IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

I often wonder why more anti-choice churches do not offer low-cost day care. But of course, they only care about the babies before they are born not after.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I often wonder why more anti-choice churches do not offer low-cost day care. But of course, they only care about the babies before they are born not after.

And why is that exactly? Post-borns are cuter and far more responsive than embryos and fetuses.

Is it possible that they don't really give a fuck about babies at any stage of development? Could it actually all be about controlling the womenfolk and preventing them from asserting autonomy over even their own bodies?

yeah, I kinda think that's it.

It's all about control and submission with these morons. J'Chelle and Anna both stare with glazed eyes at their men. It's scary. Why do they think that they're setting some great example by doing whatever their husband wants?

Actually, most of the daycares around here ARE associated with churches...many at least fundie-lite. Hell, even the local Catholic churches/schools all have preschools and daycares. They must be reasonably priced, because my cousin sends her daughter to the Catholic one, though I'm sure they get the "good churchgoer" discount. The ones at the other churches are mostly reasonable...certainly not obscenely priced like the private daycares seem to be. My oldest was very briefly in daycare when I worked out of the home between the time when my aunt stopped watching her because it was too much of a burden on her day, even though she volunteered and to watch her for me and I paid her, to when I finished my medical transcription course and got my job at home. It was maybe 1-2 months, if that. I did end up taking her to a church-associated day care because they were affordable and seemed well-ran, plus it was close to my job.

I hate to tell you, but that kind of subsidized care is a fantasy in some places. You don't get it. There is paperwork for miles and there can be months of waiting.

It's nice in theory, but like Communism, doesn't really work.

The ideal is never going to happen but the US could do a hell of a lot better. There are plenty of countries where abortions are much easier to obtain AND much less common. Compared to other developed countries the US's rate of unplanned pregnancy and abortion are unmatched.

Things will never change if we don't stand up and speak up loudly and proudly...not just for ourselves but for the future generations of women. Do we really want to condemn them to the anti-choice tidal waves we are seeing now?

You know what? You're completely right. I'm really going to try & do better. But sometimes (like with my husband's family or other circles) I know I won't be changing any minds, so why alienate them.

Edited bc I submitted before I was ready.

(That's what she said.)

The ideal is never going to happen but the US could do a hell of a lot better. There are plenty of countries where abortions are much easier to obtain AND much less common. Compared to other developed countries the US's rate of unplanned pregnancy and abortion are unmatched.

Yes that's exactly what I was trying to get across. There are many social and financial and even medical supports that could lower abortion rates by masking it so women didn't feel they had to choose between a child and a future, or that they could not provide a future for the child due to lack of money. I think its unfortunate that not only are these services extremely limited in the U.s., but that there is a stigma attached.

Of course some women might still choose abortion, but many would not if sufficient resources were easily attainable.

And were provided with education and means to minimise unplanned pregnancy to begin with.

What do the developed nations with low abortion rates do better than the US?

1. Give women the dignity to make their own health decisions.

2. Give women access to contraceptives.

3. Provide real education to children and teenagers about having sex in a safe and healthy way.

4. Provide social support to ppl who find themselves in less than brilliant circumstances.

All countries are imperfect (some more than others) but the fact is that the US (as a whole) is a long way behind in all of these and a high abortion rate is one result.

3_thumb.jpg

Boob in shorts!

80_thumb.jpg

Josiah in shorts/swim trunks

photo-5_thumb.jpg

JD jet skiing in jeans (even though Boob and Josiah wore shorts)

My legs get as much exposure to the sun and defoliation (ie NONE) as Jim Bob's, and they sure as shit don't look like that. He is WHITE.

I'm pleased Josiah doesn't feel compelled to be quite as much of a slave to fundie fashion rules as does big brother.

Is JimBob wearing socks in that picture? (Like knee-highs?) Because his legs can not possible be that white, can they?? :o

Standing next to pale, pale Jim Boob, Gil looks like his legs have been chopped off. He's short and wearing capris . . . If Gil can wear capris, how come his girls can't?

Is JimBob wearing socks in that picture? (Like knee-highs?) Because his legs can not possible be that white, can they?? :o

Likely an overexposure/flash effect from the camera.

It looks as though he's wearing white knee socks. The hem on one side of the shorts appears as if it's tucked into the top of one sock. Is he really that determined to not show any skin? How strange! :cray-cray:

My legs get as much exposure to the sun and defoliation (ie NONE) as Jim Bob's, and they sure as shit don't look like that. He is WHITE.

Maybe he's got white nylons on so that he doesn't defraud the other men with his studliness. :wink-kitty:

Sorry to break it to you all but some of us really are WHITE! Some of us even put effort into remaining white. (I usually dress Goth but I'm not into makeup so I put effort into keeping my skin as pale as possible.)

My big problem with these photos is not JBs suntan/lack of tan but with seeing that the boys are allowed to wear activity-appropriate clothing and knowing the girls aren't.

When I use rare I mean that birth control should be free/cheap/easily available. So many of "pro-life" people are totally against any government help for women who don't want to be pregnant or for women who get pregnant but feel like they can't afford to care for a child. I think that if we had measures in place to support women who don't want to be pregnant to prevent pregnancy in the first place and support women who want to continue a pregnancy but needs assistance abortion would be much rarer.

I'm not sure if that is what fullmetal meant or not, but when I use the term rare that is what I am meaning.

This is what I meant.

And also, yeah, I am about that pasty white. :lol:

Yeah, I also possess a pasty, fishy-underbelly skin tone.

Maybe the wet shorts are just stuck to his leg in an odd fold. Makes more sense than wearing diabetic support hose out for a swim. ;)

There's nothing bad with being light skinned, I'm pale too! But in this particular pic, the comparison of arms/face and legs is just hilarious! Like construction workers, they also tend to have a "pale shirt" when they undress ;)

And the fact that the boys always get to do fun stuff in comfy clothes while girls sit knees closed is enraging. I would prefer to drive a quad in the mud and not drink tea out of hideous flowery ladylike cups.

It's all about control and submission with these morons. J'Chelle and Anna both stare with glazed eyes at their men. It's scary. Why do they think that they're setting some great example by doing whatever their husband wants?

They're just emulating Nancy Reagan and the way she used to stare worshipfully at her husband. I used to wonder if she was actually scrutinizing his face for microscopic basal cell carcinomas.

Is it me or the Duggars' modesty standards are being progressively lowered? Some of the girls' tees are thighter than ever before, and I see lower necklines and cap sleeves that barely cover their shoulders. I'm not saying that all the girls are wearing such defrauding clothes all the time, but it's a tendency I've seen more and more often in the latest seasons. Michelle wrote in her blog that some of the girls had stricter modesty standards than others and if you compare Jana with Jessa you can tell the eldest sister is still wearing pretty much the same kind of 'modern modest' clothes as 4 years ago, while Jessa is showing more and more skin every day (for fundie standards, that is).

Archived