IGNORED

Best & Worst Fundie Wedding Dresses

MissBitters

He's the spawn of Stevehovah so no shockers there.

It doesn't look like he gets a lot of photography gigs. I personally know several wedding photographers and as a rule they are a lot busier than this, so he probably loses a lot of business from the get-go because of his rules. Either they don't call him or they drop him from consideration early on.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh poor Dovey and Mark. I did some fb snooping and am confident in saying they are NOT fundies. Someone on some side of the family must be, hence the wedding, but Dovey and Mark---nope.

In fact, her fb cover photo looks like it has a wiccan symbol on it (though I'm not real well versed in those, so correct me if I'm wrong).

That woman with the satin shirt under her gown. I feel bad for her, it is a nice, modest dress to BEGIN with, it just would have shown a tiny bit of shoulder. My goodness.

Her header has to do with the anime series Hellsing, not Wicca - which is still absolutely NOT fundie in any way, shape, or form!

OK, I just looked at the most recent wedding on Christopher Maxwell's site. I shouldn't have, but unfortunately, what has been seen cannot be unseen. :shock: :shock:

The groom looks old enough to be the bride's father. Actually, her father looks a little younger than her husband. The pictures of them kissing are totally squicking me OUT. :disgust:

Carry on.

ETA: sorry if someone already mentioned this earlier in the thread and I missed it or forgot

I just have to share somewhere that the aforementioned groom has a (public) Facebook that contains the following, amazing, Maxwell-esque photo caption:

My loving Joy and I standing under, what we commonly call, a maple tree.

That's all.

I just have to share somewhere that the aforementioned groom has a (public) Facebook that contains the following, amazing, Maxwell-esque photo caption:

That's all.

:lol:

Too bad he's already married -- he could whisk Sarah Maxwell away to a life where they go on "what some might call a vacation" and stand under "what we commonly call, a maple tree!"

I guess we uncommonly call it an acer.

Ok, so on Christopher Maxwell's photography site I'm looking at the Jubiliena/Viktor wedding photos. I'm trying to figure out what their deal is...they are kind of Mennonite looking, but it's not ticking off all the conservative Mennonite boxes either. Not Amish either (though some of the guests appear to be Amish). Are they faux Mennonite, like Tabby (sans the Messianic part of course)?

Plenty of fundies still believe that makeup is only for prostitutes and other Jezebels.

Or simply that there is no reason to improve or correct what God has already made perfect, not everything they do comes from a negative place.

Or simply that there is no reason to improve or correct what God has already made perfect, not everything they do comes from a negative place.

That's not common, though. There are plenty of haircuts, and all the gothardites get perms because it turns gothard on.

dolcecigno ... I heard or read somewhere that designers prefer sleeveless wedding dresses, as sleeves are complicated. So, less dress, but not lower cost.

Sleeves are also very unflattering unless you have great upper arms. I was determined to go with some sort of sleeve to cover my upper arms, but the first wedding dress shop I went to, the lady said, pretty much "let me show you something". I looked magnificent in my strapless dress. Making sure you don't have a roll at the back would be a function of cut and size.

The very ugliest style are the fishtail things popular at the moment. So unflattering!

Being a bride in a white dress at a wedding with guests is the very opposite of modest. If they were modest they'd have it a 9am on a Tuesday with just their parents in attendance.

Plenty of fundies still believe that makeup is only for prostitutes and other Jezebels.

I hate the lack of makeup too, especially when it's a bare face and then someone smudges on some eye shadow and some sloppy lipstick- looks far more like a prostitute then some good foundation/powder, a bit of blush, some natural eye makeup and light lip stain or gloss. I agree, it doesn't look formal at all without good hair and makeup - I just looked at some Morton wedding pictures and with the flash they all look they just finished farming and their cheeks are all flushed and it just looks sloppy sloppy sloppy. I think it's why we're all so enthralled with Erin's wedding - her hair and makeup actually look pretty damn good in the pictures.

I hate how makeup feels on my face, and for a formal dress I wouldn't wear much more than some lip gloss (I hate lipstick) and maybe a little blush. No eyeshadow (I think it's pointless with my glasses and don't really like how it feels, anyway) and whatnot. I think I tend to look fine without it, and may very well go all natural on my wedding day.

I didn't have a problem with the minimal (or lack of) makeup at the Morton wedding. It was a July outdoor wedding in Alabama. I'm from the south and I hate wearing even the smallest amount of makeup during the summer because of the humidity and heat. They would've looked much worse with their makeup running from sweat!

Archived