IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Put me on the side who says Whit is not pregnant. She might come from a mainstream Christian home but I highly doubt she's a wild child who has sex outside of marriage. Zach grew up with the mindset that kissing before marriage = bad and sex before marriage = welcome to Hell, so I highly highly doubt that he would go against what he grew up with just like that.

I just think these 2 are just in their honeymoon phase, all giggly and thinking everything is sunshine and rainbows, that's it. This is the same guy who sent a pic of the ring to Whit, out of excitement, even before he got down on one knee and proposed after just a 2 months courtship, when they were in talks of an October engagement and Spring '14 wedding.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zach and Whitney and Kelly have both stated multiple times that they're still waiting for the photos to come back. After they get the photos it will take some time to choose which ones to post, and then format the post and upload it. I find the speculation on why the wedding post isn't up yet kind of weird, because we already know why.

As for whether they had sex before marriage, of course they could have, but I doubt it. Just because Whitney wasn't fundie doesn't mean she wasn't very conservative in her ideas about sex and relationships. Waiting until marriage is still fairly idealized in most Christian circles. Personally I know quite a few pretty liberal Christians who decided that they wanted to wait until they were married to have sex, and they waited. I get that being a conservative Christian doesn't stop you from having sex outside of marriage (at all - lol) but given both of their backgrounds and their relatively short courtship and engagement, I think it's pretty likely that they did wait (and therefore extremely unlikely that she's pregnant).

Zach and Whitney and Kelly have both stated multiple times that they're still waiting for the photos to come back. After they get the photos it will take some time to choose which ones to post, and then format the post and upload it. I find the speculation on why the wedding post isn't up yet kind of weird, because we already know why.

As for whether they had sex before marriage, of course they could have, but I doubt it. Just because Whitney wasn't fundie doesn't mean she wasn't very conservative in her ideas about sex and relationships. Waiting until marriage is still fairly idealized in most Christian circles. Personally I know quite a few pretty liberal Christians who decided that they wanted to wait until they were married to have sex, and they waited. I get that being a conservative Christian doesn't stop you from having sex outside of marriage (at all - lol) but given both of their backgrounds and their relatively short courtship and engagement, I think it's pretty likely that they did wait (and therefore extremely unlikely that she's pregnant).

I'm with singsingsing. Kelly, Whit and Zach have said multiple times they are waiting to get the professional pictures back from the photographer. Kelly did the same thing with Erin and Chad. She did not post any pictures until she got the ones from the photographer back. I don't get what all the speculation is about? She doesn't look pregnant to me at all.

Put me on the side who says Whit is not pregnant. She might come from a mainstream Christian home but I highly doubt she's a wild child who has sex outside of marriage. Zach grew up with the mindset that kissing before marriage = bad and sex before marriage = welcome to Hell, so I highly highly doubt that he would go against what he grew up with just like that.

I just think these 2 are just in their honeymoon phase, all giggly and thinking everything is sunshine and rainbows, that's it. This is the same guy who sent a pic of the ring to Whit, out of excitement, even before he got down on one knee and proposed after just a 2 months courtship, when they were in talks of an October engagement and Spring '14 wedding.

I agree with everything you said, except what I bolded. Since when does having prematiral sex in a comitted relationship, make one a "wild child?"

Yeah, I don't think she looks pregnant at all. I just thought the signing of the blog posts with "little Bates family" and a winky face might mean Honeymoon Baby on the way. They were married on December 14th, so if the timing worked out just right she could definitely have been "late" and gotten a positive pregnancy test by now. Rampant speculation on my part, sure, but it was just my first thought when I saw the winky face.

I thought the "little Bates family ;)" thing was a joke about them not being the big Gil and Kelly Bates family. They are the first "Bates" off-shoot family, since Erin has taken Chad's family name. Plus, I try not to read too deeply into anything written on that blog since the two of them are both such poor writers.

I thought the "little Bates family ;)" thing was a joke about them not being the big Gil and Kelly Bates family. They are the first "Bates" off-shoot family, since Erin has taken Chad's family name. Plus, I try not to read too deeply into anything written on that blog since the two of them are both such poor writers.

That's how I interpreted "little Bates family" too, since he is the first child married who will keep the Bates name.

Also, I don't read too much into his hand placement in photos. I usually put my hands near my friend's stomach or mine all the time to my friends because I awkwardly never know where to put my hands. :lol:

I highly doubt they had sex before marriage. The first couple of posts, they signed the "Bates Family", then switched it to the "little Bates family".

I for one, don't think you need children to consider yourself a family.

Well, I remain unconvinced, but whether she is or she isn't pregnant isn't as important as whether she is or isn't happy, and she very much seems to be that. I look forward to seeing their wedding pictures when they post them!

Plus, I try not to read too deeply into anything written on that blog since the two of them are both such poor writers.
:lol: :clap:

Love this Mausi.

Exactly!

I agree with everything you said, except what I bolded. Since when does having prematiral sex in a comitted relationship, make one a "wild child?"

In conservative Christianity it is.

Dont know if this has appeared in any other thread but it was too funny a gem to pass up. Found it on that Bates tumblr fan page and thought it worth a share. :lol:

post-4896-1445199859328_thumb.png

Dont know if this has appeared in any other thread but it was too funny a gem to pass up. Found it on that Bates tumblr fan page and thought it worth a share. :lol:

Jessa's and Ben's potential kids don't look too happy ^^ Whit's and Zach's look cute.

I was just about to comment that someone has too much time on their hands (Bates photos)...

....hey, um, pot? it's me, kettle.

Aaawwww that is adorable.

Hope these potential kids aren't born for a while yet though, all three couples are so young and need more time to get to know eachother and develop a life together as a couple.

I have no idea if they had sex before marriage but if they did I hope they aren't plagued by feelings of shame, guilt or that they have dishonored God.

I always get so self-conscious when people are talking about weight.. To me Whit is tiny!

Visit the Rodriques thread -- over there pages are dedicated to how thin those kids are. :?

But, ITA, Whitney is not fat, has no extra weight to "carry" midsection or otherwise.

I have no idea if they had sex before marriage but if they did I hope they aren't plagued by feelings of shame, guilt or that they have dishonored God.

In case they did and they read here, according to medieval Catholic Doctrine, so pre-Reformation, if they were engaged and had sex, this made them married to each other. So no guilt kids! Just don't go getting engaged to lots of other people and having sex with them, because then you're a bigamist ;)

Hear, hear!

The winky-face and "family" makes me think Whit is pregnant.

I assumed it meant the "little" Bates family as in, the Gil & Kelly family blog is "TheBatesFamily" and Zach and Whitney are the smaller/"little" "Bates Family".

I've long been suspicious that Whit is pregnant and that they found out right before the engagement. I think she looks around the end of her first trimester/beginning of second.

Good grief. Honestly, it must be so annoying for people to make these assumptions all the time. I get it, putting themselves out there provides fodder for speculation, but how in the hell does she look like she's 4 months pregnant???

Good grief. Honestly, it must be so annoying for people to make these assumptions all the time. I get it, putting themselves out there provides fodder for speculation, but how in the hell does she look like she's 4 months pregnant???

Agree. I know lots of people who carry weight there, including myself when I'm on my period. I really don't think she's pregnant.

Agree. I know lots of people who carry weight there, including myself when I'm on my period. I really don't think she's pregnant.

That's the point I am trying to make - she isn't "carrying weight" in her middle. The heavy denim skirt is boxy-shaped, but I don't see ANYTHING else there. I'd guess she's maybe a size 2/4, probably smaller, based on her upper body and legs. Really, this sort of stuff is what makes girls and women hate their bodies.

That's the point I am trying to make - she isn't "carrying weight" in her middle. The heavy denim skirt is boxy-shaped, but I don't see ANYTHING else there. I'd guess she's maybe a size 2/4, probably smaller, based on her upper body and legs. Really, this sort of stuff is what makes girls and women hate their bodies.

I never said she was fat or even not skinny. She is very slim. And everyone "carries weight" somewhere, no matter how small they are. I personally do not carry it around my waist, so when I started gaining inches in that area, it was a big clue that I was pregnant and not just normal weight gain. Which isn't to say I wasn't still skinny. I was still 5'9 and a size 6, and had just come off of running a marathon. Most people that I know don't instantly gain large amounts of weight in the early weeks of pregnancy (I gained 4 lbs first trimester), so saying someone could be pregnant does not mean I'm automatically calling them fat.

Archived