good idea to rotate the tires. Yes, Jesus. I doubt Steve could take a dump without having Jesus lay it on his heart.

4. Even after the death of Susannah and while Melanie was confined to hospital bed rest with Abigail, Nathan made special mention of the TV "Beast" that was in Mel's hospital room and couldn't understand why anyone would allow that filth into their lives. Because ridding the world of TV is what's REALLY important (Christopher mentioned it as well, during his wedding death march).

5. ETA: On one of their previous carolling jaunts, they really did use a death quote (wages of sin blah blah blah) on the card that accompanied the home baked treats.

Oy.

Christopher's photography page is a real treat too. It would bring a smile to my face, if he got punked photographing a wedding (and by punked, I mean that he when goes to take the group photo of the wedding party (dressed to his standards :snooty: ), they suddenly pull their clothes off stripper style and he inadvertently takes a photo of a Christian nudist wedding. Hey, I have my dreams too. :cracking-up:

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, between this and that time Jesus reminded Steve to call and order pizza, I'm beginning to think Jesus makes a better personal assistant than Siri.

I keep reading about Steve & the pizza thing. Can someone explain to me the whole story.

In one of Teri's Mom's Corners or blog posts (I forget which) she said that, if Steve is supposed to order pizza, it's sinful to remind him because (a) that's putting herself above a man (...somehow?); and (b) maybe it's God's will that Steve forgets the pizza, so if Teri reminds Steve then she's putting her will above God's. Instead, what Teri is supposed to do is pray to God and ask Him to remind Steve about the pizza, if God chooses not to (i.e. Steve forgets), then that was His will and everyone rejoices in it.

Except the poor Maxwell kids who have to go to bed pizzaless, I guess.

As someone who has tried, take it from me: Jesus is NOT better than Siri. I don't even have Siri on my iPhone, and I can still tell you that she makes a better PA than Jesus. He never reminded me to do ANYTHING, and my memory is like a leaky sieve. I was constantly angry that he made me with such a poor memory and then wouldn't help me compensate for it.

In one of Teri's Mom's Corners or blog posts (I forget which) she said that, if Steve is supposed to order pizza, it's sinful to remind him because (a) that's putting herself above a man (...somehow?); and (b) maybe it's God's will that Steve forgets the pizza, so if Teri reminds Steve then she's putting her will above God's. Instead, what Teri is supposed to do is pray to God and ask Him to remind Steve about the pizza, if God chooses not to (i.e. Steve forgets), then that was His will and everyone rejoices in it.

Thanks for explaining. I don't know about anyone else husband's but my father needs to be reminded a lot & he don't mind when my mother does it.

Thanks for explaining. I don't know about anyone else husband's but my father needs to be reminded a lot & he dosen't mind when my mother does it.

Sorry for my writing mistake. (Damn auto correct)

Steve and Teri would recognize the name Elton, although I doubt they are aware that he now has a husband and two kids.

Possibly. But I know of two unrelated Eltons, one born fundie and one born well before Elton John became famous. Elton is a name in it's own right, albeit an uncommon one.

My problem with the praying for Steve to order the pizza is why can't Terri order the damm pizza. Preparing dinner is women's work so ordering it would be within their world view. Perhaps, Terri isn't allowed to use the phone without permission.

My problem with the praying for Steve to order the pizza is why can' t Terri order the damm pizza. Preparing dinner is women's work so ordering it would be within their world view. Perhaps, Terri isn't allowed to use the phone without permission.

She might talk to a man who isn't her headship, son or father. That's a no-no.

What about the delivery man who brings the pizza in to the Maxwell house, I wonder if they ever have tried to convert him/her into something. Poor guy :)

He'd get an "are you a good person" tract instead of a tip. At least Stevehovah doesn't believe in fake $100 note tracts, I suppose.

He'd get an "are you a good person" tract instead of a tip. At least Stevehovah doesn't believe in fake $100 note tracts, I suppose.

Nope, he uses the million dollar ones, big time. When they handed out "free" drinks at the fair, you got one along with your drink.

Couldn't you get in trouble for using fake money tracts to give tips? Cause its almost like youre paying someone with fake money, which is illegal. Especially in restaurants, where staff aren't paid fairly and rely on tips for their income.

They are completely insane.

Couldn't you get in trouble for using fake money tracts to give tips? Cause its almost like youre paying someone with fake money, which is illegal. Especially in restaurants, where staff aren't paid fairly and rely on tips for their income.

I think it would be more of a problem of they actually looked like real currency close up. The tracts only look like money from a distance or on one side.

Even play money has to have something different on it somewhere. I don't think you run into legal trouble until you start making exact copies.

I'm not a legal worker, but that's my guess.

They are completely insane.

That is completely nuts. I have gone to the corners a couple of times to try to read their stuff but always quit after one or two entries, so I didn't see this one. That's crazy. So your family could potentially go hungry because Steve = God and if he forgets, it's God's will rather than Steve forgetting and Teri cannot remind him because it's putting herself above Steve / God. Good grief. How ever does that woman handle it? This is a woman is known to have depression (post-partum? chronic? can't remember) but really I wonder if the problem is really Steve and his insanity mindf**king her and that entire family. Holy crap.

I still own a couple of their lectures on CD. If you guys want me to do a "I listened so you don't have to" of Teri's "Loving Your Husband" lecture, just say the word.

I still own a couple of their lectures on CD. If you guys want me to do a "I listened so you don't have to" of Teri's "Loving Your Husband" lecture, just say the word.

Oh, yes! Do summarize! Sounds riveting! :popcorn2:

Please!

If you could upload them somewhere off site that would be great too.

Their cabinets are hideous, not worth polishing.

From other pictures their house looks as sterile, empty and cold as it's occupants.

Their cabinets are hideous, not worth polishing.

From other pictures their house looks as sterile, empty and cold as it's occupants.

A sterile house is reversible.

A sterile house is reversible.

Sure is. Mine goes from neat and clean to a dump within two days!

It really isn't necessary to clean as much as they do, but what else are they going to do? None of the ladies has a job, and no one, period, has hobbies or friends. They don't spend time reading, watching TV or movies, trying new recipes or restaurants, or shopping just for f*n. Steve would never allow anyone to sit on the couch and chill for a change, or take a walk alone, or pop over to the fabric store just for kicks. They are the most constrained, repressed, boring people alive... so whyyyyy are they so fascinating?

(And no, Steve, it's not because we secretly envy your family harmony.)

Yes, I just said he discussed it. I don't know how to be more clear.

Let's clarify the question. I am going to politely ask you to be clearer and cite the source for your claim that Steve Maxwell served in Vietnam. I've never seen anywhere where he has talked about it and, while he was certainly in the Airforce, I personally doubt he was in Vietnam. Here is why, before you get all snotty:

1. Given Steve's age, his general canniness, and his degree in electrical engineering my educated guess is that he got college deferment from the draft and then volunteered for the Airforce as a commissioned officer. The people who did this generally got preferential treatment in their postings. US or Germany, perhaps. Vietnam, not very probable at all if he had already graduated. The last troops left in 1973.

2. Also, this is a reference by Steve to "Grandad's" service in Vietnam as a career officer. His father or Teri's father? blog.titus2.com/2011/06/11/what-do-you-think-grandad

"Grandad is a eighty-year-old, decorated, retired Army officer, and he was wounded in Vietnam." Had Stevo served in Vietnam his enormous ego would certainly have made reference to it in this post.

See, I cited my source there.

So, please prove me wrong. Where exactly has Steve talked about serving in Vietnam?

Thanks.

Archived