IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The winky-face and "family" makes me think Whit is pregnant.

If she already knows, they may have done more than kiss before the wedding.

I kinda hope she is. I'd love to hear the story

It wasn't that rushed. If she was with child they would have pushed their wedding to before Erin's. Unless they didn't tell the Bates.

I've long been suspicious that Whit is pregnant and that they found out right before the engagement. I think she looks around the end of her first trimester/beginning of second. I will freely admit I am probably wrong, and that she just carries weight a certain way, but I do think she dresses like it, especially in the Michaela courtship pics.

And I think it explains Kelly's silence on their wedding. I don't think Kelly is ready to come out with it yet.

Their wedding wasnt rushed...by fundie standards. By any other standards it certainly was! And when you only take a month or to to throw together a wedding, there's no need to rush since the bride won't show in the early months. Plus, rushing the Zach/Whit wedding would have created scandal right at the time of the royal Erin/Chad affair!

I've long been suspicious that Whit is pregnant and that they found out right before the engagement. I think she looks around the end of her first trimester/beginning of second.

Wait, what? You're joking, right? If Whitney looks like she's in her second trimester I must be in my third trimester with triplets! The woman doesn't look pregnant at all. Her stomach is almost completely flat! :shock: She looks exactly the same as she did in the first pictures we ever saw of her months ago, so if she is pregnant it must be a pregnancy on par with DeDe's.

If she is pregnant I will eat my words and it will be one of the most entertaining things to watch unfold in the history of fundie watching. But I really, really don't think she is. Are you really telling me this woman looks four months pregnant?:

post-1444-14451998592022_thumb.jpg

she could be early on.zach went from signing 'the bates family :) ' to 'the little bates family ;) ' and that makes me think it's a hint.

We'll know soon enough. A 10 pound "premie" wouldn't surprise me, but nor would "god choosing not to open her womb" for a year or two while she finishes school and they get financially established.

She could totally be pregnant, but I'd be surprised if it happened before the wedding, and I'd be SHOCKED if it happened before the engagement... and to be honest I'm basing that mostly on her appearance. If I had to wager I'd say they didn't have sex before they were married, but I wouldn't say that with the same confidence as I would for, say, Erin and Chad.

Wait, what? You're joking, right? If Whitney looks like she's in her second trimester I must be in my third trimester with triplets! The woman doesn't look pregnant at all. Her stomach is almost completely flat! :shock: She looks exactly the same as she did in the first pictures we ever saw of her months ago, so if she is pregnant it must be a pregnancy on par with DeDe's.

If she is pregnant I will eat my words and it will be one of the most entertaining things to watch unfold in the history of fundie watching. But I really, really don't think she is. Are you really telling me this woman looks four months pregnant?:

4 months? No. 10-12 weeks (that pic is a few weeks back) yes.

Like I said, it could be how she carries weight, however, you'd be surprised at how good people are at controlling the pregnancy weight gain when it could cause scandal. I could show pictures of my friend at 4.5 months along and there's not a bump in sight. Some women can really hide it with diet and clothing, especially with #1. Again, I've known people who walked down the aisle at 5 months and only half the wedding knew.

Honestly, I think Zach is more of the give away. I've never seen a guy consistently put his hand near his lady's lower abdomen except when she's expecting. But again, Zach, so...

I'm not saying I think she's absolutely pregnant. I think she looks like she could be, I think they act like it, and I'd LIKE it to be true, so I'm going to keep speculating. I'm fully aware that I am likely wrong.

Edit: I'm totally not sure when the engagement was. If the engagement is further back than I'm recollecting, then my timing is off and maybe it happened after the engagement.

What are the odds -- I just googled the name of a woman I work with, hoping to find an alternate email address for her because my emails to her were bouncing back, and one of the google results was a link to information about a wedding that had recently (last summer) taken place on my co-worker's property. The wedding was between a woman named Whitney and a man named Zach! I had read about it in our local paper at the time, and knew some of their families, but it didn't stick in my mind enough to make *this* Whitney 'n' Zach sound familiar as I've been reading this thread since it started…

They're both such distinctive names, what a fun coincidence to have two couples with the same names...

They got engaged September 12th and they were married three months later. If she had found out she was pregnant before she was engaged, she would have been more than three months pregnant at her wedding, and at least four months pregnant now.

If she were trying to hide the fact that she was pregnant, why would she be wearing skin-tight tops? You'd think she'd be super self-conscious/worried about it and wearing looser clothes if that were the case. This is a link the the first pictures we ever saw of Whitney, from July:

blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/07/17/courtship-chronicle/

She doesn't look any different now than she did at the beginning of July.

They got engaged September 12th and they were married three months later. If she had found out she was pregnant before she was engaged, she would have been more than three months pregnant at her wedding, and at least four months pregnant now.

If she were trying to hide the fact that she was pregnant, why would she be wearing skin-tight tops? You'd think she'd be super self-conscious/worried about it and wearing looser clothes if that were the case. This is a link the the first pictures we ever saw of Whitney, from July:

blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/07/17/courtship-chronicle/

She doesn't look any different now than she did at the beginning of July.

Agreed, she doesn't look pregnant at all in either pictures and if she were four months along, I think she would be trying to hide it and not be wearing the form-fitting tops. If she is pregnant, I would say in all likelihood she became that way sometime between the engagement and wedding so it's very early and she's not showing yet. It would certainly be too early to know if she was pregnant after marriage since she's been married less than a month. I don't think she's pregnant at all, but agree that with Kelly being relatively mum about them on her blog as opposed to C&E and Michael, it does seem like it could be a reason. But who knows. The lack of updates by Kelly could be due to any number of reasons but it would be interesting if there's um, an "announcement" in the future

Agreed, she doesn't look pregnant at all in either pictures and if she were four months along, I think she would be trying to hide it and not be wearing the form-fitting tops. If she is pregnant, I would say in all likelihood she became that way sometime between the engagement and wedding so it's very early and she's not showing yet. It would certainly be too early to know if she was pregnant after marriage since she's been married less than a month. I don't think she's pregnant at all, but agree that with Kelly being relatively mum about them on her blog as opposed to C&E and Michael, it does seem like it could be a reason. But who knows. The lack of updates by Kelly could be due to any number of reasons but it would be interesting if there's um, an "announcement" in the future

Re: bolded and Kelly being quieter on the Z&W news... I just assumed it was because the groom's family isn't (traditionally-- and I imagine that is how it is in these ATI/QF families) as involved in the wedding planning as the bride's family. So there just wasn't as much to update on. That, plus holidays, plus more daughters courting.

Re: bolded and Kelly being quieter on the Z&W news... I just assumed it was because the groom's family isn't (traditionally-- and I imagine that is how it is in these ATI/QF families) as involved in the wedding planning as the bride's family. So there just wasn't as much to update on. That, plus holidays, plus more daughters courting.

I am thinking that it's a combo of being the groom's family and not so involved in wedding as bride's, plus two weddings, plus holidays, and also the fact that Zach and Whit have their own blog. I very highly doubt it's because of Whit being pregnant but it would be very interesting twist. Just a highly unlikely one.

If Kelly were ever to find herself in the position of dealing with a child (or child's spouse) getting pregnant before marriage, it would be interesting to see how she would deal with it.

I'm with singsingsing--if you think Whit looks pregnant, you must think I might go into labor any day now! : ) FFS, some of us don't have completely flat stomachs.

Whitney looks tiny to me, and I agree, she wouldn't wear such tight tops if she was trying to hide things. Sometimes my husband puts his hand on my stomach in pics--its just someplace to put his hand!

I think there are many valid reasons for Kelly not to post much about Zach and Whitney's wedding: The Bates family, following tradition, didn't plan, fund or run the wedding--the bride's family did; the wedding wasn't the ATI royalty extravaganza that the Chad-Erin Affair was; Whit is fundy-lite and Kelly doesn't approve of her in some ways; Kelly, like many moms, is much more into the over-the-top girlishness of a daughter's wedding than of a son's.

idk,it doesn't seem fair to me.Zach n Whit may feel very outshined by the Holy Royal ATI wedding of Princess Erin and Master Chad being so on the blog,unlike theirs.

Zach and Whit haven't posted and pictures of the wedding yet either. Maybe they just haven't got them back yet and Kelly is waiting to do a post on the wedding before she does one of the honeymoon (or anything else) she seems to follow patterns like that. Plus, it was a much smaller wedding, that Kelly wasn't directly involved in planning, so less to talk about maybe?

I am pretty sure they call themselves the "little Bates family" to distinguish from Zach's ginormo family that also goes by the name: The Bates family. This speculation about her being pregnant based on what they call themselves seems silly. We have to remember, they are new to the whole love and dating/marriage thing and cutesy little bates nicknames are super cheesy fun special snowflake right up their alley. Made even more so when you think about how huge their target audience of fundie readers may very well be. I could see wanting to distinguish between the Big Bates Fam and the lil Bates fam as a way to avoid confusion.

Also as I have mentioned before, I grew up in a repressive religion as well and I cant even imagine them waiting until December to have a wedding if Whit knew she was pregnant in July. I could however see them getting engaged and then saying F* it, we may as well start banging now since we are going to be wed soon anyway. In which case she may be pregnant but this does not come across as a shotgun wedding to me. Also, Whit looks great and layers tend to make people look a little larger than they are if not done correctly.

Finally, Zach reminds me of any teenage boy dating for the first time. They are just statistically unable to keep their hands off of their girlfriends. I mean seriously Zach looks like any 16 year old just happy to be able to finally touch a girl, on the belly on the back wherever.

Could it be that since Zach did not take the typical fundie route on dating that people are speculating that they had sex prior to marriage? You know...unsupervised courtship that plays into the fundies' idea that they will have sex prior to marriage. I seriously doubt that he did.

I don't get the pregnancy speculation... she is thin with a fairly flat stomach, she just doesn't look like someone who spends a ton of time on core-strengthening exercises or with weights. Her stomach looks like a perfectly normal non-pregnancy one to me.

I will join the eternally pregnant group here, since I would love to have a stomach that looks like hers.

Wild thought: Maybe Zak and Whitney don't give a damn if anyone wants to see their wedding photos. They are theirs--not ours. Hoping for some independence!

Archived