IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

UHM.....Whit didn't only get the coding certificate. She also earned a DEGREE in business!

From their comments:

zachandwhitney.comJanuary 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Awww!! Your so sweet!:) I bought my dress at David's Bridal!! Currently i'm still working a few days a week at Sonic until we get settled in, however, I did recently graduate with a degree in Business and I specialized in Medical Billing and Coding and Insurance!:)

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly says Whit's neckline was altered, too.

It was strapless and low cut, so she added a jacket. To make it higher, David’s Bridal added a strip of wide ribbon that was covered with beads and jewels.

Now that she mentioned it I can see it, but otherwise I wouldn't have guessed at all. It looks so much more natural than what they did to Erin's.

VeryNikeSeamstress wrote:

The thing I find the most disconcerting about some of the Zach/Whit pics is the way she's smiling at the camera, and he looks like he has one thing on his mind.

How is it disconcerting for a man give his brand-new bride a look that suggests he wants to get to the honeymoon? Especially a man who has never been allowed to even kiss her before that day? There's a joke that you're supposed to put a penny in jar each time you have sex during the first year of marriage, and after that, take on penny out each time. Over the course of the rest of your life, that jar will never be empty. Have you never felt passion for someone like that?

It's not about the passion or desire between them, but rather how strange some of the shots look. In the shots where Zach appears to have Whitney cornered and is undressing her with his eyes, meanwhile Whitney is smiling for the camera, it looks odd. He looks predatory, she looks nervous, and the whole image seems out of balance. I think the best pics of them are the ones where they're either completely focused on one another, or smiling at the camera together.

I could tell it was a David's dress and filled in at the neckline, but it was a much better job and using the jacket with the added decoration was a much better choice than Erin's alterations.

UHM.....Whit didn't only get the coding certificate. She also earned a DEGREE in business!

From their comments:

Awww!! Your so sweet!:) I bought my dress at David's Bridal!! Currently i'm still working a few days a week at Sonic until we get settled in, however, I did recently graduate with a degree in Business and I specialized in Medical Billing and Coding and Insurance!:)

Why not say she was in college or whatnot? And why stop working once they're 'settled'?

Why not say she was in college or whatnot? And why stop working once they're 'settled'?

Here's to hoping she means that once they're settled in she'll start looking for something in her field now, not that she'll just be quitting for the hell of it.

I'm happy to hear an sort of post high school/home school educations any of these young men and women get. Can anyone explain a business degree has a specializes in medical coding or billing? All the people I know that have done medical coding/billing took a few courses or got a certificate. In fact my son is middle school and had the highest typing score & loves science so instead of having to take a year of word processing & basic computer skills, the let him take a year of medical transcription, coding and billing classes to satisfy the requirement. He just took an exam and got official certifcates from the college or state in all three transcription. billing and coding.

Maybe it is some sort of A.S. degree in business medical office specialities? with certificates in medical billing & coding.

Silverspoons , I think you are right in that she got as A.S. Instead of a B.A. in business. At least she has some kind of education...let's hope she uses it if that is what she wants to do.

Silverspoons , I think you are right in that she got as A.S. Instead of a B.A. in business. At least she has some kind of education...let's hope she uses it if that is what she wants to do.

The business degree would be an Associates with perhaps a certificate also. I hold a medical billing certificate from my local community college and medical coding programs were either a certificate or you could continue on to get an Associates in Health Information Management. It would be possible to take the coding / insurance classes as electives while also taking the required classes for a different degree. I am thinking she did something like this. And good for her!

It's a good thing she got the Associates and not just the certificate. With the degree, it would be possible for her to continue on to a BA program if she so choose or needed to in the future. Many community college have transfer agreements with state universities.

ETA: Whit's got some possibilities in her life. Somehow, I doubt she's going to be happy just being at home for the rest of her life. It might look all new and appealing now, and maybe after going to school, working and wedding planning, she might want a break but she sounds like she's a bit of a go getter.

From their comments:

Wow, go Whitney :)

I hope she puts it to good use :)

Is it just me or is it kind of rude to out-holy someone on their own blog?

From the comments on the Zach/Whit post:

Penny January 12, 2014 at 2:13 am

Very racy! To each his own, but I’m too modest to pose that way. Whit looks beautiful, BTW.

Kelly didn't bother to respond.

Very racy! To each his own, but I’m too modest to pose that way. Whit looks beautiful, BTW.

Which pose was this? I don't remember any of them being 'racy'....

None of those pictures were racy so perhaps Penny should shove it. More than likely, it could just be Zach may not feel comfortable taking professional pics. I know some photographers can make you pose or do things that you're not use to. Whenever we take family pics, my dad complains how stiff he looks from all those poses compared to when we just whip out our own cameras or cell phones.

Which pose was this? I don't remember any of them being 'racy'....

She didn't specify which specific picture. The comment reads like she thinks ALL of them are too racy. Also, she's not very modest if she's calling attention to her modesty. Another posted responded to her and Kelly posted it but Kelly herself has not answered the "allegation."

If Whit truly has a degree and a medical coding certification she should do very well. She will have to work outside the home initially but after she gets some experience under her belt she can easily move to a remote job and work from home.

And yes I have a MSHA/Education and a CPC so it is very doable and fairly lucrative depending on your experience level and job title.

None of those pictures were racy so perhaps Penny should shove it. More than likely, it could just be Zach may not feel comfortable taking professional pics. I know some photographers can make you pose or do things that you're not use to. Whenever we take family pics, my dad complains how stiff he looks from all those poses compared to when we just whip out our own cameras or cell phones.

I'm also sympathetic to Zach on this. He seems like a genuinely nice (not predatory) guy, who grew up in a very sheltered environment. Jesus and the state had just given him the OK to demonstrate affection to his wife, a photographer was telling him to pose, and this is how it looked. Big deal.

For goodness sake, she's not in a bikini on the hood of a Camaro.

I really want Kelly to reply, "they're married, so Jesus says it's okay! Love, Kelly"

I think really, Zach was being a bit of a ham in those pictures/ trying to get Whit to laugh. We have some similar pics from my wedding. Except then we both did start laughing, which made for awesome pics.

For goodness sake, she's not in a bikini on the hood of a Camaro.

I really want Kelly to reply, "they're married, so Jesus says it's okay! Love, Kelly"

I think really, Zach was being a bit of a ham in those pictures/ trying to get Whit to laugh. We have some similar pics from my wedding. Except then we both did start laughing, which made for awesome pics.

I don 't think "Penny" is a fundie. I think it was someone who reads here being a smartass.

I finally got to see the pictures. Loved the one with him leaning against her! Very erotic...for fundies. Who knew Zach could be sexy? I mean, is sexy taught in that marriage book Gil & Kelly have? We need to see some sexy fundie pics up here. Are there any "sexy" married fundies? Ha ha. Love those boots

Sigh--you Yankees just don't understand cowboy boots, do you? : ) : )

I think the boots are badass. Whitney explained that she only wore hers for the reception. In the southern US, and especially in the southwest, cowboy boots are perfectly acceptable formal attire. I have a cousin (an engineer) in Oklahoma who got married a few months ago and she and all of her attendants wore matching cowboy boots with their (knee-length) dresses. It was super cute.

I admit, though, you either like cowboy boots, or you hate them. There isn't much of an in between.

That's true. :) Seriously, go watch the old Dallas (from the 80s). J.R. and the other oil men are constantly at super expensive formal dinners/balls, etc and they wear cowboy boots. Cowboy boots are definitely considered formal attire.

I think it would've been cute if they'd worn the boots and matching cowboy/girl hats at the wedding,instead of a veil.the attendents,too. :)

Archived