IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Agree, horrible poses.

I think part of the problem is that Zach looks so stiff and rigid - it's not very natural.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zach and Whitney updated their blog with even more pictures. There are plenty of normal ones

I think its really cute they wore matching cowboy boots

I think their boots are pretty bad ass and I am also kind of jealous of them and want some like that for myself.

Then again, I have lived in Texas for the past 25 years (and I'm 29) so cowboy boots are acceptable footwear for most situations. I have two pair and wear them to work all the time.

WHOA :pink-shock:

How do I best say it...Zach comes off as sexually aggressive in those pictures? Someone upthread said "erotic" and that is a good description too. Shit, I'm an atheist, feminist liberal and I wouldn't take wedding photos like those LOL

Oh God. Why oh why would she put them in poses like that? Whitney looks beautiful, and I know from other pictures that these two aren't awkward with each other at all, but these photos look so weird and unnatural. Hope they got some good ones where Zach doesn't look like he's about to attack her. :(

Those pics....look like cover shots for romance novels. If I did not know about the ATI connection, I would call them a mainstream couple.

Maybe these poses were a bit of rebellion for both zach/Whit and Elizabeth the photographer?

ETA: Upon closer inspection...Zach's boots make him look like an escapee from an old Porter Wagoner show...circa 1964

Zach does look a bit predatory in the pics, but I suspect it's just a combo of being awkward and horny....

Compared to Erin's dress, I like Whitney's way better. Erin's dress had to get extensively altered to the point where you could tell just how much alterations they had to do. Even then, the alterations were so badly done, especially with the cap sleeves and the back.

Whit's dress, though it was a bit "lower" than Erin's, it was still modest and adding the bolero was perfect.

Compared to Erin's dress, I like Whitney's way better. Erin's dress had to get extensively altered to the point where you could tell just how much alterations they had to do. Even then, the alterations were so badly done, especially with the cap sleeves and the back.

Whit's dress, though it was a bit "lower" than Erin's, it was still modest and adding the bolero was perfect.

Yeah I much prefer Whitney's dress. I think Erin's would have looked much better with a bolero, but I guess the neckline would have still been too low for her standards. They could have built it up with lace instead (I saw an example using a lace bolero on Say Yes to the Dress so I think it would have been possible) so it would have a Grace Kelly/Kate Middleton look to it.

Oh God. Why oh why would she put them in poses like that? Whitney looks beautiful, and I know from other pictures that these two aren't awkward with each other at all, but these photos look so weird and unnatural. Hope they got some good ones where Zach doesn't look like he's about to attack her. :(

I don't like those pics at all. And, why didn't someone tell Zach that his silver accented cowboy boots should not be worn with a tux. In fact, they are so ugly they should never be worn for anything other than dirty, outside work.

I thought the boots were cute. I like when people add personal/dorky touches to their wedding without going overboard in-your-face.

I'd consider wearing my cowboy boots if I ever got married. I don't really like heels, and they are red (my favorite color). I think they'd be more exciting than flats. I bet it would really stand out in my hometown though lol. At any rate I agree it's a way to add personality without it being over the top, so I think it's cute.

Kelly's got a bunch of wedding pictures up on the blog now. She says several more posts are coming. The awkward ones are there, but there are some nice ones as well.

The thing I find the most disconcerting about some of the Zach/Whit pics is the way she's smiling at the camera, and he looks like he has one thing on his mind.

The thing I find the most disconcerting about some of the Zach/Whit pics is the way she's smiling at the camera, and he looks like he has one thing on his mind.

It's not his fault though if the photographer told them to pose like that (for whatever reason ^^)

All the pics on the "moss wall" squeeved me out! The overhead shot of the top of their heads--WTF? Whitney looked so pretty though. Hope they are happy!

I don't like those pics at all. And, why didn't someone tell Zach that his silver accented cowboy boots should not be worn with a tux. In fact, they are so ugly they should never be worn for anything other than dirty, outside work.

QFT!!! Those boots are hideous!!!!

How is it disconcerting for a man give his brand-new bride a look that suggests he wants to get to the honeymoon? Especially a man who has never been allowed to even kiss her before that day? There's a joke that you're supposed to put a penny in jar each time you have sex during the first year of marriage, and after that, take on penny out each time. Over the course of the rest of your life, that jar will never be empty. Have you never felt passion for someone like that?

With the exception of the most recent few decades, it was common history for people to marry young because their religion/society/culture looks down on pre-marital sex and they just want to be together. And think about the stories you've read about young couples marrying before the husband was in the military and was being shipped off to fight a war? My parents got married at Court right before my dad left for Vietnam (they were both 19), and had the Church wedding when he returned from his first tour, at age 20.

I believe that people marry later these days because:

A. They don't believe it's bad to have sex with someone you aren't married to (or plan to marry), so there's no rush.

B. Many people choose to expand their education and/or enter the workforce and therefore have other goals before committing to someone for life.

C. The economy makes it really hard for young adults to enter the workforce and thus they put off settling down in any way.

D. Living longer and healthier lives means that the proverbial "biological clock" isn't "ticking away" until much later than their early 20s.

QFT!!! Those boots are hideous!!!!

::Small voice:: I sort of like the cowboy boots. They look comfy. And personalized. In the South, and in probably in TX especially, they are fine.

For future brides -- one thing that you want at your wedding is happy feet. You will be on your feet ALL FREAKING DAY and probably most of the NIGHT! Do you really want to do that in sky-high heels, however fashionable and cute they look? YeeeeOUCH!

I've never owned any cowboy boots, and tend to like the more subtly decorated ones.

I'd actually buy a pair, but at my age and in New England they would really look ridiculous. Especially the way I think they look really good - paired with a short cocktail/bridesmaid dress or with tucked in jeans. I suppose I could wear cowboy boots with jeans ...

Nah! I'm too bloody old to carry off the cowboy boot look without being on a horse!! :lol:

I like that they wore matching boots. I think it shows a sort of unity and its cute without being so in your face (hers are covered by her dress, his are not that noticeable. They are for each other, not everyone else like the rest of the wedding). The boots themselves are tacky for having a winged cross on them, but what do you expect from fundies.

all in all, I support their use of the boots

How is it disconcerting for a man give his brand-new bride a look that suggests he wants to get to the honeymoon? Especially a man who has never been allowed to even kiss her before that day? There's a joke that you're supposed to put a penny in jar each time you have sex during the first year of marriage, and after that, take on penny out each time. Over the course of the rest of your life, that jar will never be empty. Have you never felt passion for someone like that?

With the exception of the most recent few decades, it was common history for people to marry young because their religion/society/culture looks down on pre-marital sex and they just want to be together. And think about the stories you've read about young couples marrying before the husband was in the military and was being shipped off to fight a war? My parents got married at Court right before my dad left for Vietnam (they were both 19), and had the Church wedding when he returned from his first tour, at age 20.

I believe that people marry later these days because:

A. They don't believe it's bad to have sex with someone you aren't married to (or plan to marry), so there's no rush.

B. Many people choose to expand their education and/or enter the workforce and therefore have other goals before committing to someone for life.

C. The economy makes it really hard for young adults to enter the workforce and thus they put off settling down in any way.

D. Living longer and healthier lives means that the proverbial "biological clock" isn't "ticking away" until much later than their early 20s.

the expense of a wedding itself is the only thing I would add.some couples save up for their dream wedding,if their folks can't help out as much as they'd like.

Archived