IGNORED

Williams Abuse Trial - Hana Alemu/Hannah Williams - Merge

wild little fox

I agree the jury got it right. I think what helped Larry was he did make some show of remorse, while Carri was defiant to the end.

I'm someone who doesn't really cry, but my eyes got wet reading the verdict. The prosecutors did a top job showing the world what monsters the Williams parents are.

I hope the children - and especially Immanuel - will have a safe place to heal.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree the jury got it right. I think what helped Larry was he did make some show of remorse, while Carri was defiant to the end.

I'm someone who doesn't really cry, but my eyes got wet reading the verdict. The prosecutors did a top job showing the world what monsters the Williams parents are.

I hope the children - and especially Immanuel - will have a safe place to heal.

Yep, yep, and yep.

I think the best thing (can there be a "best" thing in a case like this?) is that this will set a precedent and serve as a warning to other parents who are treating their children the same way based on the same ideas but just haven't been unfortunate enough to get caught.

I wonder how jail (and I'm guessing prison after that) is going to feel to Carri after living in her gated home taking out her aggressions on small children? Part of me really delights in that. Finally she might find herself a helpless victim of harm.

Prison will not be kind to them, especially Carri. Inmates, especially mothers who have committed crimes not related to their children, will likely hate Carri to their core. So many mothers in prison desperately miss their children and, even though they have been convicted of crimes, would never hurt their child. I cannot imagine Carri being queen bee there. She better pray for solitary confinement.

I didn't dare get my hopes up. I prepared for the worst so this is like an early

super wonderful Christmas present!!!! Justice for Hana! My faith in humanity

has been restored a bit! I am amazed, relieved, and thankful for jurors who

weren't blinded by bullshit.

Prison will not be kind to them, especially Carri. Inmates, especially mothers who have committed crimes not related to their children, will likely hate Carri to their core. So many mothers in prison desperately miss their children and, even though they have been convicted of crimes, would never hurt their child. I cannot imagine Carri being queen bee there. She better pray for solitary confinement.

I wonder if she will be housed in protective custody. Inmates do not like child abusers. Protective custody would be also be another form of punishment because she will not be able to socialize with the other inmates. Locked in a cell by herself most of the day with only her thoughts. This could (and should) end badly for her.

The only thing she's got going for her in prison is that she is very familiar with rules and how to follow them. The rules will be different this time because they will be imposed on HER, but my guess is that will be the easy part for her. Keep her head down and do as she is told.

Don't forget he was accused of sex with a underaged girl. I think it was a relative. But that was not thought to be important to the case.

I had not heard this bit! So he strayed from their marriage?

Honestly, I cried like a baby at the verdict. I was so braced for the jury to come in with the lesser charges. I'm still weeping tears of relief that the jury decided as they did.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here at FJ. But still . . . I have to say it.

If Hana's life and tragic death touched anyone's hearts, here at FJ or in the bigger world, I hope they go on and research further. Hana's death was not an isolated case. There are so many others, like Hana and Immanuel, out there.

Look at the "Adopted Child Not Working Out" thread. I have not even posted there yet nor read the whole thing because I needed to think more about Hana tonight.

There are good things about adoption. There are also so many abuses. Wanting to improve adoption practice is not a bad thing. I'm sure no-one else wants children to suffer as Hana did.

Or Immanuel. That little boy had such courage and determination. He stood up to the defense so well and must have had a huge impact on the jury. He helped to bring justice for Hana. I hope he goes from strength to strength in the future.

Just saw this thread. Moving my reply over here.

I didn't dare get my hopes up. I prepared for the worst so this is like an early

I hope Carri's first meal in jail (tonight's dinner) is a wet sandwich and some frozen vegetables on the size. Yum, yum, Carri! Eat up or be punished!

I honestly hope they've got her on suicide watch.

Sincere thanks to everyone on the jury for a job well done. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to sit through that trial.

I read that the bio children have been placed with relatives. I worry about them. I hope that none are placed with the grand dad who gave Carrie the bigger spanking tool.

I hope Carri's first meal in jail (tonight's dinner) is a wet sandwich and some frozen vegetables on the size. Yum, yum, Carri! Eat up or be punished!

I honestly hope they've got her on suicide watch.

Fundies can't commit suicide. They go straight to hell if they do. Odd, isn't it, that what Carri did to Hana and Immanuel would be considered cruel and unusual punishment for a murderer.

Just saw this thread. Moving my reply over here.

I think all of us have been preparing for the worst. We have seen what happened with the Casey Anthony case, etc, where the jury comes up with a non-guilty verdict. The fact that this didn't happen in the Hana Williams made things much happier.

I should have put "guilty" in the thread title and when I went back later to change it, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry! I'm sure a lot of people didn't want to check this thread for fear of the worst. Lesson learned.

I should have put "guilty" in the thread title and when I went back later to change it, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry! I'm sure a lot of people didn't want to check this thread for fear of the worst. Lesson learned.

I, like Sparkles, have been following the previous thread, but not adding anything, as I only had incoherent outrage. But having checked this thread with some trepidation, I am so immensely relieved to find that they have both been found guilty... all I can add is that I flagged your post about changing the thread title, so when a mod sees, hopefully they will change it.

I, like Sparkles, have been following the previous thread, but not adding anything, as I only had incoherent outrage. But having checked this thread with some trepidation, I am so immensely relieved to find that they have both been found guilty... all I can add is that I flagged your post about changing the thread title, so when a mod sees, hopefully they will change it.

Oh, good, thank you! I guess I should have flagged it myself, but didn't think that far.

One of the local TV stations here reported that Carri will spend "up to 37 years in prison". I don't know where they get that number. The sentencing phase ought to be interesting -- I have heard it will be mid-October.

Here is a link to the KING5 broadcast, which includes video of Carri hearing the verdict. There is an obnoxious video ad that plays before it, so beware.

http://www.king5.com/video?id=222991771&sec=548932

I was afraid to click on this because I was worried that somehow they would get off free and clear. Like Sparkles said, there is no real justice that could be done for that poor child, but at least these horrible people will suffer some punishment for their actions.

Me, too. I didn't want to visit FJ tonight. I'm relieved but oh so sad that Hanna and so many others go through this.

I feel bad for the jurors. It was an awful thing to sit and listen to everyday. I'm glad they took their job seriously.

Hoipolloi here - just edited topic title to let newcomers know what's happened.

I might be the only mod around right now so bear with me if I didn't get this right... :embarrassed:

Hoipolloi here - just edited topic title to let newcomers know what's happened.

I might be the only mod around right now so bear with me if I didn't get this right... :embarrassed:

You did -- thanks for your help!

Archived