IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

The Duggars must have one of my old history schoolbooks from when I was in grade school. There was a chapter on the Civil War, and a section on how the South 'really' was back then. Apparently the male slaves worked happily in the fields while singing bible songs, and the women were thrilled to be cooking and cleaning on the main estate, while their children played happily on the grounds with the white children. And if a slave was ill, the plantation bigshot's wife would take the sick slave hot soup and pray with them until they got better.

Hell, even back then when I hadn't ever met a black person, I thought it was bullshit.

Not always true. My ex and I rented a house that was for sale, under the condition that we move out within 30 days of the house selling. We lived there almost a year, the house sold and we moved. However, when we were first told about the house we knew from the start that it was for sale.

:o :o :o :o :o :o Really!?! What stupid history book wrote this junk?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They rent the house for $2500/mo

hotpads.com/rentals/249-Panorama-Drive-Oxon-Hill-MD-20745--1bm36aesvr397

Public property records indicate a different owner. Although it is a free, google-able, public website, I have elected not to link it in order to protect the owner's privacy. But no Duggar bought it.

Who doesn't love working all day in a field for no money whatsoever? The mental gymnastics people must go through to believe crap like that is astounding!! I assume these kinds of textbooks don't have photos of the horrific scars some slaves had on their backs from being whipped. Do they even call them slaves? Because to me that word just cannot have a positive connotation.

:o :o :o :o :o :o Really!?! What stupid history book wrote this junk?

Pretty much any kids history book written before the late 60 's would have some version of this. Maybe not soooooo blatantly awful, but close. As I recall in my incredibly liberal California town in the early 70 s, they did more to cover The Underground Railroad, and slavery wasn't glorified ( frankly, I don't think there was a whole lot of coverage of the South at all ) , but there was definitely minimizing of how awful it was. They did do a pretty good job covering the horrors of Japanese Internment camps though.

There's no way Michelle could be pregnant again, right? I don't know why, but in recent pictures she's just looked kind of... well... pregnant to me. Then again, I thought the same about Anna in the pictures from Erin's wedding, and there's no way Anna would be pregnant again already... right?!

I think I must just have pregnancy on the brain for some reason.

There's no way Michelle could be pregnant again, right? I don't know why, but in recent pictures she's just looked kind of... well... pregnant to me. Then again, I thought the same about Anna in the pictures from Erin's wedding, and there's no way Anna would be pregnant again

I think I must just have pregnancy on the brain for some reason.

Well count me in for pregnancy brain too then. I totally think Anna is, how we say in the horse world, "BRED BACK ON FOAL HEAT." This is in reference to mare with a nursing foal at her side. Anyway, I also offer the luggage of baby clothes that arrived with the Jslaves in DC. You can argue they were cleaning for the fund raiser but I call bull Sh@t on it.

Edited because autocorrect has it out for me!

We have called this before on Anna and been wrong. Remember between Mike and Marcus she looked very pregnant. There was a photo of her, Josh & a j-boy in a bank vault where she looked really pregnant, then, a couple of months later, skinny again.

We have called this before on Anna and been wrong. Remember between Mike and Marcus she looked very pregnant. There was a photo of her, Josh & a j-boy in a bank vault where she looked really pregnant, then, a couple of months later, skinny again.

I don't follow. She was pregnant in the bank vault, right?

I don't follow. She was pregnant in the bank vault, right?

Yeah, that was the time she we got it right. She was wearing a maternity sweater in the bank vault.

I thought she was preg. In tha vault pic. Wasn't that when pictures started to confirm those Instagram posts? I could be wrong but I thought this was the same time prissy was pregnant with little Pecan Cuite. I say that because we can't deny he's a cute baby!

There was a period not long after Jubilee when she looked pregnant and there were lots of photos. We talked about it here. (I thought the bank vault was one but I'm probably remembering wrong.) a month or two later she looked skinny again. There was quite a big gap then before she was pregnant with Marcus.

Oh, I know - and I'm pretty sure I was always one of the people saying that it was impossible to tell whether or not she was pregnant, and that her weight was probably just fluctuating (until the bank vault photo came out, and then it was obvious). I'm probably just seeing things. Logically I believe that Michelle is past the point of ever being able to get pregnant again, and I don't think Anna would be pregnant again so soon, either.

Interesting. I'm surprised the the kids weren't given the option to go to a Catholic school. Aren't Boob and J'Chelle all about teaching about the Bible, and stuff like that? I bet they'd get a better education too. What J'Chelle calls education, is really fake TV BS. Yeah, let's sit my ADD/ADHD son in front of a computer for hours, and see where that gets him.

1. In their world, Catholics are not Christian. They're worse than just not Christian because they look so similar from the outside, they're wolves in sheep's clothing.

2. You're presuming education is something important to them. For all of their talk about HSing being educationally superior, their primary concern is about minimising the chances of their kids rejecting their particular flavour of Christianity . The quality of the education isn't even on their radar.

Interesting. I'm surprised the the kids weren't given the option to go to a Catholic school. Aren't Boob and J'Chelle all about teaching about the Bible, and stuff like that? I bet they'd get a better education too. What J'Chelle calls education, is really fake TV BS. Yeah, let's sit my ADD/ADHD son in front of a computer for hours, and see where that gets him.

1. In their world, Catholics are not Christian. They're worse than just not Christian because they look so similar from the outside, they're wolves in sheep's clothing.

2. You're presuming education is something important to them. For all of their talk about HSing being educationally superior, their primary concern is about minimising the chances of their kids rejecting their particular flavour of Christianity . The quality of the education isn't even on their radar.

I went to Catholic school, and despite having been baptised and indoctrinated for years, I am DEFNINTELY not a practicing Catholic. A Catholic school is still a school, full of other kids/teenagers, and there are bound to be more than a few bad influences. At my Catholic school, there were many pregnant teens, in fact there was eventually a wing of the school where the unwed mothers could receive childcare for their babies while continuing their studies. There were also lots of kids who smoked, drank, got stoned, and skipped school. There were activities such as high school dances with evil popular music, competitive sports, and spirit assemblies, alongside religious assemblies during Advent/Lent, and Abstinence education.

The Duggars want to keep their kids isolated and to control what they learn. The minute they send them to a 'real' school, outside influences will sneak in. I'm not saying the kids would wind up having pre-marital sex or rebelling, but they could be exposed to all kinds of evil worldly stuff that the Duggar 'rents don't want them exposed to. This is why they're home schooled.

I am another who graduated Catholic schools. While in school, I learned about evolution, that slavery was bad and many other non-Duggar approved things.

Obviously at Catholic school you were equipped to do radical things like think. Or at least that ability wasn't squashed out of you anyway. Exactly why Catholic school would never, ever be considered an option for the Duggarlettes.

I think the only reason that Josh and Anna moved where they were is because of the cost. Probably someone from the FRC said "look in this area" and that's where they ended up. If school was even a tiniest consideration they wouldn't have moved there. PGC public schools are generally really bad. I know someone in a neighboring county whose daughter had a basketball game against some school in PGC, and because the girl was doing well in the game she got attacked and slugged a few times in the face by a player from the PGC. They were told that this happens all the time.

I'm actually looking to moving to a specific town in PGC but it's the town with the only high school that ranks better than average compared to all other MD schools. Not a single other HS in this county gets anywhere near that ranking, most are far below the MD average and there's a couple that are "near" the average. There are many million dollar homes in PGC that have the shittiest public schools in the state. It makes no sense, but that's how it is.

So I'm up sick and watching old episodes and this subtitle fail is cracking me up.

wucn.png

Redeemed by the Violin. That's a bit sacrilegious, wouldn't you say?

seeing all these 'she looked pregnant in the bank vault pics' makes me wonder what these pictures are.

duggarsblog.blogspot.de/2013/01/duggars-at-treasury-photos.html

Guess they are gone, by googeling "duggar treasury" for image results you can still see a thumbnail

I went to Catholic school, and despite having been baptised and indoctrinated for years, I am DEFNINTELY not a practicing Catholic. A Catholic school is still a school, full of other kids/teenagers, and there are bound to be more than a few bad influences. At my Catholic school, there were many pregnant teens, in fact there was eventually a wing of the school where the unwed mothers could receive childcare for their babies while continuing their studies. There were also lots of kids who smoked, drank, got stoned, and skipped school. There were activities such as high school dances with evil popular music, competitive sports, and spirit assemblies, alongside religious assemblies during Advent/Lent, and Abstinence education.

The Duggars want to keep their kids isolated and to control what they learn. The minute they send them to a 'real' school, outside influences will sneak in. I'm not saying the kids would wind up having pre-marital sex or rebelling, but they could be exposed to all kinds of evil worldly stuff that the Duggar 'rents don't want them exposed to. This is why they're home schooled.

Don't forget that Catholic schools have non Catholic and even non Christian students. No way would Boob and Bimbet allow their blessings around both idolaters AND heathens. They even have dances where boys and girls get to flirt with each other!

Oh FFS this is ridiculous. For $100 you can have hordourves with smuggles and da gang and get SPESHYL items!

Heartbeat-Event-Poster.jpg

I have to ask how they set these things up. They were in TN for the wedding... do you think they called around asking various anti choice groups if they wanted to do a pimp show since they were around? I cant imagine its a coincidence!

heartbeathaven.com

Archived