IGNORED

Williams Abuse Trial - Hana Alemu/Hannah Williams - Merge

wild little fox

Glad this isn't a new case... there seems to be way too many (though one is one too many) of these incidents.

Does Kendall still have a blog up which they just don't update? If so, could someone link? Thanks.

And Latraviata, hoping those memories can be a good thing. Sorry if it brought up not so good stuff.

It was thefatherknowsbest.com, but she deleted the entire thing during her "adoption journey". She has a twitter and facebook, but both are locked down to invite-only.

Personally, I go a little spastic whenever I hear a kid substitute w's for r's. I don't think I would ever be able to make it through a Moody book without jamming a hot poker through my eyeball. However, I would not dream of punishing a kid just because I can't stand their language patterns.

Well, I should hope not! :)

The "r" sound is one of the last that children learn. Some people cannot ever learn to pronounce it -- it is a speech impediment called rhotacism. I have it -- and a slightly malformed palate. I'd drive you up the wall.

After years of speech therapy, I still haven't completely mastered "r"s at the beginning of words. I fake them mostly and tend to drop them in the middle of words. I can substitute an uvular trill (sounds like a French "r") when I'm concentrating really hard on being understood. It's a bugger.

Personally, I go a little spastic whenever I hear a kid substitute w's for r's. I don't think I would ever be able to make it through a Moody book without jamming a hot poker through my eyeball. However, I would not dream of punishing a kid just because I can't stand their language patterns.

Hmmmmm

I think I'm intolerant of your particular intolerance.

What is more sweet and amusing than children mispronouncing words?

I melt.

They're kids, for gods sake.

What is more sweet and amusing than children mispronouncing words?

My daughter is two and I love her mispronouncing of words. When she stopped saying 'Es!' for yes and stopped saying 'Arnunge' for orange were both sweetly sad for me. At least I got them recorded.

My daughter is two and I love her mispronouncing of words. When she stopped saying 'Es!' for yes and stopped saying 'Arnunge' for orange were both sweetly sad for me. At least I got them recorded.

And you didn't beat the living daylight out of her for 9 hours?

Bad parenting!!

My youngest said strawbabies for strawberries and lemelade for lemonade when she was young. I was very sad when she learned to say them correctly. (Actually, we still call them strawbabies around here sometimes. :romance-heartstiny: )

My niece was adorable with "nackmins" for "napkins" and "surpresents" -- surprise presents. That was back when she was 3ish, she's almost 11 now (omg where did the time go?!?!?!?)

Hell, I still use "surpresents" and I'm 37.

I work in a preschool. One of my kids (extremely high pitched voice) counts like this:

Bwun, boo, bee, bour, bithe, biscuit, beven, eight, nine, Ben

Bless his beautiful heart, he is having speech therapy

http://hsinvisiblechildren.org/2013/06/ ... #more-1063

An old case of adopted children beat to death by religious parents :( We can also remember him as we think about Hana Alemu.

http://hsinvisiblechildren.org/2013/06/05/joseph-beebe/

This case (adopted children beat to death with "Holy Rod" seems also come from religious parents.

My youngest said strawbabies for strawberries and lemelade for lemonade when she was young. I was very sad when she learned to say them correctly. (Actually, we still call them strawbabies around here sometimes. :romance-heartstiny: )

I hate fake baby-talk, but the real thing is adorable. We have a great video clip of my son when he was turning 2, saying "boo beh-wy" (blueberries) a bunch of times.

I hate fake baby-talk, but the real thing is adorable. We have a great video clip of my son when he was turning 2, saying "boo beh-wy" (blueberries) a bunch of times.

The two year old calls blueberries "boobies". Its so funny.

Some kids in my family used to pronounce certain words in ways I'd swear were more difficult than the originals: "frowitz" for flowers, and "breffixt" for breakfast.

Some kids in my family used to pronounce certain words in ways I'd swear were more difficult than the originals: "frowitz" for flowers, and "breffixt" for breakfast.

Yes! A 5-year-old I know used to say "weg-lee-ooah" instead of "regular" and I was like, kid, you're making this harder than it needs to be. To my unending dismay (but probably appropriately developmentally), he recently stopped that. It was so stinking cute though!

Oh, and I had a neighbor as a child who used to call chocolate milk "nockle milk" and yogurt, "yogrit." I love this stuff.

Yes! A 5-year-old I know used to say "weg-lee-ooah" instead of "regular" and I was like, kid, you're making this harder than it needs to be. To my unending dismay (but probably appropriately developmentally), he recently stopped that. It was so stinking cute though!

Oh, and I had a neighbor as a child who used to call chocolate milk "nockle milk" and yogurt, "yogrit." I love this stuff.

"Yogrit" was one of my daughter's. "Gingeraffe" was one of mine.

My 4 yo cousin asked to roast "smushmallows" at my house last weekend and I was downright giddy that she hadn't learned the correct way to say marshmallow over the winter. :D

For me it was. I didn't figure out you had to bring your tongue to the back of your mouth to say R until I was in Elementary school and was finally sent to speech therapy. Because I was teased so much about it as a kid, as an adult I'm still very conscious of when I spell out words and say the letter R.

Same here. I'm forever grateful to the speech therapist and her tongue depressor! It was tough for me to learn. I still have to concentrate to say words like rural correctly.

It was thefatherknowsbest.com, but she deleted the entire thing during her "adoption journey". She has a twitter and facebook, but both are locked down to invite-only.

There are a lot of threads on her here and on yuku (I think she actually came to yuku once?). Some of her other greatest hits were her alternative Christmas, telling us all why bike helmets are unnecessary and useless, having zero empathy for the Newtown families (cos God was in control), and how hearing her young daughters saying "butt" sends shivers down her spine. Also a lot of begging for money so she could adopt a perfect white newborn MALE infant. Search for Kendal Rich or her blog name.

My kids have had some good ones. My oldest used to say "mugger" instead of grandma. That made for some interesting shopping trips. lol My 2nd did (and sometimes still does) the ever popular "pasghetti" instead of spaghetti. My youngest goes to speech. He has trouble with r/w and ch/sh, which is unfortunate because his name starts with ch. He's making progress, though.

My all time favorite, however, is that of Thing 3. When he was little and obsessed with Thomas the Train, we had a crapton of DVDs. His favorite one was Percy's Chocolate Crunch, in which all of the other trains make fun of Percy for being messy from his work that day. They would chant Dirty Percy, Dirty Percy at him. So, being all of 2, my son thought that was his name. We'd be in the store, and he'd see a Percy train and start yelling "Dirty Pussy! Dirty Pussy!" I would be in tears laughing so hard, and old people would give us nasty looks. For a couple years whenever we needed a laugh, we'd ask him "What train is this?" lol

When in was a kid, I shortened the word "condominium" to "condom."

I was a teenager before someone corrected me.

It seems that many of these Christian adopting families forget that English is not the child's first language.

My mom knew a woman who did that and this gal was not only an adult but also a real estate agent.

I went to Grammarschool and had to study ancient Greek mind you. Until I was about twenty I thought 'Eureka"was the name of Archimedes' wife......

My mom knew a woman who did that and this gal was not only an adult but also a real estate agent.

She must have had some very confused clients! :D