IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Controversy? I don't believe any of my few posts have been controversial.

Haha, I think you misunderstood. I meant looking for controversy within the Bates family, like there's some reason other than time constraints that Kelly hasn't posted the wedding pictures. I mean, maybe there is, but two weeks is a bit too soon to start assuming things - in my opinion, which is all I'm saying. Your posts weren't controversial in the slightest. :)

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter was married on November 9, 2013 and she didn't get her picture until 2 weeks ago from the photographer. So it took a little over a month.

How many guests would be "normal" for a US wedding?

I've been one of 6 guests at one wedding and one of 350 at another.

Do regular non-fundie people also have bridesmaids, groomsmen, flowergirls etc.?

Yes, usually, although the flowergirls/ringbearer varies in popularity because kids can be a PITA in wedding parties.

And if so what is the point? To add to the party? To give a show of strength to the opposing team family your friend or relative is marrying into to show that you have people who will support you and seek revenge if you are ill treated in the marriage? (that last bit is what my dad always said was the point of "friend of the bride vs friend of the groom"

Are such customs as to who gives a toast/when the couple should leave/throwing of various objects (flowers/garters/socks) strictly observed?

Not strictly observed, and frankly, I think some of these (garter throwing, etc) are promoted by wedding photographers as much as anything.

And yes, I do realise that there will be regional/religious/cultural/class-differences, I'm just curious as to how the fundie-weddings are different/similar to more mainstream weddings.

Kelly updated the blog, but with more pics of Erin and Chad's wedding. Nothing more about Zach and Whitney.

I really find that odd.

Again, it's the holiday season. They run a church. They're probably busy helping both couples set up their homes. Erin's wedding happened first, and the professional photos have come in, so it makes sense that Kelly would blog about it first. She may not even have Zach's wedding photos to post yet. I don't see anything odd about it. And now I'm done. :text-givemebeer:

(Just discovered the 'give me beer' emoticon. Nothing to do with this post. Would still like beer, though.)

Kelly may have gotten Erin's photos as soon are almost as soon as Erin and Chad did. Whitney may not pass them along as quickly to Kelly. Plus the photographer may not have gotten to them yet. Not only was it close to Christmas for Kelly but it also was holiday season for the photographer. There are SO many reasons to explain why she hasn't gotten to Zach and Whitney's wedding yet. It could even be that Zach doesn't want her to talk about it too much.

Going looking for a give me wine emoticon. I'll take brandy also.

Nobody in their family took a picture on a cellphone?

Yes, there's a lot of reasons Kelly hasn't posted, but it just seems off to me that they've only mentioned it once but have had several posts about Chad and Erin.

I hope it has not already been posted here, there are pictures of the wedding of Zach and Whitney : bumpinalongtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.fr/2013/12/zach-and-whitney-get-married.html

Those are very nice pictures. I loved Whitney's colors of black and red. And the church looked so nice with the poinsettias in the back ground.

Jinger looks horrible. She really needs to stop tanning or laying on the self tan. Is that Jana next to her? She looks different too. Fuller in the face or her hair is different. Whoever it is, she looks like a ghost compared to Jinger.

The picture of John David with Marcus and Mike was adorable.

The Bates "howlers" are cuter than the Duggar howlers.

Erin and Chad held court.

Zach looks so happy and so relaxed.

Holy tan Batman! Jinger really needs to lay off the fake tan in a can-she looks awful.

I think because, compared to Erin's and Chad's wedding, the wedding was smaller, there's less pictures we're seeing of the wedding. Erin and Chad's wedding was another ATI royal wedding-with all these fundies and blogging, there's bound to be loads of candid pics, especially since over 1000 showed up. According to Kelly, roughly 400 were at Zach and Whit's, majority of which, wouldn't surprise me were from Whit's side. Didn't someone mention that there was an ATI Christmas event going on that same day of the wedding? I think, if anything, more of the ATI folks went to that than the wedding.

Agreed that Zach looks so relaxed.

Holy tan Batman! Jinger really needs to lay off the fake tan in a can-she looks awful.

I wonder if she has an upcoming audition for a remake

Oompa-Loompas-010.jpg

I think because, compared to Erin's and Chad's wedding, the wedding was smaller, there's less pictures we're seeing of the wedding. Erin and Chad's wedding was another ATI royal wedding-with all these fundies and blogging, there's bound to be loads of candid pics, especially since over 1000 showed up. According to Kelly, roughly 400 were at Zach and Whit's, majority of which, wouldn't surprise me were from Whit's side. Didn't someone mention that there was an ATI Christmas event going on that same day of the wedding? I think, if anything, more of the ATI folks went to that than the wedding

The stupid flower in her hair bothers me more than the fake tan. She needs to stop borrowing her little sisters' hair accessories, she's a grown woman at this point! The other daughters in their 20's certainly look more their age, I don't know why she keeps making herself look like a little girl.

Also only in the fundie world is 400 wedding guests a small wedding. We had 85 and I thought that was sizeable!

Please tell me that's just the body of a 40-something great-grand-multipara that Kelly's sporting in the rehearsal photos, and not a baby bump! Please!

Please tell me that's just the body of a 40-something great-grand-multipara that Kelly's sporting in the rehearsal photos, and not a baby bump! Please!

She said she thinks her baby days are done. She's just a little overweight and like you said, she's been pregnant a zillion times.

I don't see anything that looks like a bump. I wouldn't worry. Although it would be kind of awesome to see Kelly get to 20 kids instead of Michelle, I think their baby making days are over.

The stupid flower in her hair bothers me more than the fake tan. She needs to stop borrowing her little sisters' hair accessories, she's a grown woman at this point! The other daughters in their 20's certainly look more their age, I don't know why she keeps making herself look like a little girl.

Also only in the fundie world is 400 wedding guests a small wedding. We had 85 and I thought that was sizeable!

But families who were at your wedding doesn't have 8/10 children per family.

Zach looks very happy and excited. Erin and Chad look genuinely happy in those pics. I agree, Jinger needs to lay off the self tan. Who is the Yong woman next to her? She doesn't look like a Duggar.

Those are very nice pictures. I loved Whitney's colors of black and red. And the church looked so nice with the poinsettias in the back ground.

Jinger looks horrible. She really needs to stop tanning or laying on the self tan. Is that Jana next to her? She looks different too. Fuller in the face or her hair is different. Whoever it is, she looks like a ghost compared to Jinger.

The picture of John David with Marcus and Mike was adorable.

The Bates "howlers" are cuter than the Duggar howlers.

Erin and Chad held court.

Zach looks so happy and so relaxed.

Normally when any sort of body snarking takes place on here (or anywhere) I don't see the "problem." But, wow, is she orange! I can only hope that's bad lighting.

I just noticed once again how beautiful the Bates girls are. Just look at the picture of Josie (?) and Katie (?) wearing that black dress with the red bow.

Normally when any sort of body snarking takes place on here (or anywhere) I don't see the "problem." But, wow, is she orange! I can only hope that's bad lighting.

It's not bad lighting!

Archived