IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same genitals, I bet. His are probaably worn down to a flat stump.

That's kind of silly. He and Michelle were extremely fertile. They did not practice birth control and consequently had a huge number of children. They likely didn't have sex any more frequently than most married couples their age. If anything, given the time to recuperate after each childbirth, infants waking to feed, morning sickness, etc, they probably have been slightly less sexually active overall, if anything.

That's kind of silly. He and Michelle were extremely fertile. They did not practice birth control and consequently had a huge number of children. They likely didn't have sex any more frequently than most married couples their age. If anything, given the time to recuperate after each childbirth, infants waking to feed, morning sickness, etc, they probably have been slightly less sexually active overall, if anything.

I think it was a joke.

I believe the Duggars went out of their way to track Michelle's (probably very regular) cycles and made sure they had sex as often as they could during her likely fertile times. The rhythm method in reverse. Being the child hoarders that they are, I'm convinced she and Boob worked hard to get pregnant each and every month they knew she wasn't.

I was re-watching the episode where Jim Bob and Michelle play the newlywed game with Josh and Anna. One of the Q&A talking heads stated that Jim Bob uses 3 cans of hairspray a month. Why? His hair never moves, it's cut short and always in the same position. Even when he gets wet, it still looks exactly the same.

His hair never moves because it is matted down with all the hairspray. I bet if you touched it, it would feel like plastic.

How can someone with hair as short as his possibly go through 3 cans of hairspray a month?

I have no idea. I've been wondering that since the show started. I always thought Jim Bob was joking about how much he used, and just assumed he bought it mainly for the older girls so they could use it to set their curls.

His smiles always look so fake.

Also, as much as people make fun of Kody Brown's hair, at least you know that it's actually hair. With JimBob, I feel like I'll feel plastic if I touch his hair ( which I would never do, but just saying...).

He can't afford to stand near a radiator, because he'd melt.

It was on one of the 17KaC episodes that Bulb uses A LOT of hairspray. Even back then when I mostly liked the Duggars all I could think of was, "you guys make your kids buy used clothing, and yet you use HOW MUCH hairspray?"

I think it was a joke.

I believe the Duggars went out of their way to track Michelle's (probably very regular) cycles and made sure they had sex as often as they could during her likely fertile times. The rhythm method in reverse. Being the child hoarders that they are, I'm convinced she and Boob worked hard to get pregnant each and every month they knew she wasn't.

Oh I'm not questioning that they tried to maximimize her fertile periods. I just think its funny when people ( presumably young people ) say how anyone with a ton of kids must have had tons of sex. Even if they had sex much less than average, it would still be dozens of times more than 20 or so pregnancies over the course of 25 years together.

His hair never moves because it is matted down with all the hairspray. I bet if you touched it, it would feel like plastic.

How can someone with hair as short as his possibly go through 3 cans of hairspray a month?

The surfaces of that bathroom must be beyond vile. :puke-front:

The surfaces of that bathroom must be beyond vile. :puke-front:

One of the kids commented on that when they did the make over of the parents bathroom. Jana lead the make over but I don't think she made the comment. It know the said something about the surfaces being awful because of Daddy's hairspray.

Same genitals, I bet. His are probaably worn down to a flat stump.

I am glad that I never had a Ken doll. I had Barbie, but I never had Ken. Looking a Jim Bob makes me want to thank my Mother for never buying me a Ken doll.

I would think that most people in politics are too busy to give a shit what shoes someone else is wearing, designer or otherwise.

Yes and no. You are too busy to be concerned about the designer, but unless someone is good at hiding it, you can tell quality from bought used. This is all said as someone who works in Republican Party politics inside the Beltway. My ex-husband is a lobbyist and is a brand whore. I fall more on the style-conscious side of things.

Funny, uh, many of the candidates mentioned here were my clients during the last election, and I recommended AGAINST a Duggar visit many times. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a right-wing nut or a Tea Party Member. Others in my industry refer to me as a unicorn -- a Republican, non-white, female under 35.

Yes and no. You are too busy to be concerned about the designer, but unless someone is good at hiding it, you can tell quality from bought used. This is all said as someone who works in Republican Party politics inside the Beltway. My ex-husband is a lobbyist and is a brand whore. I fall more on the style-conscious side of things.

Funny, uh, many of the candidates mentioned here were my clients during the last election, and I recommended AGAINST a Duggar visit many times. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a right-wing nut or a Tea Party Member. Others in my industry refer to me as a unicorn -- a Republican, non-white, female under 35.

Interesting first post. How did you find FJ? And welcome.

How do the Duggar appearances work? Do they just show up, or are they invited? There have been times when it seemed like they were speaking for a candidate, only for the candidate's campaign people to respond that the Duggars are not affiliated with them.

Interesting first post. How did you find FJ? And welcome.

Extending a welcome as well.

Interesting that you mention not recommending a Duggar visit. I often wondered what others within the GOP really thought of the Duggars and their involvement in the campaigning.

I know that one time my husband went to what he thought was a campaign appearance by Santorum (barf!) and was very disappointed to find the Duggars there instead. He didn't know who in the world they were and he was not pleased with the substitution.

But not with sperm. Michelle doesn't let him waste a drop.

That bathroom must be the jurisdiction from Hell, prayed against with all the fervor those kids can muster up. :worship:

I may have overestimated or overgeneralized my expectations about the racism (and other forms of narrowness of mind) of candidates supported by the Duggars (whether the candidates like that support or not). I'm at least a little heartened to hear that any of them would engage the advice of a relatively young, female, non-white, divorced consultant (for want of a more concrete noun).

The first time I saw the Duggars. I thought of that Monty Python Song "Every Sperm is Sacred".

Archived