IGNORED

Best & Worst Fundie Wedding Dresses

MissBitters

Wow, just spent some time at the Seppis blog and some of these dresses are depressing.

I found this on particularly bad because us bigger girls cannot catch a break melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2008/11/david-stacie-lang-johnson-reformation.html

I actually thought this dress was beautiful, but I don't think they are strict fundies since there was a garter toss and dancing at the wedding

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2012/10/alisa-anthony.html

The Seppis are dancing and you cannot get fundier. They do old fashion dancing; a lot of these Vision Forums do that. There are many shades of fundy.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's some pretty awful ones on Integrity Service Photography. Andrew Glick, whose company it is, married one of the Lilies of the Field girls a few years ago. Andrew and Cristi now have a photography business.

integrityservice.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/blog-post_6351.html Brings a whole new meaning to plain. Mennonite maybe?

Same website 3.bp.blogspot.com/_XytlPEWQ3mQ/S5q27vVs4WI/AAAAAAAAAIM/mdnPKip9Lt4/s1600-h/IMG_8253.JPG Another cape dress wedding dress. Very modest.

If you go through the archives there, there are lots of plain, extremely modest, cape dress wedding dresses.

Complete with OFF WHITE old lady flats from Payless. I have all the sads.

Going OT here because I don't think I am able to start a new thread yet.

I opened the Seppi page to see the wedding dresses everyone is talking about and found a post of world class ignorance. The post is a response to a news article about a girl who died from from anaphalactic shock. The parents administered Benedryl and three epi pens but weren't able to save the child. The reaction was caused by a peanut allergy and the theme of the article was that people needed to be more aware of the problems of severe allergic reactions.

Apparently reading comprehension is not taught at the Seppi SOTDT. Melody Seppi (not sure if this is the mom or one of their kids) posts this article and then comments on how dangerous epi pens are. She suggests using tincture of lobelia instead. Seriously?? To treat anaphalactic shock? How about leeches? Or maybe blood letting? :angry-banghead:

Oh poor Dovey and Mark. I did some fb snooping and am confident in saying they are NOT fundies. Someone on some side of the family must be, hence the wedding, but Dovey and Mark---nope.

In fact, her fb cover photo looks like it has a wiccan symbol on it (though I'm not real well versed in those, so correct me if I'm wrong).

That woman with the satin shirt under her gown. I feel bad for her, it is a nice, modest dress to BEGIN with, it just would have shown a tiny bit of shoulder. My goodness.

I did some looking on fb to see what I could find out about Dovey, and I agree she's definitely not fundie. The condition of their home (I assume) is upsetting to me, they almost seem like hoarders.

I did some looking on fb to see what I could find out about Dovey, and I agree she's definitely not fundie. The condition of their home (I assume) is upsetting to me, they almost seem like hoarders.

I looked them up on facebook because of your post and I agree. The condition of that house is upsetting. It's not just cluttered, it also looks dirty. I feel bad for their baby.

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I am not a professional seamstress but a good amateur and it takes some effort and patience to make a decently shaped, fitting and neatly sewed dress.

As a good amateur as well, I can second this. It takes lots of work to make a dress that fits well and looks good. And as someone who has made a couple of wedding dresses, most of the effort goes into the fit, checking it before the dress is even sewn by making a "muslin" or mock up first. That takes time but is really worth it if one desires a decently fitted dress.

However, given the short timeframe on most fundie weddings, there's probably not enough time to spend on making a decently fitting dress if there's money/willingness to do so.

I'm in agreement with a previous poster - I would rather look at a plain, Mennonite, cape-dress, headcovering wedding any day than one more Pnina bead-encrusted hoochie-mama monstrosity.

I'm in agreement with a previous poster - I would rather look at a plain, Mennonite, cape-dress, headcovering wedding any day than one more Pnina bead-encrusted hoochie-mama monstrosity.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I also say the same for strapless gowns. I've been to more weddings where the strapless top was doing the bride's rear view no favors. I'll take a swath of plain, even frumpy, fabric any day.

Preach. :dance:

nope nope nope. That homemade hentai she's got on her facebook is a definite no to fundiedom.

I've always wondered about people with their facebook this open. Do they just not get it? Or don't they care?

Perhaps it is nice to see the photos of an atheist wedding.

I love the bridal gown and the sarees, all very elegant!

/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/11/08/it-happened-and-i-have-the-pics-to-prove-it/#disqus_thread

lest we forget the travesty of Rebecca K and her sister's bridesmaids dresses and their mom's dress when they renewed their vows. Nightmarish.

Not the best, but we tend to give Rebecca K. a pass as she tries.

I think there is a difference between ridiculous dresses for made up modesty reasons and lack of money. Even though lots of things can be done with less money you have to have the acumen to know where to get it. So I sort of forgive Rebecca eleventy and many for that reason,

Oh man the Dagley wedding that's been referenced. I agree they both look happy but that is....some dress. Also are they like 14? They look young, even for Fundies.

OMG this thread is a gold mine and I LOVE the links! I agree on the western-themed wedding (from Seppi) blog not being too bad - they looks so happy! Dovey, OTOH, appears like she chose the blue eyeshadow because she doesn't want to later be recognized in the photos….

Gustava -- you would have HATED my wedding dress, which wasn't a wedding dress at all. :) It was a thin, silk evening gown that was a vneck down to about my nipple line and a scoop back almost down to my crack (it had a horizontal strip across the back. I KNOW that many of DH's fundie family thought it was scandalous (and the dancing and drinking, too) but I felt SO beautiful in it! And since I was at that 150lbs for about five minutes, I had to show it off!! HAHA! :)

Oh man the Dagley wedding that's been referenced. I agree they both look happy but that is....some dress. Also are they like 14? They look young, even for Fundies.

I agree, they both look shockingly young. The girl looks like she's barely 13. The boy, maybe 16. I'm sure in reality they're older than that, but wow! Anyone know how old they actually were?

Hm, I thought she was about 20....

It's the genes. She actually looks as if she could be closely related to me. When I was approaching 20 I had someone at the bus stop ask "are the schools off today?" because they assumed I was 15.

Given various possible facets of the lifestyle - no alcohol, little make-up, no sunbathing, maybe even no coffee - she could easily be 23.

(I find I like the people in this wedding. Must remember not to find out anything about them...)

My scanner appears to be not working (boo). I would have shown you a picture of my wedding as Exhibit A. The oldest bridesmaid was a month off her 30th birthday and looks 10 years younger. The groom is 25 and looks about 17.

The bride was 17 when she got married, he was older. They planned to live in a trailer and move around the country touring with his family who has some kind of band or ministry. (If I remember it correctly, can't google now.)

Most things on their wedding registry was food. As in "one can of Pringles" and "bag of shredded cheese".

I wonder how many blessings they have now.

I like the photo of them where she is wearing a long Little House on the Prarie-y dress, not the wedding dress. It looked great on her and they do look very much in love.

^^ This! Yes, a lot of the dresses may be plain and rather boring, but in ten or fifty years the family can probably look at the wedding photos without cringing. Simple and classic can never go wrong.

Archived