IGNORED

SarahM has a BIG announcement on Monday!

Justme

Another blog post up...the little ones played at Auntie's park and Bethany had a sparkle in her eye. Whoopie! Anna wrote it this time. Tell me if this sentence makes grammatical sense...Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed a wonderful outside Aunties’ playtime that included much laughter, joy, running, and games

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another blog post up...the little ones played at Auntie's park and Bethany had a sparkle in her eye. Whoopie! Anna wrote it this time. Tell me if

this sentence makes grammatical sense...Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed a wonderful outside Aunties’ playtime that included much laughter, joy, running, and gamesAnother blog post up...the little ones played at Auntie's park and Bethany had a sparkle in her eye. Whoopie! Anna wrote it this time. Tell me if this sentence makes grammatical sense...Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed a wonderful outside Aunties’ playtime that included much laughter, joy, running, and games

I realize there are folks here who are probably Rhodes Scholar's from their opinions on education, but this is no worse than 90% of the undergraduate papers I read daily........... Americans do not learn grammar and can't write. There are exceptions, but as a general rule.....

Another blog post up...the little ones played at Auntie's park and Bethany had a sparkle in her eye. Whoopie! Anna wrote it this time. Tell me if

I realize there are folks here who are probably Rhodes Scholar's from their opinions on education, but this is no worse than 90% of the undergraduate papers I read daily........... Americans do not learn grammar and can't write. There are exceptions, but as a general rule.....

*weeping hysterically* How anyone could be allowed out of middle school, let alone high school, with writing like that makes me want to hurl myself out a window head first. (Full disclosure: I used to teach college-level for-credit ESL writing courses, and learned that the ESL division had higher standards than the regular English department did.)

I think Anna's writing is worse than Sarah's.

I think it's just a younger version of Sarah's. Anna doesn't have the experience of being a published author, so she's a bit green. She'll get there someday and be just as - ahem - talented as Sarah!

And what is adorable little Bethie looking forward to for Christmas??? A Moody book... :cry: No beautiful tree or stockings, no new doll or stuffed animal, just a poorly written book...

And what is adorable little Bethie looking forward to for Christmas??? A Moody book... :cry: No beautiful tree or stockings, no new doll or stuffed animal, just a poorly written book...

Soo sad that's what she is looking forward to (she's 3). Also the Maxwell's don't do trees. I wonder if Melanie's family does a tree.

It's either a lie that she actually said that or she's already brainwashed to know there are "right" answers to every question.

I was actually expecting her response to be something about celebrating the birth of the baby jesus. That fact it was something else, even if it was a moody book pleased me. Surely she will get a lecture at home after Nathan reads the blog post.....

Soo sad that's what she is looking forward to (she's 3). Also the Maxwell's don't do trees. I wonder if Melanie's family does a tree.

They did an Easter egg hunt last year or the year before. So hopefully those girls will get to experience presents under the tree. (Poor Baby Joshua doesn't have a chance!)

Their little nieces are so cute :( But at least they only have Steve as a grandfather, and he only cares about the baby boy anyway.

They did an Easter egg hunt last year or the year before. So hopefully those girls will get to experience presents under the tree. (Poor Baby Joshua doesn't have a chance!)

I wonder if in a few years Nathan's kids r going to notice the difference between their 2 sets of grandparents & ask questions.

Their little nieces are so cute :( But at least they only have Steve as a grandfather, and he only cares about the baby boy anyway.

No matter Steve's faults, he seems to genuinely love those little girls. There is not a single picture of Steve with the girls in which he does not looked enthralled and full of love for them. There's plenty to snark on Steve about without making stuff up.

No matter Steve's faults, he seems to genuinely love those little girls. There is not a single picture of Steve with the girls in which he does not looked enthralled and full of love for them. There's plenty to snark on Steve about without making stuff up.

I agree. As much as I think Stevie is a control freak in every sense, I have never seen him in a photo with any of his grandchildren that he wasn't genuinely delighted over them. It's sort of the creepy side of Steve since he isn't normally portrayed that way.

And since Steve is on record as saying he loves his children so much he doesn't trust them, I don't think Steve loving his grand daughters us actually a good thing. In Steve's world, loving means wanting the best for them, and wanting the best for them means making extra specially sure they don't go to hell when they die, and making sure they don't to to hell when they die means the same, fucked up life the Maxwells lead. Steve's love=/= a good thing.

So they play airplanes, yet they will never fly due to the defrauding airport scanners.

They played restaurant hostess and wait staff too when they made Nathan and Melanie that anniversary dinner a while back. But we know they'll never be allowed to work in a restaurant or hold any job outside the home.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read it and it made me laugh. In the blog post about the Ladies' Brunch, someone left a comment asking how they invited the guests... do they invite everyone on the street or just ladies they know? Stevie's response is: "At first those we knew and then expanding to others. The invitations have been cards in the mail."

Considering only three showed up (hahaha) that tells me that the ones they know likely got the invite and suddenly remembered they 'had doctor's appointments' so the Maxwells had to branch out to strangers. Bet those three strangers won't make the same mistake next year! I predict a lot of mystery illnesses to hit Maxhellville around Ladies' Brunch time!

I looked at the pics of the previous brunches and two of three have attend both and the third was at last year's gathering. I'm not sure of their respective motivations, but they all knew what they were getting themselves into (which us probably why Mrs J brought her own supplies).

I looked at the pics of the previous brunches and two of three have attend both and the third was at last year's gathering. I'm not sure of their respective motivations, but they all knew what they were getting themselves into (which us probably why Mrs J brought her own supplies).

Maybe those three are just really, really unlucky at 'rock, paper, scissors' when the neighborhood ladies get together to decide which few will accept the invite? Or they just feel so sorry for the girls that they go to be kind. I really can't believe they truly go because they WANT to because we have all seen how exciting a Maxwell gathering is, after all.

Archived