IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

You think it is a biblical foundation, not all Christians do. I think the fundie families push no touching/kissing/being alone because they are terrified of finding out that their kids don't agree with them and have decided on their own how to honor and obey God. This is less about honoring God and more about remaining in control of their adult children.

yes,it's that,and I think it's also a lot about what other ppl think of them,and the image and reputation they want to maintain.

IMHO they probably actually care less about what Zach and Whit have done bf marriage,as opposed to what their rep. is as a family,and have they/are they going to be able to maintain that.

eta: I'm surprised the Bates didn't send someone along to chaperone the honeymoon.what if they wear normal swimwear? whit in a bikini? Zach boogieboarding in swimshorts? oh the horror!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Whitney is wearing a sleeveless shirt in one of the Hawaii pictures. While I don't think she is wearing a bikini at the beach, it's possible she is wearing either a more modest two piece (like a tankini) or normal one piece swimsuit. Then again, maybe her & Zach are keeping the pictures of them wearing skimpy beachwear & sipping tropical cocktails private. What Gil & Kelly (& Gothard) don't see won't hurt them :D

It shouldn't be so noticeable, but 3 different posts with pics of both of them and NOT ONE MATCHING OUTFIT IN SIGHT!

Can't think of a blog with newly wed fundies that I've come across where this has happened. I'm going to read waaaaay to much into this fact :lol:

They look truly happy!

Maybe the honeymoon is expensive, but why not? it's their first trip as a couple, far from parents, FREE, and they are in love. I think it's great if they're spoiling themselves with fancy cars and other things they enjoy.

Even if they aren't quiverfull, they'll probably have a baby soon, so honeymoon is maybe their only "private" trip for a long time.

It shouldn't be so noticeable, but 3 different posts with pics of both of them and NOT ONE MATCHING OUTFIT IN SIGHT!

Can't think of a blog with newly wed fundies that I've come across where this has happened. I'm going to read waaaaay to much into this fact :lol:

Where? I'm not seeing pics on the Bates Family blog. An Instagram account? Please share.

I think it's strange that none of the leghumpers have commented on the Hawaii posts. Kelly usually receives at least 100 comments per post. Wonder where the fundies are hiding. Would it be too much to assume they are doing the rational thing for once and letting the lovebirds enjoy their honeymoon leghumper free?

You can find Zach and Whit's blog by googling zachandwhitney (all one word).

I think it's strange that none of the leghumpers have commented on the Hawaii posts. Kelly usually receives at least 100 comments per post. Wonder where the fundies are hiding. Would it be too much to assume they are doing the rational thing for once and letting the lovebirds enjoy their honeymoon leghumper free?

You can find Zach and Whit's blog by googling zachandwhitney (all one word).

Thank you. I guess I missed that they had their own blog!

For anyone else who missed the link their blog is zachandwhitney.blogspot.ca and their website is zachandwhitney.com (which has a picture of them in matching shirts right on the front page!)

For anyone else who missed the link their blog is zachandwhitney.blogspot.ca and their website is zachandwhitney.com (which has a picture of them in matching shirts right on the front page!)

They must have changed the picture because the pic I see is of them in completely UNmatching shirts.

Zach looks great; they both look very relaxed and happy, and I hope that all their honeymoon pictures are taken from roughly the neck up to disguise non-fundy outfits. I like to think that they are both wearing shorts in their pics!

The Bates went to Molakai & Kauai last Dec. for their 25th anniversary--looks like they stayed with ATI acquaintances & got flown around by one of them: blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/02/01/a-dream-come-true/ (one of 2 blog posts on the topic)

So its possible that Zach and Whitney are getting some free lodging, food or transportation from these folks as well.

Nothing wrong with that!

They must have changed the picture because the pic I see is of them in completely UNmatching shirts.

Whitney is wearing a jean jacket but underneath that she is wearing an orange shirt, just like Zach. You can see Whitney's orange shirt below the black bar they have on their homepage :)

Zach looks so relaxed, in fact he looks much younger!

I was thinking that very thing. He doesn't look so bloated. He looks "cleansed" for lack of a better word. Glad they are having a good time!!!!!

Where? I'm not seeing pics on the Bates Family blog. An Instagram account? Please share.

Look at the zach and whitney blog

zachandwhitney.blogspot.com/

I was thinking that very thing. He doesn't look so bloated. He looks "cleansed" for lack of a better word. Glad they are having a good time!!!!!

Maybe it's relief from years of blue b*lls?!

More pictures just posted on their blog. Although he is wearing jeans, and she's wearing a jean skirt, she's wearing a v-neck t-shirt without a layer piece under it. Woohoo!

Whitney is wearing a jean jacket but underneath that she is wearing an orange shirt, just like Zach. You can see Whitney's orange shirt below the black bar they have on their homepage :)

Oops, should have added a few words about what I meant regarding the non-matching outfits.

They did all the usual same-same dressing before the wedding, used the perfect matchy-matchy pics for the courtship and engagement posts and the same for the official wedding-countdown site. But since then they aren't co-ordinating colors, patterns or the same items (him just in t-shirt and her in a cardigan if I remember correct)

As I said, I'm going to happily read too much into this (probably) 100% irrelevant "info" :)

They look happy and relaxed. I think the failed courtship worked out just fine for Zach in the end. I think he may be much happier with Whitney. It's looking to me like she'll be back in her pants in her own home if she isn't already. She's already skipping the extra shirt in the pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if she has some shorts that she's wearing when they aren't planning on photos.

They look happy and relaxed. I think the failed courtship worked out just fine for Zach in the end. I think he may be much happier with Whitney. It's looking to me like she'll be back in her pants in her own home if she isn't already. She's already skipping the extra shirt in the pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if she has some shorts that she's wearing when they aren't planning on photos.

Zach and Elizabeth spent some time together. One or both parties decided they did not want to marry, and they broke up. I wish they would just call it a dating experience. . . . a dating experience that did not end in marriage. Why does it have to be labeled a "failure." (Note: I know Abigail is not labeling it a failure -- the fundies are)

I agree with Abigail: Zach looks very happy and his second courtship relationship appears to be going VERY well! Let's hear it for dating with a purpose.

Yes, thanks for recognizing that was the fundie term not mine. I wish they could get over themselves and feeling so precious and realize it's dating with chaperones and no more dangerous or no more safe for their hearts than anything else. If their hearts aren't involved, then they probably should end the relationship.

I need to post more since I don't like being a "purity baller."

Archived