IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

So are Zach and Whitney deliberately avoiding all cultural activities in Hawaii? I'm not shocked they'd avoid luaus but still, there's so much rich culture in Hawaii and while there's great natural activities, it's sad if they're not learning about the native culture at all. I wonder what they're eating as well, if they're trying anything new. I know we'd predicted beforehand they wouldn't connect to the culture at all, but still it's kind of sad if all they're doing is hiking and screwing. And this comes from a fellow Hawaii honeymooner who went to all kinds of ancient Hawaii temples, palaces, cultural museums and ate poi and lau lau and every form of raw fish and exotic fruit I could find.

I'll guess they're at least cautiously observing some cultural activities, but aren't posting pictures.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think they have any appreciation for raunchy jokes? I mean, the middle-school corniest of corny Hawai'ian jokes: "Look Mom, we got lei'd!" :roll:

I can't imagine my life without puns and double-entendres… :lol:

I'm sure if they are watching half naked hula dancers they wouldn't dare post it. Volcano GODDESSES and all that. Heathens. Immodest. Etc.

I think Whitney only went skirts for the parents, not Zach.

If that was true she would not be wearing them on the honeymoon. She's had on a skirt in every picture they've posted.

Judging by the pics in Hawaii, they will for sure be fundie lite. I give it a few years before she stops wearing skirts. I bet Kelly is not too happy about the skin tight shirts she wears either.

Judging by the pics in Hawaii, they will for sure be fundie lite. I give it a few years before she stops wearing skirts. I bet Kelly is not too happy about the skin tight shirts she wears either.

Check out what her own daughter Alyssa wears.

Also, ever since I saw that Zach was engaged again so quickly, it was apparent he is ready to get "lei'd" as someone put it a few posts up. I'm sure he's in puppy love with Whitney and was just ready to finally get to do normal things guys his age do... you know, like actually get to kiss a girl? I just hate it that he had to go through the act of marriage in order to do so. Let's hope it lasts.

This is sort of OT but I was extremely interested to see that the ads here (Australia) for United Bates, which is starting soon, make absolutely no suggestion that they are fundies. They show them gathered together singing, but the only lyrics are 'we're happy all the time'. If I weren't already familiar with the Bates I would think from the ad they were just an exceptionally large family with weird hair.

I just think it's very interesting that they have not just downplayed the religious angle but completely hidden it in the commercials for the launch of the show.

This is sort of OT but I was extremely interested to see that the ads here (Australia) for United Bates, which is starting soon, make absolutely no suggestion that they are fundies. They show them gathered together singing, but the only lyrics are 'we're happy all the time'. If I weren't already familiar with the Bates I would think from the ad they were just an exceptionally large family with weird hair.

I just think it's very interesting that they have not just downplayed the religious angle but completely hidden it in the commercials for the launch of the show.

showing in australia? oooh! i've always wanted to see the show and because australia never gets anything i wanna watch and i couldn't find it online... i haven't seen it yet.

what channel/when?!

what channel/when?!

There were two 30 min episodes on Foxtel last night. I think they were on a Lifestyle channel...have to check. The 1st ep the Bates' went to see Gil's parents (I think they were his parents, not Kelly's) and in the second ep there was a Duggar/Bates get-together.

I didn't get to watch either of them, or record them, and can't find any further eps listed on the Foxtel guide on my phone, either, so don't know when they will be on again...

If I find out anything more, will let you know :)

It's showing on Lifestyle YOU on sunday nights, not sure what time. YOU has all my favourite trash so I've seen quite a few ads recently. I just think it's a very interesting move on their part to fail to give any suggestion of their fundie-ness.

If you're as familiar with fundies as the people here are you might recognise they're fundies because of the huge size of the family and the modest modern dress but the average person would have no idea. The song they're singing might be a religious one but the lyrics you hear in the ad don't seem to be religious and I certainly don't recognise it.

There is a Hindu Monastery & Temple in Kauai that I we visited when we were there earlier this month. Surely the honeymooners passed on visiting it. ;)

YOU has all my favourite trash
Same here :lol: Sometimes, you just have to watch some trash or trainwreck television - it's good for the soul.

I just think it's a very interesting move on their part to fail to give any suggestion of their fundie-ness.
Agree with this, too. Maybe it's because at least as far as Christianity goes, we are a much less religious country than the US. Well...I think we are, anyway. Sure, we probably have our enclaves of fundies scattered around, but I very much doubt we have anywhere near the percentage of Sunday church attendees the US has. Anyone who wants to be anyone over there, especially politically, seem to toe the Sunday service line. We, on the other hand elected an openly atheist, female Prime Minister.

If you're as familiar with fundies as the people here are you might recognise they're fundies because of the huge size of the family and the modest modern dress but the average person would have no idea. The song they're singing might be a religious one but the lyrics you hear in the ad don't seem to be religious and I certainly don't recognise it.
I also doubt very much the average Aussie watching Duck Dynasty has any real idea exactly how religious the Robertson clan are - although admittedly Phil's latest rant made news.com.au , so maybe some will twig.

Come to think of it, the ads for 19KAC don't really give any hints that they're fundies, only that they're Christian. I agree Aussies have less interest in religion and far less people will watch if they think it's a show about extremely fundamentalist Christians. After all, YOU is a trashy, trashy channel with stuff like Toddlers and Tiaras (my personal drug of choice), Embarrassing Bodies, Secret Eaters, My Strange Addiction... it's not the sort of channel you'd expect to find a reality series about fundies on.

It's a shame we elected an atheist female prime minister and followed her up with a misogynistic Christian man.

I agree trashy tv is vital to the soul! It's my come to Jesus time.

Come to think of it, the ads for 19KAC don't really give any hints that they're fundies, only that they're Christian. I agree Aussies have less interest in religion and far less people will watch if they think it's a show about extremely fundamentalist Christians. After all, YOU is a trashy, trashy channel with stuff like Toddlers and Tiaras (my personal drug of choice), Embarrassing Bodies, Secret Eaters, My Strange Addiction... it's not the sort of channel you'd expect to find a reality series about fundies on.

It's a shame we elected an atheist female prime minister and followed her up with a misogynistic Christian man.

I agree trashy tv is vital to the soul! It's my come to Jesus time.

So is TLC. I think all of those shows are on there too.

TLC is my favourite trashy reality show channel.

I know it's only 2 weeks since the wedding and Christmas would be busy but I still find it strange that no one in the family has updated the blog with wedding pictures.

I know it's only 2 weeks since the wedding and Christmas would be busy but I still find it strange that no one in the family has updated the blog with wedding pictures.

But how is that strange? You said yourself it's only been two weeks, and Christmas is a busy season - remember, the Bateses run a church, too. They only just got Erin's wedding pictures back, and Kelly said in the comments that they're still waiting on Zach's. They can't post wedding pictures if they don't have any yet.

Still find it odd that nothing - either pictures or blog has been updated. There are enough adults in the family that surely one of them could update. Also, did no one in the family take pictures? Even cellphone pictures?

But how is that strange? You said yourself it's only been two weeks, and Christmas is a busy season - remember, the Bateses run a church, too. They only just got Erin's wedding pictures back, and Kelly said in the comments that they're still waiting on Zach's. They can't post wedding pictures if they don't have any yet.

I get it. :-) They have so many people in the family and everyone was not in the wedding, so someone in the immediate family could have taking pictures. I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone in the family have a camera or a cellphone with camera? I guess not.

Also, we have to keep in mind that they are not like the Duggars who can multi-task, sort of, and take pictures even candide ones. The Bates' seem to be focus on family and pictures, well, I am their good friends will capture the moment for them. Or, that is why they hired a photographer to do the pictures for them so they can enjoy the experience.

It just seems so weird to me that anyone would find it strange that they haven't updated with wedding pictures in the two weeks since the wedding, during which time Christmas took place. It seems to me that Kelly is the only one who updates the blog, and I'm sure she doesn't feel like the blog is her #1 priority. She usually takes a while to get posts with a lot of pictures up, so it's not like this is anything new or startling. tbh this seems like looking for controversy where none exists.

The All About the Bates tumblr has these pics and say they are 90% sure its Zach and Whits cake. Made by Kelly's sister. I looked up the 205 Main place where they had the reception and the art on the walls match so I am 100% sure these are their cakes.

tumblr_my7kp9vxVh1s1nwhmo1_500.jpg

Grooms cake:

tumblr_my7kp9vxVh1s1nwhmo2_500.jpg

Archived