IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Just think of all the fundies who now have to buy regular insurance. the evil Satan has wrought.

Is Scamaritan under the Vision Forum ministries "umbrella of protection" and will be shut down, or is it its own separate, ridiculous thing?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Douglas Wilson has cleared everything up for us. Gag me.

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/patriarchy-vision-forum-and-all-the-rest-of-it.html

[Edited by hoipolloi to remove direct link]

dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/patriarchy-vision-forum-and-all-the-rest-of-it.html

What a tool. That whole Samson and Delilah thing? Really? So this yet to be named consort is Delilah in this mess? Please tell me I'm missing something here. :wtf:

Doug Wilson is a Tool.

Doug Wilson, eh?

Homeboy aided & abetted a pedophile in his congregation and then married the guy off to a SAHD in the congregation: thewartburgwatch.com/2012/07/18/the-real-doug-wilson-encouraged-presided-over-the-marriage-of-serial-pedophile/

:disgust:

I would pay cash money to see Joshua in the army. What a rude awakening that would be. :D

You mean it's not all about the fancy costumes and swords???

Didn't Doug Phillips is a tool make J Teef Phillips "president" of some VF offshoot company? I guess it was so he'd have something to put on a resume besides "Dressing up and taking vacations with mom and dad".

Young JT was anointed President of the Titanic Society.

Young JT was anointed President of the Titanic Society.

I could make some Titanic-&-Vision-Forum jokes, but they would be too obvious.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty sure Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is making an exception to his cherished "women and children first" credo.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty sure Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is making an exception to his cherished "women and children first" credo.

I wouldn't put it past him to don a dress in order to board one of the lifeboats first. Hint to Dougie: shave the beard.

I'd like to strap Joshua and Justice (and Doug for that matter) into a couple of theater chairs and make them watch Saving Private Ryan and The Hurt Locker. In blaring surround sound.

Buzz off that pretty hair and send him through a few obstacle courses, and see how long it takes him to break. :lol:

Doug's argument is maddeningly tautological. So the Bible is trotted out to support claims for patriarchy based on specific verses. Doug then goes on to claim that all men are inherently patriarchal and that their domineering force can be used for good or bad in a marriage, but it's not patriarchy's fault that some men abuse their power. It is still the ideal God-ordained system and it's the victim's fault for picking the wrong guy if he turns out to be abusive. Of course, religious ideology has never been swayed by issues of practicality or common sense, but his utter smugness and unwillingness to reason outside the confines of his neat little system grates on the reader. Believe in the Bible; it's your fault if you don't do the system right if you're a woman; it's the fault of the higher-ups if you don't do the system right if you're a man; if you don't believe in the Bible your man will turn into a destructive hell-beast because of his patriachial nature; the evidence for this is the Bible, and the argumentative circle is completed.

Most people outside religious patriarchy would readily attest that their male significant others are not, in fact, destructive patriarchal hell-beasts, but of course Doug W would never admit the evidence as it's from outside the neat confines of his argumentative structure.

He is right, though, that the people viewing Doug's downfall with great schadenfreude are the ones who were never invested in so-called "Biblical" gender roles in the first place. Myself included.

Speaking of airheads to the throne, might Justin Turley step into the gap? His "grooming" of little Calvin so reminds me of Doug:

justinturley.com/archives/956

So this is his opening salvo: "Patriarchy simply means “father rule,†and so it follows that every biblical Christian holds to patriarchy."

The cavalier arrogance here is astonishing. According to this Doug, if you do not hold to patriarchy, you are not a biblical Christian.

Now, I am proud to declare that I am (no longer) a biblical Christian. In fact, I'm no longer any kind of Christian at all. And people like the Dougie Buddies are one reason for that. If he does end up answering to his god in the after life, I wonder how he will explain that away.

But if Doug went down with the ship, who would be around to teach everyone about the "Christian Doctrine of Women and Children First'?

Someone who is close but not physically close to the situation told me that perhaps now the children will see that their dad is a human and not perfect. It will be a shock to their system when these paid vacations stop going on. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Doug (Phillips is a Tool) sat his boys down and told them he cheated on their mother. And who told the girls? Doug or Beall? :liar:

...unless of course he means "women and children first... UNDER THE BUS."

Someone who is close but not physically close to the situation told me that perhaps now the children will see that their dad is a human and not perfect. It will be a shock to their system when these paid vacations stop going on. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Doug (Phillips is a Tool) sat his boys down and told them he cheated on their mother. And who told the girls? Doug or Beall? :liar:

Oh yeah, I think the young Phillipses are in for quite a rude awakening. In the past few years they have got to go, on other peoples dime, to England, Italy, Iceland and Greece. Plus many trips in the US for the Titanic celebration, History of America Conference and get fancy costumes. That is all gone now. We will see how they handle that.

Oh yeah, I think the young Phillipses are in for quite a rude awakening. In the past few years they have got to go, on other peoples dime, to England, Italy, Iceland and Greece. Plus many trips in the US for the Titanic celebration, History of America Conference and get fancy costumes. That is all gone now. We will see how they handle that.

I have no doubt that he's socked a nice fortune away for a rainy day.

I have no doubt that he's socked a nice fortune away for a rainy day.

Even if the tool has money stashed away, he probably won't be using it for travel, whether domestic or foreign, for such a large family. And the money has to be last for awhile and be spread around to some extent. After all, the Duggars make quite a bit of money, but it doesn't trickle down to the kids themselves.

No doubt, probably one of his "sins".....

One wonders what kind of inheritance he got from his father, Howard, who died earlier this year.

Didn't Doug and his wife cut ties with his sister, or at least make it known they think she's not good enough for them? Has she said anything about this that you know of?

One wonders what kind of inheritance he got from his father, Howard, who died earlier this year.

If it turns out there's more to this scandal, Doug Phillips is a tool might need that $$$ for legal fees.

Archived