IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

Hi all

I'm a long time lurker so I'm sorry if I post anything wrong or if this has already been posted.

I just came across this video featuring Jana and Erin Bates, it's an interview after journey to the heart posted 27th Oct '13, so just before the wedding.

livingthejourney.com/2013/10/27/journey-interview-with-erin-bates-and-jana-duggar/

I think I've posted the link in the correct way, if not just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

That........... That was absolutely awful. I can only get my thoughts out in bullet points;

- poor Jana didn't talk throughout the entire 8 minute video until there were about 30 seconds left

- one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen, only ranking better than the 8th grade media students running the school's morning announcements. I mean, she would ask Erin to describe the "JOURNEY" but then go on & on answering her own question! She couldn't stop telling us how HE & the JOURNEY changed her life

- I'm leaning towards the interviewer having a thing for Erin

- they talk about God like he's their best friend down the hall from freshman year in college! I've been around a lot of fundy-lite talk, but this was getting borderline creepy. "Did He give you any verses? Yes He did actually. He really spoke to me..."

- oh, it's SOOO nice to get away from their hectic & stressful lives of being young adults, living at home, like 14-year-olds with no real jobs or college or bills, or any real-world struggle. Oh, but the Duggars DO purpose to spend time with their beastie up in heaven every morning.

I really lack any patience for this sort of shit.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet it was great though to get away from all those kids for a few days, though. May not be a real-world struggle, but it's certainly hectic and stressful to have to raise so many of your siblings

But my god, if we did this in my freshman college radio classes (this was at a Christian college but one with a well respected media program in both secular and Christian radio), our instructor would fry our heads and make us start all over. That interview SUCKED.

Please tell. Why are you shocked by it?

It's not the nicest area to live in. There are other areas that are. I wouldn't want to live in a not so good area of town with my children especially if my husband was "working" and commuting a large portion of the day.

Please don't let it be Amy on the new reality show Chasing Nashville.

I was thinking that is probably exactly what is happening. She keeps talking about this new opportunity she is getting plus she said she won't be on the Duggar's show anymore. It would make sense that if she is doing another show for another network they would not want her appearing on 19 kids and counting.

Congratulations Josh Duggar! Following in his father's footsteps, he has made it to "Crooks & Liars" for saying that the left-wing were making Satanic salutes (?) and chanting "Hail Satan".

http://crooksandliars.com/mike-lux/sata ... eseriously

You have to watch the video to see him, in the article he is just referred to as a Christian comrade.

DHYu9qAiYw8

People were chanting "hail satan" over his pro life bullshit. I demand video.

The audacity of a woman to decide something about her own body? Fuck you, josh. Just fuck you. :music-tool:

Who the fuck let josh be a moderator? I mean, seriously, how is someone with no experience or education "running" a panel? What gives him any kind of authority or experience besides being the first of many duggars?

edited to fix embed

DHYu9qAiYw8

People were chanting "hail satan" over his pro life bullshit. I demand video.

The audacity of a woman to decide something about her own body? Fuck you, josh. Just fuck you. :music-tool:

Who the fuck let josh be a moderator? I mean, seriously, how is someone with no experience or education "running" a panel? What gives him any kind of authority or experience besides being the first of many duggars?

edited to fix embed

I cannot believe the "audacity" of YOU, Josh Duggar! And guess what Josh; some couples decide to abort. That's right the father, also, decides to murder the baby; not just mother's. Shut up, Josh and go back hanging out at your used car lot!

Smugger is an asshole. He'll never admit that he's a tool, and takes away the rights of women, bur he does. I'd love to know how Smugger got the cushy job he has. I bet Boob set it up for him. Smugger can't do anything on his own.

This is what Pa dugger programmed (taught) his children to do. They are just robots to be used by other fundies. They have no clue about reality and what they say how much hate they spew.

Let me ask you something, Smug-hole. What if Anna ever becomes pregnant with another M'baby, and she is unable to carry the child to term? What if the fetus dies in utero and becomes toxic, threatening Anna's life? What if she ever has cancer and has to begin chemotherapy while she is pregnant? What if she becomes pregnant with her eleventieth child by you, and simply doesn't want to have another baby because you are never around to help, instead preferring to galavant all over the United States so that you can tell other women how to live according to your personal standards? Should Anna be expected to die for your poisonous beliefs? Should she be expected to carry on alone because you are too selfish to consider her needs and feelings?

You, Josh Duggar, have no right to tell ANY woman what she should do with her body. I can personally guarantee that if you, as lazy and ignorant as you are, ever had to personally give birth to and worry about supporting any child on your own, if you ever had to think outside of your precious, one-dimensional belief system and go to college so that you would be forced to figure out how to raise that child without being supported by your father and his television show, you would feel differently.

You have no right to take autonomy and freedoms away from any group of people, especially since you have had so much handed to you on a silver platter, without having to work for anything of value at all.

Good point, Rescinded and Mended. Would Smugger choose Anna's life, or the life of his M baby?

You see, thats the problem with edjukating your kids in a cardboard box. They cant think outside of it. He has only been taught ABORTION IS MURDER. He's not allowed to think about real life, tragic circumstances that force a choice that is not optimal. They just think its college girls fucking around for fun. No Joshie, sometimes in real life shit happens.

Good point, Rescinded and Mended. Would Smugger choose Anna's life, or the life of his M baby?

Smug wouldn't choose Anna's life or his baby's---he would leave that decision up to God. I think when his mother was pregnant with Josie and things became critical; something like my above statement was uttered.

I would like to know how people like Josh and his friends propose we deal with the logistics of criminalizing all abortions.

For instances, what shall we do with women who go ahead and abort fetuses after a "heartbeat law" has been enacted? Abortion has been around forever after all, no Planned Parenthood required.

Should she face first degree murder charges? Or some lesser charge like second degree or manslaughter? If a woman is convicted of first degree murder for aborting a fetus at 8 weeks gestation, should she face the death penalty in states that allow executions for murderers? Or would that drastic a penalty be reserved for those who abort later, say at around the 24 week mark? If all heartbeats are equal under the law, what would be the legal basis for any such distinctions?

How will the state determine what's a "legitimate abortion" (i.e. miscarriage) vs. a criminal one? Should the government employee Uterine Inspectors to investigate the causes of lost pregnancies? Then again, how will the state even know whether a woman is pregnant in the first place? Should all women of child bearing age who cannot prove they've been sterilized be required to report on a monthly basis to a Pregnancy Check Minute Clinic so we can register and get all pregnancies on the government radar?

If women are to be jailed for murdering their fetuses, will men be allowed generous FMLA benefits to care for their now motherless offspring? Will orphanages be set up to care for the kids of single mothers or those who have deadbeat dads?

And what should doctors do in those sticky wicket situations (Cough...michelleduggar karensantorum....cough) where a mother might die unless a non-viable or questionably viable fetus is delivered prematurely? God's will be done, I reckon.

Anyone ever hear what their post-victory plans are?

Hail Satan! :twisted:

Smug wouldn't choose Anna's life or his baby's---he would leave that decision up to God. I think when his mother was pregnant with Josie and things became critical; something like my above statement was uttered.

I just saw that episode a few days ago, and you are correct. As someone who is pro life themselves, the way the family parades around Josie disgusts me and I'm not staunchly pro life: there are circumstances where I find abortion permissible and the "lesser of two evils" (for lack of a better term, I can't think of a better way to word it). I'm disgusted that they parade Josie around as a miracle child when it's CLEAR she still has ongoing medical issues, but they are downplaying them. I'm disgusted that they cannot see they are circumstances where yes, an abortion is fucking NECESSARY. Yes, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blah blah blah. But it's so much more then just spewing Bible verses. :pull-hair:

They don't even begin to comprehend the governmental involvement, red tape and subjective decision making that will go on if abortion is deemed to be murder. We'll have doctors being required to turn records over to review boards so women can prove they are doing everything possible to ensure a safe birth and healthy fetus. Next up -- women will be jailed for smoking, drinking or doing drugs while pregnant. Oh, and who is going to raise the other children of women who are jailed for not following the 'birth rules'?

This is a PRIVATE MATTER between the man and the woman. Third parties should but out.

All they can see is babies are pwecious gifts from God. They honestly cannot see beyond that. That's the part that disgusts me. Yeah, well, idiots, not always.

I just saw that episode a few days ago, and you are correct. As someone who is pro life themselves, the way the family parades around Josie disgusts me and I'm not staunchly pro life: there are circumstances where I find abortion permissible and the "lesser of two evils" (for lack of a better term, I can't think of a better way to word it). I'm disgusted that they parade Josie around as a miracle child when it's CLEAR she still has ongoing medical issues, but they are downplaying them. I'm disgusted that they cannot see they are circumstances where yes, an abortion is fucking NECESSARY. Yes, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blah blah blah. But it's so much more then just spewing Bible verses. :pull-hair:

I'm just confused as to how Josie is the poster child for pro-life anyway. From my google searching, most states don't allow abortions past 24 weeks, so its not even a question of "but she wuz viable outside teh woomm!!!!111!!" since was was born at 25 weeks. I mean I guess for the people saying "what if the child or mother is at risk" but I still just don't get it. Josie was a premie. Not an abortion candidate and/or survivor.

I get they want to outlaw all abortions, but all using Josie for this purpose says is "hay guys, third trimester abortions should be illleg.... oh. wait. they already are"

Just because a company is using that address, it does not mean they own that physical property. The house was for rent. Josh is renting it. It's owned by others.

Could it be being rented by the corporation Champion Motor Cars, a Duggar corporation, rather than personally by Josh and Anna? What would be the advantage?

I'm just confused as to how Josie is the poster child for pro-life anyway. From my google searching, most states don't allow abortions past 24 weeks, so its not even a question of "but she wuz viable outside teh woomm!!!!111!!" since was was born at 25 weeks. I mean I guess for the people saying "what if the child or mother is at risk" but I still just don't get it. Josie was a premie. Not an abortion candidate and/or survivor.

I get they want to outlaw all abortions, but all using Josie for this purpose says is "hay guys, third trimester abortions should be illleg.... oh. wait. they already are"

You're using logic. They lack logic. Be careful. You might make their brains explode. :pray: :dance:

You're using logic. They lack logic. Be careful. You might make their brains explode. :pray: :dance:

Ah yes, I forgot the first rule of fundies. No logic allowed!

As someone who is pro life themselves, the way the family parades around Josie disgusts me and I'm not staunchly pro life: there are circumstances where I find abortion permissible and the "lesser of two evils" (for lack of a better term, I can't think of a better way to word it).

Sorry, but I feel compelled to ask this of people who declare themselves "pro-life" (which means you are "anti-choice", after all.) Staunchly or otherwise.

Do you really think you should have a personal say in whether my abortion of a non-viable (as in completely dependent on my body for it's continued existence) fetus meets your permissibility standards? Should I have to explain my reasons for terminating my pregnancy to you or to anyone else? Where is the line drawn between acceptable and non-acceptable reasons and who gets to draw that line?

Archived