IGNORED

SarahM has a BIG announcement on Monday!

Justme

Something to do with the 10th anniversary of "The Moody's" and the title "Christmas comes to Sunflower"...

:nenner::nenner:

Oh my, I just can't wait!! I'm guessing she's writing another book! :dance:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, if only it had something to do with telling Steve and Teri she's striking out on her own... :pray:

To kick off a celebration of the Moody Family Series’ ten year anniversary, the Lord gave an awesome idea. What’s the idea? I’ll give you a hint with a portion of the title: “Christmas Comes to Sunflower.â€

Hang on. We’ll be announcing the, ummm, well, just watch for our announcement Monday morning. We can’t wait!

Joyfully His,

Sarah

I love how Sarah is trying so hard to sound funny, cool in that last sentence?

So the surprise is Moody related? My guesses:

- A bumper Christmas special with the Moodys - likely advertised to be THE ONLY BOOK THAT TALKS ABOUT THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!!!

- The next book is coming out soon. Could be as simple as that

- Mary has done the pictures for the book

- They are having another competition for families to win a copy

- They are having another Moody party where they, as adults, play Hide and Seek.

- The Moodys are having another baby??!?!?

- A Moody is courting?

To much to ask that this is going to be the last Moody story because Sarah is courting right?

zZzZzZzZz.....

It pisses me off so much that Sarah is basically considered an old maid in fundie land. Like some Jane Austen character who's beyond marriageable age and is relegated to playing chaperone to her younger sisters and nieces. Sarah's, what - 31? 32? In the 'outside world' she'd be in the prime of her life.

She and one of the eldest Arndt boys have somehow hooked up and they're running off together with no forwarding address. In years to come, there will be occasional sightings of one or both in San Francisco, Bora Bora, and Key West. Their income will come from the tell-alls they pen, both as individual authors and jointly.

Its probably not that she is leaving the Maxwell cult. Or that she is getting married :(

I really want Sarah to get some sort of life.

Ooh, maybe it'll come with a COLORING BOOK!

Or CHRISTMAS STICKERS.

And the only colour crayon that comes with it is beige.

And the only colour crayon that comes with it is beige.

Or white.

Stickers might cause sin, I suppose... :penguin-no:

OMG, I can't wait! I bet it's a slightly discounted collectors edition of all the Moody books when you buy the next one...Winter Days with the Moody's or Christmas with the Moody's or whatever other uninspiring, redundant title they've come up with this time around. I am so on that.

Not.

Any time a Maxwell tries to create suspense, talks of excitement...I pretty much shut off. They don't know the meaning of 'awesome', 'exciting', 'suspense'.

More attempts to make money off stupid people.

REAL excitement would be that Sara found herself a man, or Joseph left the fold and lived in his own house, or Steve is in ICU and it's precarious. Anything else? Usually not even a blip on the radar.

"Joyfully His" She should just write "Property of Stevehovah, Joyfully Has NOTHING To Do With It."

She and one of the eldest Arndt boys have somehow hooked up and they're running off together with no forwarding address. In years to come, there will be occasional sightings of one or both in San Francisco, Bora Bora, and Key West. Their income will come from the tell-alls they pen, both as individual authors and jointly.

I actually she and one of the Arndt boys would be perfect for each other. They aren't used to have a woman around caring for them, and all she wants is a man to be a traditional wife to, and she's had no amount of fun, while they have tons and could introduce to some interesting things (at least for her).

It'll never happen though. Cathy's white short-shorts pretty much make it an impossible match.

I actually she and one of the Arndt boys would be perfect for each other. They aren't used to have a woman around caring for them, and all she wants is a man to be a traditional wife to, and she's had no amount of fun, while they have tons and could introduce to some interesting things (at least for her).

It'll never happen though. Cathy's white short-shorts pretty much make it an impossible match.

I wonder what would happen if Sarah met an Ardnt and got to do the kind of fun stuff they do. Would she be completely traumatized and terrified by having fun and go cry to Steve about having sinned by being happy, or would she go completely overboard with excitement and want to spend the rest of her life playing with penguins and doing fun stuff and never want to dust another ceiling fan ever again.

zZzZzZzZz.....

It pisses me off so much that Sarah is basically considered an old maid in fundie land. Like some Jane Austen character who's beyond marriageable age and is relegated to playing chaperone to her younger sisters and nieces. Sarah's, what - 31? 32? In the 'outside world' she'd be in the prime of her life.

As someone who married at age 38, THIS!!!!

(And hey, I owned a house free and clear whenI married, even! Take that Steve-O...)

"Hang on. We’ll be announcing the, ummm, well, just watch for our announcement Monday morning. We can’t wait!"

Sarah!! Steve will be soooo disappointed for you using filler words like "ummm" in conversation!!!

The Lord has laid it upon Steve's heart to open his very own, exclusive nunnery. Guess who will be taking the first vows? As of Monday, Sarah will officially be known as Sister Sarah.

Let's play 20 questions:

1. She's bought a house? No

2. She's gotten a promotion? No

3. She's starting a new job? No

4. She's gotten accepted into uni? No

5. She's moving out? No

6. She's met a nice bloke? No

7. She's met a nice woman? No

8. She's decided that she wants a baby sans bloke and just found out that the AI procedure was successful? No

9. She's going to the Bahamas with a couple of close friends over the Christmas/ NY break? No

10. The Bahamas are too expensive but she won a free weekend in a schmancy hotel in Kansas City and a couple of tickets to whatever theatrical production is so hot right now in those parts? No

11. She's decided to volunteer at her local women's shelter? No

12. She's been invited to a writer's festival? No

13. Her favourite band has just released a new album? No

14. She's decided to live downstairs with Gigi and grandpa and she's excited to spend quality time with them both before grandpa dies? No

15. One of the elderly left Sarah her a '64 Mustang in her will? It just needs picking up from (hot, single) grandson's house. No

16. She's been busy sneaking supplies out to Uriah since they got home and on Monday she and the MaxSibs are outta there? (They're aiming to be in Brazil by Christmas.) No

17. Steve's being admitted to his local psych ward on Monday. (They've found a fabulous new treatment for NPD). No

18. She finally got around to using that $250 Adultshop gift voucher Anna got her last Christmas? No.

19. Rekorderlig is releasing her favourite apple-berry spice flavour for the holiday season? No

20. They're releasing a special boxed set of the entire Moody series for Christmas, it been re-printed withary's illustrations? Probably. Oh, and Anna made rice krispie squares (she even made a secret extra batch with choccie chips but, sshhh, don't tell Steve).

I was so hoping to open this and see courtin' news.

This is so silly, but I just hate it that Anna and Mary, the shiny new reversals, will likely marry and Sarah will not. I have an odd affinity for Poor Sarah. I wish she could fulfill her dreams.

I'm still waiting for the "naysayers" part 2......

What's the matter, Stevie, run out of thoughts?!?!

He's just waiting for the FreeJingerites to provide more naysaying. Hop to it, FJ. Put on your snarkiforms and naysay away! Joseph needs another chuckle (to himself).

Notice how the Lord gave Sarah the idea behind her big news?

I'd have been more interested if it came from Satan. :angry-devil:

Archived