IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

My google (and the words from one of their pics) show me they are staying in Kauai at the

http://www.sealodgekauai.com/

Which is different from where Gil and Kelly stayed (the island of Molokai)

It says season rates only 175/night so they probably got a good deal now since its December.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winter rates! maybe that's why they got married now,instead of waiting.

When is the high season in Hawaii? I imagine that people from cold climates like to vacation in Hawaii when it is freezing at home. It is supposed to be in the high 70s - low 80s today.

I think Zach and Whitney are genuinely happy. Their smiles seem so natural and not forced. I wish them both well and hoping they do escape the fundie world if that is what they both want.

edited...because I do know there difference between there, their, and they're.

Holiday season began 12/15 and runs into January with higher rates.

Looks like the layered shirts are back. Bonus points for proper shoes....and the drink!

Those are the pics for Zach's family . . . .

Not only does Zach look less bloated than in the recent past, in a few pics you can actually see some muscle definition. I thnk Whit is good for him. Zach is looking healthier. I hope this continues once they settle in together. It would be so easy to consume much to much Sonic food.

I think there are pictures that we will never see...there are the pictures for the blog, then there are the private "memory" pictures.

They don't look awkward at all with each other...

Who blogs while on their honeymoon?!!! They do seem very cute and comfortable with each other...but the feeding the fandom while on a honeymoon (which is supposed to be intimate and private)...I don't know...it feels a little kardashian to me.

I don't think it's that weird - a lot of people use blogs these days to keep their friends and family updated about their travels.

I don't think it's that weird - a lot of people use blogs these days to keep their friends and family updated about their travels.

True...but...honeymoon?? I am apparently reaching the "get off my lawn!" stage of life and the ripe old age of 30. Kids and their social media/SHARE EVERYTHING obsession just...makes me shake my head.

True...but...honeymoon?? I am apparently reaching the "get off my lawn!" stage of life and the ripe old age of 30. Kids and their social media/SHARE EVERYTHING obsession just...makes me shake my head.

Haha, I personally am the same way. It's a big thing with people around my age (early 20s to mid 30s). Every life event has to be celebrated with an elaborate photo shoot inspired by Pinterest complete with cutesy props and complementary outfits, and shared with all 800 of their friends on Facebook, and then there are the blogs or websites telling you all about who they are, how they met, how amazing they are and how amazing their life is, because they're just such fascinating people. And you know what, mostly they are really nice people, but that is just so NOT me...

I'm joining you on the porch screaming get off the lawn because I don't understand blogging on your honeymoon at all.

I think some ppl really like the attention they know they are getting.

In this case,the Bates are fairly well-known,and so they do draw some attn.which they probably relish to some degree.

Zach comes across as being more private than Whiney does,but that is jmo.perhaps women just tend to take pics and document more than men do,in general.

Who blogs while on their honeymoon?!!! They do seem very cute and comfortable with each other...but the feeding the fandom while on a honeymoon (which is supposed to be intimate and private)...I don't know...it feels a little kardashian to me.

I did. We went to Paris at Christmas and I took a few of my favorite pictures from each day and put them on the blog for both our families. They were excited to see the pics and it took me about 10 minutes a day. It's really not a big deal.

As for intimate moments, we were just fine. I mean, you can only have sex so many times a day.

I'm of the opinion that Whitney is currently having fun playing fundie wife. So I don't think they were sneaking off to have sex before they were married, and I don't think they've secretly left the lifestyle and are just putting on a face to the world while hiding it from their parents. I think Whitney is enjoying feeling like one of the special chosen ones who only wears skirts and blogs about her happy fundie life. But I also think that we may see her wearing pants again within a couple years once the novelty wears off, and that they will slowly move away from the super conservative lifestyle Zach's parents lead. They will probably always be conservative Christians, but the fact that they met each other on their own and their relationship was based on genuine mutual affection says a lot. They will probably go at least fundie lite... just not quite yet.

20131219_144047%2525280%252529.jpg

Ok what do we have here? To me it looks like she slipped off her skirt, which is next to her, and is wearing appropriate pants for her hike.

I'm of the opinion that Whitney is currently having fun playing fundie wife. So I don't think they were sneaking off to have sex before they were married, and I don't think they've secretly left the lifestyle and are just putting on a face to the world while hiding it from their parents. I think Whitney is enjoying feeling like one of the special chosen ones who only wears skirts and blogs about her happy fundie life. But I also think that we may see her wearing pants again within a couple years once the novelty wears off, and that they will slowly move away from the super conservative lifestyle Zach's parents lead. They will probably always be conservative Christians, but the fact that they met each other on their own and their relationship was based on genuine mutual affection says a lot. They will probably go at least fundie lite... just not quite yet.

I completely agree with you. There is probably a certain newness to it that she is enjoying, particularly if she has only been exposed to the glamorous side of fundie lady-dom. However, as she gets further into it, she may not realize it is quite what she thought it was.

Ok what do we have here? To me it looks like she slipped off her skirt, which is next to her, and is wearing appropriate pants for her hike.

I know exactly where they are - you could do the first short part of that hike in a skirt I guess but if you want to go any longer than 10 minutes you really could NOT wear a skirt. My husband and I hiked that this summer and some parts we were practically bouldering! I wouldn't want anything to hinder my leg movement at all. It is a very beautiful but rough hike in parts.

I have to agree. I know its not right to make assumptions because we don't know much about her at all, but by what we do know, it seems plausible that the idea of an instant mega huge family is appealing to her. We know the family she was adopted into had a lot of kids but weren't as fundie as the Bates. If something happened to her biological family in her teens, or if she was in foster care until she was adopted as a teen, she may really want that approval and closeness of a family and what better way than to marry into a giant one. Instant family. I only base this on what I have seen from those I know who had rough childhoods and went this route. If this is the case, I can see her being really eager to please the new inlaws.

I have to agree. I know its not right to make assumptions because we don't know much about her at all, but by what we do know, it seems plausible that the idea of an instant mega huge family is appealing to her. We know the family she was adopted into had a lot of kids but weren't as fundie as the Bates. If something happened to her biological family in her teens, or if she was in foster care until she was adopted as a teen, she may really want that approval and closeness of a family and what better way than to marry into a giant one. Instant family. I only base this on what I have seen from those I know who had rough childhoods and went this route. If this is the case, I can see her being really eager to please the new inlaws.

I'd bet the novelty is going to wear off faster than some think - once they're done with the lovely honeymoon and get home and settle into everyday life, which does not involve huge incomes coming in, since unlike the Duggars they don't depend on TLC and overblown-political-internship money.

I'm gonna go ahead and hold out hope for them being fundie-lite, which I think is more likely than Chad and Erin. Looking at how Chad is holding on to Erin in some of the pictures, I have a feeling their honeymoon happiness has diminished fast.

Whitney is DEFINITELY wearing black leggings in that one pic of them and you can see the black denim skirt off to the side. Good girl! I think there's a reason all the other pics are just of Zach....

Also I"m just glad it's not all selfies anymore.

Archived