IGNORED

Best & Worst Fundie Wedding Dresses

MissBitters

I don't think she looks as young as 12-but she doesn't look very bright. There's something off about her. Like there is with Priscilla.

balyeats.com/amanda.html

I found the Balyeat's blog. One of her eyes is either incredibly 'lazy' or blind.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

balyeats.com/amanda.html

I found the Balyeat's blog. One of her eyes is either incredibly 'lazy' or blind.

I was wondering if she is not almost completely blind. My mother has a degenerative eye disease and this girl's eyes remind me of my moms. If you look at her pictures her good eye is never really looking at the camera, let alone the one that seems to have something wrong. Also it seems that in most of the pictures someone is holding on to her, like they are guiding her.

I was wondering if she is not almost completely blind. My mother has a degenerative eye disease and this girl's eyes remind me of my moms. If you look at her pictures her good eye is never really looking at the camera, let alone the one that seems to have something wrong. Also it seems that in most of the pictures someone is holding on to her, like they are guiding her.

In early pictures, both eyes track, and she is clearly looking at the camera or at something else, focused on it.

So maybe it was something degenerative and progressive.

Also, there are recent-looking pictures of her driving and using power tools to build, so it seems she sees well enough for that.

So maybe it was something degenerative and progressive.

must be. her eyes are normal in her childhood photos and then the right one gets progressively lazier as she gets older. Poor girl. She looks genuinely happy in all her pictures though.

ETA: and it seems her husband (who is really growing into his looks, hubba hubba! balyeats.com/uploads/1/6/7/7/16771912/6466100_orig.jpg) have two boys already.

Monica Brown's dress was beautiful. ampersandphoto.net/2010/04/davidmonica-wedding.html

When I read the url I was expecting this David and Monica:

monicaanddavid.com

Different couple entirely! (Yeah, I know, they're common names.)

must be. her eyes are normal in her childhood photos and then the right one gets progressively lazier as she gets older. Poor girl. She looks genuinely happy in all her pictures though.

ETA: and it seems her husband (who is really growing into his looks, hubba hubba! balyeats.com/uploads/1/6/7/7/16771912/6466100_orig.jpg) have two boys already.

He does look much better in that photo. I'm actually surprised they only have 2 children. I have acquaintances from undergrad who are less fundie but have at least 2 kids. Obviously they don't need to have more kids but they've been married 4 1/2 years, I'd assume they have another on the way or will soon.

I'm pretty sure Dovey & Mark (?) were high school sweet hearts who got busy one summer and found themselves in a bit of trouble. It looks to me like her mother or grandmother stepped up and organised that wedding on a dime and about 3minutes notice and Dovey was just railroaded into complying. I have no idea if she wanted to marry him or not but looking at her FB page, I'm pretty comfortable saying that that's not the kind of wedding she would have organised. I think no one cared about anything much other than getting them all married and respectable as soon as they possibly could.

I had a similar wedding. The whole thing was our of my control and being the brainwashed kid I was, I thought I had to comply. Thank god, my mother has better taste and a slightly bigger bank account so the wedding itself could have worse. (The marriage on the other hand...)

Oh that makes sense ,she looks pregnant. Poor thing :(

I was on Christopher Maxwell's website and I looked at Viktor & Jubilena. The dress is awful, it looks like an an old coverlet that I used to have. He makes the church look ominous in every photo and none of the brides have sleeveless, strapless, or halter dresses on. Christopher Maxwell's could be the fundie Terry Richardson from the looks of his pictures. :ew:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I also say the same for strapless gowns. I've been to more weddings where the strapless top was doing the bride's rear view no favors. I'll take a swath of plain, even frumpy, fabric any day.

2899119412.jpg

Yes, then there is this.....

Regarding sleeveless dresses, I have to say that as a recent bride, it's very hard to find many flattering and affordable styles featuring sleeves. I was determined to not go sleeveless in the beginning of my dress search, but my options were limited to cap sleeves or long, lacy Kate Middleton sleeves, neither of which I was particularly fond of on me. I did end up choosing a sleeveless dress and while it's not a style I wear in my every day life, I chose to embrace it for my wedding. I disagree that a sleeveless dress is immodest (barring there is no visible cleavage), and if a dress is well tailored, it won't be falling down all night... I'm petite and small chested and did not have this problem at all.

I think part of the allure of strapless dresses is that there's something very glamorous and current 'Hollywood' about them... As most brides feel it is their one day to shine, I'm not surprised that it's a very popular choice... And while I agree that it may not flatter all body types, I've found that it's mostly a matter of fit than style... My sister-in-law is a larger girl and I was concerned at first when she said she wanted to go strapless, but with expert alterations and finding the right silhouette, she rocked the dress and looked stunning. Just my two cents.

dolcecigno ... I heard or read somewhere that designers prefer sleeveless wedding dresses, as sleeves are complicated. So, less dress, but not lower cost.

I was on Christopher Maxwell's website and I looked at Viktor & Jubilena. The dress is awful, it looks like an an old coverlet that I used to have. He makes the church look ominous in every photo and none of the brides have sleeveless, strapless, or halter dresses on. Christopher Maxwell's could be the fundie Terry Richardson from the looks of his pictures. :ew:

Christopher has criteria that must be met in order for him to bless you with his photography skillz at your wedding. Modest dresses for the bride and bridesmaids are among his requirements. sleevelss, strapless & halter dresses are too immodest for poor Chris. He might fall down in tears like his father at seeing a woman's skin and then how could he take pictures?

christophermaxwell.com/wedding-information.htm

Christopher has criteria that must be met in order for him to bless you with his photography skillz at your wedding. Modest dresses for the bride and bridesmaids are among his requirements. sleevelss, strapless & halter dresses are too immodest for poor Chris. He might fall down in tears like his father at seeing a woman's skin and then how could he take pictures?

christophermaxwell.com/wedding-information.htm

There was a post on the Maxwells a while back about his criteria for a couple to be lucky enough to receive the honor of his services. Only fundie weddings with no dancing no drinking no fun etc etc and yeah, it's ridiculous.

It seems that once a month somewhere in the FJ boards the anti-strapless dress comes about. I wore one for my wedding over a year ago (I'm very petite) and trust me, the problem half the time isn't the dress style itself but bad alterations and bad undergarments (hence any fat squeezing out over the tops). And that picture with the bridesmaids in the pew - I've never even been to a wedding where the bridesmaids aren't standing up there at the altar with the bride, I know it's more of a Catholic thing and it's more rare. And hey, they could be wearing halter dresses or another style that ends up looking backless, so it's not just strapless dresses that do that. Basically, stop the strapless dress hate!

No Sunday weddings

â—¦ First wedding for bride and/or groom

â—¦Valid marriage license

â—¦ No alcohol

â—¦ No dancing

â—¦Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

I wonder what he would say if someone called to book him, for their modestly dressed, no drinking or dancing, gay wedding. There is no requirement that there is both a bride and a groom. As long as neither of them have been married before and they live in a state where they can get an official marriage license, they should be fine ;)

It says bride and/or groom's first wedding.

Does that mean that it could be the bride's first wedding, but the groom's sixth? Unless and/or means that they would allow it for someone who was married before if there was a good reason-like their partner dying, as long as the other person hasn't been married before. But isn't that unfair over two people who met through the shared experience of their partner dying, like at a support group or something, and want to get married?

He runs (overpriced) online workshops through OneTonRamp. I think the photography gig is just a supplement to his income.

I think they get by on a fairly small incomr-the house is paid for, they don't have health insurance and they only have one child to feed (at this point). Besides, NR Anna looks pretty capable of running the household on the smell of an oily tag. I wonder how they'll be in ten years though, when there are eight kids and their IT skills are really, really out of date.

So Christopher will happily photograph your wedding as long as you arrange your entire wedding to his liking and on his personal terms. Nice.

It's exactly how all weddings should be organized, right? Everything should be arranged to the liking of an outsider who is only tangentially involved in the proceedings. :roll:

See, they all look lovely in that pic. Why aren't they allowed to look nice at their wedding.

Especailly, why no makeup? I don't wear makeup, but it's pretty much essential to look right in a formal dress.

So Christopher will happily photograph your wedding as long as you arrange your entire wedding to his liking and on his personal terms. Nice.

It's exactly how all weddings should be organized, right? Everything should be arranged to the liking of an outsider who is only tangentially involved in the proceedings. :roll:

He's the spawn of Stevehovah so no shockers there.

See, they all look lovely in that pic. Why aren't they allowed to look nice at their wedding.

Especailly, why no makeup? I don't wear makeup, but it's pretty much essential to look right in a formal dress.

Plenty of fundies still believe that makeup is only for prostitutes and other Jezebels.

Archived