IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

I would like to think this is an intentional, but really bad, pun, but it's more likely another Duggar SOTDRT fail:

The Duggar Family â€@duggarfam 50m

We are celebrating Josiah's graduation today! "Congradulations" Josiah! #graduation #19Kids

twitter.com/duggarfam

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bet almost anything that it's a pun. 'Congradulations' is a pretty common one. I just graduated university and I got that one a lot. The fact that it's in quotation marks would seem to back up the idea that it's meant to be a joke.

The Duggars have put that on banners before when a kid graduates. It's in quotes, so I think they know it's not a real word.

Is it me or the Duggars' modesty standards are being progressively lowered? Some of the girls' tees are thighter than ever before, and I see lower necklines and cap sleeves that barely cover their shoulders. I'm not saying that all the girls are wearing such defrauding clothes all the time, but it's a tendency I've seen more and more often in the latest seasons. Michelle wrote in her blog that some of the girls had stricter modesty standards than others and if you compare Jana with Jessa you can tell the eldest sister is still wearing pretty much the same kind of 'modern modest' clothes as 4 years ago, while Jessa is showing more and more skin every day (for fundie standards, that is).

Absolutely. At this rate by the time Jenny is Jinger's age they'll be showing cleavage.

And if Jessa does end up marrying BenBoy, she'll be marrying into a family where the women wear snug jeans. Give her a couple of years and she'll probably give up the long skirts.

I don't know much about Ben, but he does give me the creep vibes. I can easily picture him getting deeper in the fundie shit as he gets older. Well, at least that is what I professionally can see from 3 facebook posts :P

I hope he gets off the crazy train and won't make Jessa wear frumpers and white collars. Her outfit from Erin's wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I would totally wear it myself!

The Duggars have put that on banners before when a kid graduates. It's in quotes, so I think they know it's not a real word.

I would hope! Then again, there are lots of people who use random quotation marks, especially when they are writing down something they say out loud, like a sign I saw at a buffet: "Good Morning" Please wait for a server.

I'm hoping that:

a) Ben Seewald is actually a decent guy, truly cares about Jessa and wants to do whatever he can to be the best husband possible, and,

b) Is totally smitten with her and because of this is saying all the right things to get her from Jim Bob, but will loosen up once they're married, and they will drift into fundie lite territory, since it appears his family is already there.

Congrats Josiah on your graduation from the SOTDRT. Hope you're able to do something with that GED of yours. It's too bad that real higher education is frowned upon by your parents.

I don't know much about Ben, but he does give me the creep vibes. I can easily picture him getting deeper in the fundie shit as he gets older!

He's a teenage boy obsessed with fetuses. That's pretty strange and creepy.

I can see how his militantly anti-choice stance ticks off one big box on Boob's future-son-in-law checklist, but beyond that, I really don't get why he'd allow/encourage his trophy daughter to marry a kid who appears to have no serious career prospects on the horizon. He must really fear the idea of one of the girls marrying someone who isn't going to take orders from him. (Which is completely contrary to their cult's ideals about marriage.)

They're just emulating Nancy Reagan and the way she used to stare worshipfully at her husband. I used to wonder if she was actually scrutinizing his face for microscopic basal cell carcinomas.

I termed Nancy's look the VLA....Vapid Look of Adoration.

He's a teenage boy obsessed with fetuses. That's pretty strange and creepy.

I can see how his militantly anti-choice stance ticks off one big box on Boob's future-son-in-law checklist, but beyond that, I really don't get why he'd allow/encourage his trophy daughter to marry a kid who appears to have no serious career prospects on the horizon. He must really fear the idea of one of the girls marrying someone who isn't going to take orders from him. (Which is completely contrary to their cult's ideals about marriage.)

I think he fears falling behind the Bateses. And losing the spotlight; again related to the Bates, as he saw how much attention Erin and Chad got regarding their courtship, engagement and marriage. I have a feeling Ben showed up at the right time in the right place.

edit: names, Englisch, long day. ;)

I think he fears falling behind the Bateses. And losing the spotlight; again related to the Bates, as he saw how much attention Erin and Chad got regarding their courtship, engagement and marriage. I have a feeling Ben showed up at the right time in the right place.

edit: names, Englisch, long day. ;)

And yet, there was barely any mention of the relationship on the show. All of the articles about them, too, were very stilted and didn't really show any pictures of them. It's all rather odd.

And yet, there was barely any mention of the relationship on the show. All of the articles about them, too, were very stilted and didn't really show any pictures of them. It's all rather odd.

In all honesty, it seems like something just isn't "right" with their relationship. It reads to me like a relationship more for show - she's the beautiful, godly, pure & perfect daughter, and he's a good religious kid. IIRC he noticed her because of the show, and he's probably trying to cash in on that, just as Boob is trying to keep the show going as well as upstage the Bates family. It's kind of pathetic, and I honestly feel bad for Jessa.

Sorry if this has been said before... I don't even know if I'm allowed to comment on these things haha.

We can't know for sure, but I've never had the feeling the adult Bateses and Duggars are really all that friendly. It seems like a TLC-driven relationship.

Neither Michelle nor Kelly are likely to have more biological children. The Bateses TV show was cancelled. The Duggars have three grandchildren already. I don't see why Jim Bob would feel all that competitive with Gil over how many of their kids are married.

I think Boob is primarily concerned with controlling his own empire and keeping the show going is a large part of that. To that end I can see why he would love a daughter courtship/engagement/marriage since the son thing has already been done. But why this kid? What does he actually have going for him? The only guess I can make is that Jim Bob thinks he'll take direction well. Be pretty funny if he doesn't, though.

I would like to think this is an intentional, but really bad, pun, but it's more likely another Duggar SOTDRT fail:

The Duggar Family â€@duggarfam 50m

We are celebrating Josiah's graduation today! "Congradulations" Josiah! #graduation #19Kids

twitter.com/duggarfam

Smuggar's the culprit. It's a pun.

We can't know for sure, but I've never had the feeling the adult Bateses and Duggars are really all that friendly. It seems like a TLC-driven relationship.

Neither Michelle nor Kelly are likely to have more biological children. The Bateses TV show was cancelled. The Duggars have three grandchildren already. I don't see why Jim Bob would feel all that competitive with Gil over how many of their kids are married.

I think Boob is primarily concerned with controlling his own empire and keeping the show going is a large part of that. To that end I can see why he would love a daughter courtship/engagement/marriage since the son thing has already been done. But why this kid? What does he actually have going for him? The only guess I can make is that Jim Bob thinks he'll take direction well. Be pretty funny if he doesn't, though.

Ben is just a kid; I see no spark in Jessa eyes for him. Boob surely sees he can control this kid and make some sort of success for his daughter out of him. I do think with a third daughter in courtship (and to another guy from a successful family); Boob is scrambling to hitch a couple of his daughters up quick! Too bad he's been so picky and selfish; now his back is against the wall!

So, what will be next for Josiah. I hope that he gets more education than College Minus.

I've been reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. It basically explains how the universe works for non-science people, but it is also a history of science and how these things were discovered. As I read it, I thought, "I wish that Josiah and the other learning-minded Duggars could read this." Then I thought about how the book assumes so many things about the beliefs and knowledge of the reader. It assumes that the reader has no problem believing that the universe is billions of years old, that they would not be offended by the idea that humans and apes share a common ancestor, that they took basic high school courses in biology, chemistry, and physics and retain a glimmer of a memory about what they learned. No Duggar would get past the introduction.

I doubt that any Duggar will be receiving any real higher education. They don't get a quality education at all. J'Chelle is no teacher. She relies on computers to teach her kids. Send them to public school, so at least they have a chance of making it. You and Boob went, and turned out fine. (Well, I guess that's up for debate).

So, what will be next for Josiah. I hope that he gets more education than College Minus.

Not a chance. He'll learn math and keep books for the car lot.

These are apparently Josiah's graduation pictures?

1468742_492920460806768_1763155382_n.jpg

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=492920460806768&set=a.273162359449247.56011.269181913180625&type=1&theater

Smuggar's the culprit. It's a pun.

We snark on Smuggar (aka the Great White Dope), but I bet that we would get some serious snark competition from his colleagues at FRC. I would love to see Smuggar and Smuggette in Neiman's, Saks, or Bergdorff attempting to shop. "I would like to try on those Prada, Gucci, or Fendi (pronounced Pray-da, Gooch-eye, or Fen-die) shoes." or Smugette saying, "I want to try on a pair of Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik pumps (pronounced Loo-boo-tin and Manolo Bla-han-ik) and I want to purchase one of those Hermes Birkin bags (pronounced Her-mees Buy-r-kin) bags"

We snark on Smuggar (aka the Great White Dope), but I bet that we would get some serious snark competition from his colleagues at FRC. I would love to see Smuggar and Smuggette in Neiman's, Saks, or Bergdorff attempting to shop. "I would like to try on those Prada, Gucci, or Fendi (pronounced Pray-da, Gooch-eye, or Fen-die) shoes." or Smugette saying, "I want to try on a pair of Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik pumps (pronounced Loo-boo-tin and Manolo Bla-han-ik) and I want to purchase one of those Hermes Birkin bags (pronounced Her-mees Buy-r-kin) bags"

:shock: Uh, wow. Well, I'm really glad that I'm not surrounded by people who would judge me for mispronouncing designer purses or whatever? I don't even know what some of that stuff is. Bergdoff sounds like a Lord of the Rings character or something. I think fundies have bigger issues than not being able to say 'Louboutin'.

Archived