IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

Do fundies want people to have fun at their wedding?

Actually not really. It's more about the religious aspect of getting married. They don't relate to it as an occasion for a party. I said earlier the reception to them is more a glorified doughnuts and coffee after a church service. I've actually seen many Orthodox "coffee hours" that were more elaborate than fundie wedding receptions.

The parties, dancing, open bars, and elaborate meals of other cultures weddings are as foreign to the fundies as their very simple and basic receptions are to the partiers.

The invitation said light reception and it will be mid-afternoon. I read that as usually cake and punch and definitely not a meal. Something a bit more substantial such as finger sandwiches would be optional.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wrap my mind around 800 families. I don't even know if I know 800 families and I certainly don't know that many families well enough to invite them to my wedding! Yeesh

Well, TLC won out on this one because I'm definitely going to have to watch. My mind can't comprehend this wedding - 800 families invited with no RSVP...

And I sent less than 60 invitations out (one per household) and probably had 35 people at my wedding. So clearly I do not get the 800 invitation thing

Consider fundies have "fun" in their names, their weddings certainly lack it.

Yes, but unfortunately the 'fun' is immediately followed by 'dies'. :P

I'm sure her wedding will be similar in structure and execution to Davillas and Smuggars. I bet they both invited a similar amount of guests. I went to a fundie light wedding back in June 2011 and it was extremely bland and overly drawn out so by the time we made it to the cake and punch reception it was dinner time and I had a headache from having nothing but sugar to eat.

800+ fundies in one place? It's going to be like speed dating! What's the bet some fundies meet their future spouse? Go for it Jana!

*cue special on the 19 Kids and Counting in a years time* "Oh, we met in the toilet queue at Chad and Erin's wedding..."

Also, Kelly has a lot of siblings (2 sisters, 1 brother, 2 adopted and some step siblings IIRC?), so invites would have been sent to each of their families, which would take out a few of them. The there's all the families both Bateses and Paines know from IBLP. Probably everyone who goes to Big Sandy, because they didn't want to leave any out. Then there's the likes of the Bontragers, Wissmans, Robertses etc... who aren't really IBLP, but still conservative. Both families seem very socialble and the Paines have lived all over the place, so I can understand how they'd want a lot of guests.

No wonder Erin, Alyssa and Tori all took the semester of college to plan it all!

He seems to be buckling under the weight of her hair and it attendant sprays in the first picture.

To me, it looks like she's got a death grip on him. "He's MINE! ALL MINE!!!!!"

So that's 800 FAMILIES invited? Holy fucking shit. That number could easily be in the thousands.

I'm so bummed the wedding is going to be on 19 Kids and Counting and we'll have to see Boob and the Duggars making it all about them instead of the Bates. I far prefer the Bates family the the Duggars and would rather see a return of United Bates of America.

Me, too!!!

But, but the maxwells have death to tell you about. It always time for death

That reminded me of the old "There's always room for Jell-o" ads. Now I'm picturing Stevus saying "It's always time for death!" then singing "D-E-A-T-H!"

zbDw8IyWpDM

Most of their gifts are bought.

Kinda love her flippy, girly, Shabby chic stuff.

I think she'll spend her entire wedding greeting people if that many show up...

It's sad that they are showing the wedding on the 19KAC. Poor Erin. It will probably be about 5 minutes of the wedding and the rest of the show focusing on the Duggars. I wonder if they are going to force Erin to have a few Duggars in the wedding party now. I hope not.

It's sad that they are showing the wedding on the 19KAC. Poor Erin. It will probably be about 5 minutes of the wedding and the rest of the show focusing on the Duggars. I wonder if they are going to force Erin to have a few Duggars in the wedding party now. I hope not.

Any guesses on which Duggar will be in the wedding party? She can't have all the older girls? Priscillia had Jana, so is Jana the token bridesmaid?

I hope they film the Duggar stuff separate from the wedding, like show 7-10 minutes of wedding & reception. JB can have a TH about how his girls will soon be married, and Michelle rattle on about courtship. Then of course a few minutes of packing and Duggar time. Listen TLC I would MUCH rather have Gil & Kelly do the talking heads and hear their opinions on courtship and marriage!

There won't be any Duggars in the wedding party. Tori, Carlin, Alyssa, one of Chad 's sisters and a non-duggar friend will be the bridesmaids. I don't think they'll be forced to have the Duggars in the wedding party.

Well, if we're not getting a live stream of the wedding, then hopefully a helicopter will get some good aerial shots of the festivities. I just wanna know where they're going to put 800+ people.

Well, if we're not getting a live stream of the wedding, then hopefully a helicopter will get some good aerial shots of the festivities. I just wanna know where they're going to put 800+ people.

Do you think church is big enough for 800 families?

I'm sure Davey and Priscilla will be there - he'll be the first to upload pics to his website/Instagram/FB/Twitter...

Invitations do not assure attendance... remember, many are called, but few are chosen.

There won't be any Duggars in the wedding party. Tori, Carlin, Alyssa, one of Chad 's sisters and a non-duggar friend will be the bridesmaids. I don't think they'll be forced to have the Duggars in the wedding party.

OH NO! If they're not in the wedding, please tell me they wont play some form of musical interlude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARF!

When I looked at the church's website, it seems like a mega church.

SBC%20051(1).jpg

SBC%20034(1).jpg

Also 800 invitations would imply 1,600 or more people. An invitation usually isn't sent to only one person...

Nah, not at all. Abigail posted a link to pictures of the church upthread, and even judging by the size of the large auditorium, I'd be surprised if they could fit more than about 200-250 people in there, tops. Even if they could squeeze more in, I still don't think they could get up to 800, or even 500-600 range.

When I looked at the church's website, it seems like a mega church.

SBC%20051(1).jpg

SBC%20034(1).jpg

Also 800 invitations would imply 1,600 or more people. An invitation usually isn't sent to only one person...

These are some really good shots. I may have to rethink my position on the 200-300 people that could fit in there. But could even a mega church like this hold so many people?

The Duggars will probably provide musical fellowship though. After all, Michele and Kelly are best friends. :roll:

Archived