IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

I don't know anything about lobbyists. Are they all expected to have a working knowledge of overpriced designer brands? If so, that's kind of ridiculous, and my hope would be that people wouldn't exclude themselves from careers they want to pursue because other people think they're not classy enough to fit in. :?

I don't disagree with the principle, but these things do mean something in Washington and money can mean influence and influence is power.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and I totally agree that it is snobbery. It isn't like I somehow have the class to know those brands nor would ever, ever get any of them. But the truth is owning certain things mean something to some people. And smuggar put himself in that world.

Considering it is money which buys Louboutins and the Mulberry bags of this world it has never occurred to me that class is involved in most cases, frankly the opposite can be true and the snobbery can definitely go both ways. You only have to look at what a Ned generation did to Burberry to see that!

I did have a dream that when ma Duggar went up to accept one of her many MOTY awards, she was wearing Louboutins, red sole and all. I think I was trying to tell myself that Mullet isn't really all that into buying used and saving the difference when it applies to her.

Considering it is money which buys Louboutins and the Mulberry bags of this world it has never occurred to me that class is involved in most cases, frankly the opposite can be true and the snobbery can definitely go both ways. You only have to look at what a Ned generation did to Burberry to see that!

That is a difference on the us. Class tends to be socioeconomic class. Which is what I was referring to

I've been bedridden for the last couple of days and watching 19kids. Have they been editing the crap out of them? I feel like I've seen some scenes differently.

Why Is smuggler so smug? With this baby we have a baby book and pregnancy book. Do you think the other kids besides josh and josie have them? I would think not.

I've been bedridden for the last couple of days and watching 19kids. Have they been editing the crap out of them? I feel like I've seen some scenes differently.

Why Is smuggler so smug? With this baby we have a baby book and pregnancy book. Do you think the other kids besides josh and josie have them? I would think not.

I think they've edited all the episodes and the first specials. Didn't someone take down the originals from youtube?

I know they edited out the Bates' skinny horses. They wer shown on the original episode, but were edited out in the repeats.

Smugger's kids also have a keepsake. I wonder what Michael will think when he sees his VSE. I hope he calls Smugger out for letting it happen.

"Buy used, save the difference" makes me want to kick something.

I'd like to know how much they could have saved using non-disposable dishes and diapers all those years. I remember them bragging about how much they saved on home perms but they would have spent nothing if they had skipped the perms. Is saving money on a vanity item frugal? They burn wood at home but how much have they spent on gas for their huge bus while they're giving seminars, taking cooking classes, lobbying for losing candidates, and collecting MOTY awards all over the country? They buy used shoes for the kids and get them cell phones. As far as I'm concerned their "Buy used, save the difference" philosophy has more holes than swiss cheese. I don't even know what their point is anymore.

The biggest hole being they never saved the difference! In the specials the Duggars were buying used because it was all they could afford - there was no saving going on.

I'd like to know how much they could have saved using non-disposable dishes and diapers all those. I remember them bragging about how much they saved on home perms but they would have spent nothing if they had skipped the perms. Is saving money on a vanity item frugal? They burn wood at home but how much have they spent on gas for their huge bus while they're giving seminars, taking cooking classes, lobbying for losing candidates, and collecting MOTY awards all over the country? They buy used shoes for the kids and get them cell phones. As far as I'm concerned their "Buy used, save the difference" philosophy has more holes than swiss cheese. I don't even know what their point is anymore.

Just for fun, a paper plate calculation. The cheapest of the cheap are 2cents but the nicer paper products are about 15 cents. I'm inclined to believe the duggar products are about 6cents

So .06 * 3 meals * 19 (lowered because they haven't always been a family of 22) * 15 years (I'd imagine they haven't always used paper)* 365 = $18,700.

Diapers will blow your mind.

Lower end disposables: $41,800 for 19

She could make a $400 cloth stash work for 4+ kids, having to replace maybe every fourth or fifth kids, that $1600 total, plus washing so approx 2000ish. Still thats $40,000

This was probably overkill and is total aproximation, but I'd gander they could have save $60,000 over the years by using reusable.

I'd like to know how much they could have saved using non-disposable dishes and diapers all those years. I remember them bragging about how much they saved on home perms but they would have spent nothing if they had skipped the perms. Is saving money on a vanity item frugal? They burn wood at home but how much have they spent on gas for their huge bus while they're giving seminars, taking cooking classes, lobbying for losing candidates, and collecting MOTY awards all over the country? They buy used shoes for the kids and get them cell phones. As far as I'm concerned their "Buy used, save the difference" philosophy has more holes than swiss cheese. I don't even know what their point is anymore.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

The biggest hole being they never saved the difference! In the specials the Duggars were buying used because it was all they could afford - there was no saving going on.

I think that's a basic underlying problem with many "reality" shows in general. The storyline involves people who might be financially struggling for some reason - teen moms, huge families, etc. but then they get paid a bunch of money and are well off due to the reality show. So all of the storylines about struggling or being frugal or making ends meet in creative ways become more and more obviously false. This is especiallyy obvious in the teen mom shows.

These are apparently Josiah's graduation pictures?

1468742_492920460806768_1763155382_n.jpg

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=492920460806768&set=a.273162359449247.56011.269181913180625&type=1&theater

This whole photo shoot is just cracking me up, the cello in front of the waterfalls, the GQ esque pose with a suitcase, red pants and loafers. I just imagine that he snuck off with Jinger for the day and just had a blast doing that.

Assuming Josiah isn't color blind, I'm assuming he is deliberately making an effort to look mod. Sure, it's not quite working, but one thing is clear: He ain't no brother Joe (the plumber).

I'm so hoping this young man hightails it the hell out of Tontitown next summer.

It would not be out of the question Jim Bob is grooming this son for a high,visible position in ATI or VF, though the latter is obviously not likely to happen now :shifty:

Daddy Duggan is savvy enough to realize Josh is not working out the way he would hope and the other boys are unsuitable so Josiah is up.

It would not be out of the question Jim Bob is grooming this son for a high,visible position in ATI or VF, though the latter is obviously not likely to happen now :shifty:

Daddy Duggan is savvy enough to realize Josh is not working out the way he would hope and the other boys are unsuitable so Josiah is up.

I think he is making daddy proud. he is letting the dugger wisdom shine in all it's glory. the shine of a burned out bulb but still.

I love Josiah's style, much better than the khakis and polos a-la-pecan-thief. I will remain optimistic about his future until proven otherwise.

What are the odds, that Boob isn't usiing the littlle blue pill?

I don't even want to know what took you down that road, but he's in his late forties, that isn't exactly ancient. Even for sex. :lol:

Archived