IGNORED

Williams Abuse Trial - Hana Alemu/Hannah Williams - Merge

wild little fox

I spoke with my psychiatrist about this book. First, It is a great person, who has studied a lot the parent / child relationships and sexual abuse. I explainto him the principle of the book, and send him the link to read it in English. He was horrified, and he said he had heard similar things from "monsters", when he was studying sexual abus. He says it is pedophilia, some pedophiles have fantasies (i don't know if it's the good word... "fantasme" --> Sexual dream) of child abuse, with some scenario detailed like this. I do not know what to think of his theory (we don't spoke a lot about this). He says he has already read things like that in erotic literature...

... Cooking for Company - Jeffrey Dahmer

Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson

Dog Bathing Made Easy - Michael Vick

And last but not least,

All Aboard: A Final Solution for Train Enthusiasts - Adolph Hitler

It actually took the last entry in the list to tip me off (yeah different regional background) - but after a quick wiki-research I agree: hilarious, albeit the super grim version of it. Well done, unkown reviewer.

I spoke with my psychiatrist about this book. First, It is a great person, who has studied a lot the parent / child relationships and sexual abuse. I explainto him the principle of the book, and send him the link to read it in English. He was horrified, and he said he had heard similar things from "monsters", when he was studying sexual abus. He says it is pedophilia, some pedophiles have fantasies (i don't know if it's the good word... "fantasme" --> Sexual dream) of child abuse, with some scenario detailed like this. I do not know what to think of his theory (we don't spoke a lot about this). He says he has already read things like that in erotic literature...

Other people have said things like that here and I agree with them and your psychiatrist. Some of the passages are like sexual fantasies Pearl has been savouring and running and re-running through his head for years. There is a passage about sitting on a child and thrashing him until he submits that reads like a rape scene. I have always been more disturbed by the psychological distress and helplessness they inflict and the contempt for children's personhood they show than by the physical injuries and physical pain that are caused.

My favorite Amazon review:

"Wonderful book. So glad somebody is finally brave enough to stand up for the pro-beating-up-babies movement. For too long, those little bald bastards have been walking (or crawling) all over us decent grown folk, and I for one am sick of it. These authors give such good advice it's insane! I could sing the praises of these amazing, God-fearing baby-beaters all day, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to recommend a few other titles sure to be right up the alley of anyone who enjoys this book.

Cooking for Company - Jeffrey Dahmer

Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson

Dog Bathing Made Easy - Michael Vick

And last but not least,

All Aboard: A Final Solution for Train Enthusiasts - Adolph Hitler

Happy reading, everybody!"

There are quite a few 5-star reviews that are sarcastic.

Besides wanting to handle the whole thing with some dark humor, some of the people who wrote them defended the idea in the comments, by saying that, if people vote up the sarcastic 5-star reviews, they will appear first when comments are stacked by "most useful," that it's a way to better drown out the supporters, and have people who wouldn't read a 1-star review see an anti-Pearl reviewl

Personally, I neither vote them up or down -- I get it, and I love some of the sarcasm, but I'd just as soon that there were fewer 5-star votes altogether.

• 5 months later...

"During a homeschool lesson, 7-year old Lydia allegedly mispronounced the word “pulled†from a children’s book as “pull-ed.†The couple claimed the mispronunciation was a “willful act of defiance†indicative of attachment disorder and commenced their “Biblical†discipline.

Lydia’s adoptive mother held her down on the floor while her adoptive father whipped the back of her body with PVC plumbing supply tube, causing massive tissue damage. The beating lasted for nine hours.

Kevin Sears, Elizabeth Schatz’s attorney, said the case was a tragedy, but emphasized that the nine hour whipping had intervals of prayer and reflection."

god-awful-mormon.tumblr.com/post/84285804877/tallskinnyathlete-geekbap-brandx-7-year (At the bottom there are links to several articles about it, including one from CNN)

A response to this was something I sadly am starting to think is true... "I’m convinced these “evangelicals†adopt African children just so they can live out some sick slave-owner colonialist fantasies."

Wow, such a little tiny thing to take the life of a child for. Its so sad, she was only 7, seven year olds aren't perfect at reading and pronouncing words yet. Not even a reason to punish her, it is just a mistake.

I bet these people are pro life as well, and would say that bigger things (such as rape) are no excuse to take the life of a child...yet they killed theirs over her mispronouncing a word.

I'm just appalled at the fact she was whipped for 9 hours, but it's okay because there was "Prayer and reflection" in between. SERIOUSLY?

And I understand that even the worst of the worst need attorneys, but there is no excuse for what the Schatz's attorney said, which was not even horrible, but just plain evil.

These evil types get pleasure out of beating their children. Such angry, hate-filled religious people.

These evil types get pleasure out of beating their children. Such angry, hate-filled religious people.

What is more sweet and amusing than children mispronouncing words?

How can anyone justify hitting a child for 9 hours but with "breaks" wtf. Makes me sick that people like this can adopt but the likelihood of my husband and I is slim because I have chronic illnesses.

What is more sweet and amusing than children mispronouncing words?

Personally, I go a little spastic whenever I hear a kid substitute w's for r's. I don't think I would ever be able to make it through a Moody book without jamming a hot poker through my eyeball. However, I would not dream of punishing a kid just because I can't stand their language patterns.

Personally, I go a little spastic whenever I hear a kid substitute w's for r's. I don't think I would ever be able to make it through a Moody book without jamming a hot poker through my eyeball. However, I would not dream of punishing a kid just because I can't stand their language patterns.

I mean mispronounciations. I don't know about the w's for r's I am not a native English speaker but it sounds like a speech impediment.

My late younger son aka Rigolo, said instead of cassette, corset, when he was very young that is.

What happened to the fundie blogger who let her husband "discipline" (= pray with and spank) her disobediant six year old daughter for a full day? I can't remember her name. Is she still blogging?

What happened to the fundie blogger who let her husband "discipline" (= pray with and spank) her disobediant six year old daughter for a full day? I can't remember her name. Is she still blogging?

Kendall, no she doesn't blog anymore.

I mean mispronounciations. I don't know about the w's for r's I am not a native English speaker but it sounds like a speech impediment.

My late younger son aka Rigolo, said instead of cassette, corset, when he was very young that is.

My condolences regarding your son. :cry:

And the above described is usually not a speech impediment (that I've observed). Just a common way lots of young kids mispronounce words. Still like nails on a chalkboard to me, though.

And the above described is usually not a speech impediment (that I've observed). Just a common way lots of young kids mispronounce words. Still like nails on a chalkboard to me, though.

Thank you.

They would have hated my daughter!! She said cock for talk for the longest time, we thought it was hilarious!!! (she was 2-3.5 during that time period)

Glad this isn't a new case... there seems to be way too many (though one is one too many) of these incidents.

Does Kendall still have a blog up which they just don't update? If so, could someone link? Thanks.

And Latraviata, hoping those memories can be a good thing. Sorry if it brought up not so good stuff.

Glad this isn't a new case... there seems to be way too many (though one is one too many) of these incidents.

Does Kendall still have a blog up which they just don't update? If so, could someone link? Thanks.

And Latraviata, hoping those memories can be a good thing. Sorry if it brought up not so good stuff.

Thank you, yes lots of good memories. Don't be sorry! I love to write about him, especially the cassette/corset thing, these are the good memories!

For me it was. I didn't figure out you had to bring your tongue to the back of your mouth to say R until I was in Elementary school and was finally sent to speech therapy. Because I was teased so much about it as a kid, as an adult I'm still very conscious of when I spell out words and say the letter R.

Ken and Lori also described a marathon spanking session which Ken justified on here because there were breaks for prayer and time outs and other stuff.

Do.not.like.religion.at.all