IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Yes, the "V Word" was uttered over and over. A vague accusation of effeminacy?

Haha, I just caught "V word" and "effeminancy" and wondered how on earth I missed Scott uttering about vaginas.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started at the 36 minute mark. Doug Philips is a Tool has been flattened by the Scott Brown bus....

ETA: After listening to more of this "sermon" I think the whole thing was aimed at Doug Phillips is a Tool. This wasn't just a regular bus. It was a MONSTER BUS!

And on another note: I can't imagine sitting through that dull bloviating with my umpteen blessings week, after week, after week.....

Zandria,

Exactly. Your statement that "someone else is defining this situation" is spot on. Leininger could very well be the one behind all of this. I believe I read somewhere (a JensGems commenter?) that Leininger is the actual owner and puppetmaster of this whole thing. Doug is(was) really nothing more than a charismatic figurehead.

On a whim, I went to sermonaudio.com and listened to the sermon Scott Brown gave this past Sunday. He threw Phillips under the bus. I'm paraphrasing because the track is too long for me to find the exact quotes again, but he mentions "A dear friend who fell into grave sin", and repeats over and over again that anyone who falls into major sin has lived a life full of compromises up to that sin. The message is called "The Smell of Apostasy", so I think we're starting to see Scott play his hand.

Edited to say: Found it, he starts talking about Doug around the 39 minute mark.

Oooh, Scott Brown smack down! That was pretty epic--thanks for the heads-up.

"Arrogant bravado"--perfect description of Doug Phillips (who is a tool).

I would guess Scott struggled a lot with how to handle this. He knew the fundie world was looking at him to make a statement after all his interweavings with Dougie. As much as I can't stand Scottie (and honestly, that guy is gay and not willing to admit it, but that's for another thread another time), he's got to be embarrassed that he drank Doug's koolaid for so long. I am pretty sure Petey Bradrick marrying his daughter (and the award-winning Broadway production of that royal wedding) was something the two of them cooked up behind closed doors and that his daughter had no voice about. Petey, in all his arrogant bravado, couldn't wait to finally just get laid, so of course he was going to go along with the plan. And now Scott is left with all that shameless promotion of Doug and trying to justify the brainwashing and also why his daughter is married to Dougie's golden child intern (and she's risked her life more than once to provide him with children).

Such an interesting family.

Thanks for finding Scott's sermon. People willingly listen to 70 minute bloviating sermons week after week? They deserve what they're getting. I'm used to 5 to 10 minute homilies. Say what you have to say and sit down. People might retain your point that way. There is something behind all of this and I hope we get to find out what it is.

Sermon Audio is a (recently discovered, for me) gold mine of clues into this crazy world - for those who can stand the bloviating. I listened to a couple of archived sermons by Geoff Botkin a week or two ago; he's done a series of four called "How Bad Company Corrupts Good Morals," all about protecting his "children" from evil influences in the outside world. (Hint: you will see terrible things at Wal-Mart!). I've been wanting to slog through them all and write up a little report for FJ, but have just been too busy with work and life recently.

That series was done late Sept/early Oct, so I don't think it's connected to Dougie's latest drama, but who knows. All I can say is, ol' Geoff takes a very long time to say very little, and repeats it over and over again. It would be excruciating to have to sit through that, week after week...

ETA: I meant to add my thanks to mnwnwmwmn for the great analysis. I appreciate info from anyone with an inside history/connection with the crazy that is VF!

Wow I just listened to a short part of the sermon, referenced above. Any chance Mr. Brown knew about Doug's sin before his public resignation?

I am sure wondering about the "life full of compromises" truly entails here.

Watching this whole scandal sure is giving us a good view of really goes on within VF. More to come, no doubt.

BTW, excellent analysis, mnwnwmwmn!

Sermon Audio is a (recently discovered, for me) gold mine of clues into this crazy world - for those who can stand the bloviating. I listened to a couple of archived sermons by Geoff Botkin a week or two ago; he's done a series of four called "How Bad Company Corrupts Good Morals," all about protecting his "children" from evil influences in the outside world. (Hint: you will see terrible things at Wal-Mart!). I've been wanting to slog through them all and write up a little report for FJ, but have just been too busy with work and life recently.

That series was done late Sept/early Oct, so I don't think it's connected to Dougie's latest drama, but who knows. All I can say is, ol' Geoff takes a very long time to say very little, and repeats it over and over again. It would be excruciating to have to sit through that, week after week...

ETA: I meant to add my thanks to mnwnwmwmn for the great analysis. I appreciate info from anyone with an inside history/connection with the crazy that is VF!

This is the guy who spent TWO HOURS "teaching" at his son's wedding, before the ceremony even began!

ourfullhouse.com/home/40-trips/266-more-about-our-weekend-in-tennessee.html

This is the guy who spent TWO HOURS "teaching" at his son's wedding, before the ceremony even began!

ourfullhouse.com/home/40-trips/266-more-about-our-weekend-in-tennessee.html

Yep - while the wedding guests froze their asses off in an open horse barn during a surprise cold snap. Because, y'know, why should Clan Botkin concern themselves with anyone else's comfort? They sure know how to show their company a good time...

One more online news article to throw into the mix. Worth it if only for the "Biblical Proportions" YouTube clip.

patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013/11/doug-phillips-resigns-from-vision-forum-ministries-over-extra-marital-affair-but-his-marriage-is-still-sacred/

Can someone give me a summary of Bradrick, or is it BRADRICK!, and the whole crisis network thing? Thanks!

Can someone give me a summary of Bradrick, or is it BRADRICK!, and the whole crisis network thing? Thanks!

We'd be happy to, if we knew what the hell it was! :lol:

Just search "Bradrick" via Google - there's a wealth of snark material to be had.

From bradrick.org:

We are Christian men rallying together to help each other be better protectors of our loved ones, better neighbors, and better gospel witnesses in our communities. It is our responsibility to be prepared. And when crisis strikes we’ll be as ready as men can be. When the storm blows over we rise to the call of leadership and help each other and our neighbors with what we each have to offer.

When you join BRADRICK, you unlock the potential of organic grassroots Christian teamwork in your local community. Membership Includes:

A cross platform network communication system. With one text message you can engage your local network to respond to a crisis in a moment’s notice.

Real time relevant alerting straight to your phone including NOAA weather, Amber alerts, etc.

Photo ID Credentials for access and trusted response.

Local Chapter Participation: build your own local response team and also stay connected with your entire community chapter.

We are building a trusted network of responsible Christian men standing at the ready to lead in crisis and we invite you to join the team.

Because, you know, established systems like 911, trained EMTs, the nationwide Amber Alert system - they're ebil secular gummint, and just not good enough.

"A cross platform network communication system."

For someone who believes in small business and "Christian entrepreneurship," he sure is comfortable with corporate douchespeak.

Because, you know, established systems like 911, trained EMTs, the nationwide Amber Alert system - they're ebil secular gummint, and just not good enough.

And the funny thing is through things like Hurricane Sandy, wildfires, a couple of major tornadoes we've had this year and BRADRICK! is nowhere to be seen.

Come on, guys, get real.

The problem with established systems is that they might help the WRONG people to stay alive. As in, people who are not Christians. There's no point to a disaster if the evil don't get theirs . . . BRADRICK! is only there for members of his Christian networks, not for the unregenerate masses.

[

This raises so many questions.

1) who authorizes the emergency notifications? Are they just passing on NOAA and Amber alerts? Most of us can get those free, now, from real local agencies. What other messages are they sending. What do they do with the registration information you have to give to get the information. What 3rd party system, if any, are they using.

2) Who issues the photo ID credentials--ie, what are your credentials worth? Who verifies you have earned said credentials, and who recognizes said credentials. Are they regionally recognized by law enforcement/first responders to allow you to return to a sealed off area, to be granted access to the emergency site, etc. Do they list your life saving, your NIMS, hazmat or first responder qualifications. Are they a version of CERT?

3) When you refer to chapters, does anyone recognize your IDcredentials other than the other chapters?

4) There is already a well known and well respected group of Trained Christian Men who respond to emergencies. The Texas Baptist Men texasbaptistmen.org/Ministries/DisasterRelief/tabid/126/Default.aspx have a variety of post disaster "ministries" including feeding large groups of people via portable kitchens, a chainsaw group that helps clear tornado/hurricane/wind damage and a laundry/shower group that brings in portable laundry and shower equipment and supplies, among other things. I believe there are similar groups across the nation under the baptist umbrella. Now, I am not remotely Baptist, but have participated in emergency planning exercises with these people at emergency management events. They are trained, they are badged and they work and play well with first responders--and have relationships with them, so they are recognized. Their members have been screened (There have been cases of just ad hoc volunteers showing up so they can loot the area) and frankly, Bradrick's group is a long way away from being ready for prime time, based on what I see.

When did Geoff Botkin move to Tennessee? Was it around the time Doug the Tool stepped down as elder at BCA? Wasn't this also around the time a lot of blogs went silent? I ask because I'm beginning to think there's a hell of a lot more going on than Doug the Tool's affair and/or any suspected shady business dealings or even any questions about is sexuality. Something bad is going down at Doug the Tool's church and VF.

Yep, Scott is finally talking about Dougie. His 11/10/2013 sermon. Starting at 39:41. Some of the things he says are:

"You don't fall into sin, you slide".

"Every public sin is a private sin for a long time before".

"No one just immediately falls into a sin".

He's treating the situation well, but I'm sure inside his head he's trying to figure out how to maximize his kingdom and salvage his own reputation as Dougie's "friend".

And where, oh where, is Petey's commentary? Knock, knock, knock -- Peter, you are no victim here. Hopefully you are just too busy with BRADRICK! to address the issue of your fallen master.

I imagine Petey is hiding behind his FIL's coat tails; after all, he's dependent on Scotty for his primary livelihood these days. Petey siding with Dougie after this sermon would essentially be biting the hand that feeds him. I don't think even Petey is that stupid.

To quote the immortal Frank Barone, HOLY CRAP. :o

I can't believe Scott really threw Dougie under the bus. Nay, hurled him with vigor.

He's known about this "slide" for quite a long time, methinks. I also think the Botkins and the Bauchams must have too, and they got clear long before this shitstorm started.

Just search "Bradrick" via Google - there's a wealth of snark material to be had.

...oh! It's a real thing! I thought it was just FJ snarking! :shock:

Slightly off topic...

I live in the DC area and I have been going to dinner lectures presented by NOAA. Most of the NOAA people are sciencey science people who study and track things like..oh Global Warming....Ocean acidification from carbon gases, fossil evidence of climate change, a 4.5 billion year old earth....

Maybe BRADRICK needs to find a more "like minded" weather/atmospheric condition/ocean monitoring organization.

Just saying'

...oh! It's a real thing! I thought it was just FJ snarking! :shock:

Depend on what your idea of "real" is. Seems more like a manly fantasy that Petey had at one point, but which he has since abandoned. I don't think that page has been updated in at least 6 months.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Archived