IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

How much would it cost for enough Kool-Aid (or generic) for 800 families? Would they need to add anything to it?

Math is not my strong point... but here goes!

http://www.amazon.com/Kool-Aid-Sweetene ... s=kool+aid

Kool Aid Raspberry Lemondade - 6 20 Ounce packs are $16.44 plus tax (free shipping over $25 or prime)

Each container makes 8 quarts, for a total of 48 Quarts

32 Ounces per quart - 1536 ounces per order.

Assuming each guest drinks 22 ounces (about 2 solo cups) - thats enough for 70 people per order. (69.818)

8000 people... They'd need 114 orders, or $1878 worth of Kool Aid. Plus tax...

:cray-cray:

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had to bring this pic back to the surface because, well, just because. ;)

:cracking-up:

And we all thank you for that. He sure is yummy.

How do they expect to pull off a wedding with:

- an unknown number of guests, which could range from hundreds to thousands

- an unknown quantity of food (or whatever it's called) for the unknown number of guests

I believe Sarah Maxwell would say "what some would call food."

;)

I believe Sarah Maxwell would say "what some would call food."

;)

Jboob and/pr Gil will reenact the miracle of the loaves and fishes?

Whoever decides to crash the wedding needs to dye their hair green and make sure to sit next to the bride.

I'm uncomfortable with this reference to the deaths of 900 people.

Sincere question- does the phrase "drink the koolaid" bother you? It gets thrown around a lot, especially on FJ.

I would hope Gil and Kelly would put their foot down to Boob and his butting in but then again, it is going to be on Boob's show instead of a VSE of the Bateses show. I can see this all going to hell for Erin cuz of the Duggars.

I was sincerely hoping for Erin's sake that the Duggars would be left out of it and their involvement was strictly attendance only. No JB butting in, no screeching violins, nothing about Leggos, just show up and shut up.

If the wedding can't be featured on the Bateses show, then I would rather see it not be be televised at all rather than featured on a future 19K&C episode simply so that Erin can have her special day unmarred by any Duggar nonsense.

At the very least, none of the bridesmaids are Duggars, so that gives JB less "control" right there. I am hoping at least that Gil and Kelly are minimizing any Duggar impact though it seems they are stuck dealing with them some.

Though I am pretty concerned how this wedding will go down with the insane number of guests and pretty much anyone can show up.

Sincere question- does the phrase "drink the koolaid" bother you? It gets thrown around a lot, especially on FJ.

Yes and no. I'm ambivalent. The phrase did originate with the tragedy of Jim Jones, though most people have lost that reference.

It's the direct reference to Jonestown that really bothers me.

I'm not consistent, I know.

Since the Duggar "season" is over. I wonder if they will film her brother's (can't recall his name) wedding and combine them into one show. I also wonder how many guests will travel for both weddings since they are about a month apart....

Yes and no. I'm ambivalent. The phrase did originate with the tragedy of Jim Jones, though most people have lost that reference.

I had lost the reference and am sorry for inadvertently bringing it up. That said, I can picture a team of wedding helpmeets stirring massive vats of the stuff for an endless line of the thirsty.

I had lost the reference and am sorry for inadvertently bringing it up. That said, I can picture a team of wedding helpmeets stirring massive vats of the stuff for an endless line of the thirsty.

Ugh, what grownup person would want to drink the stuff? Especially to wash down some bland, sugary sheet cake? My teeth hurt just thinking about it!

Same here. I'm sure the phrase "drink the koolaid" seemed tactless as well when it first appeared, but now so many years later it doesn't have that sharp edge to it anymore, whereas direct references to the event still do, at least for some of us.

I just rewatched David & Priscilla's wedding (I know, I need to get a life!) and realized David sang twice during the ceremony. It brought back the memory of Josh singing to Anna. Now I'm wondering if this is something most fundies do at their weddings? And will Chad sing to Erin? Will Zach sing to Whitney?

The Jonestown beverage was Flavor-Aid, not Koolaid. I know this from my newspaper days, as if you wrote something connecting Jonestown and Koolaid, you would get a note from the latter's manufacturer setting you straight.

The Jonestown beverage was Flavor-Aid, not Koolaid. I know this from my newspaper days, as if you wrote something connecting Jonestown and Koolaid, you would get a note from the latter's manufacturer setting you straight.

Now that would have been the job from hell, to be in Marketing for KoolAid (or Flavor-Aid, for that matter) during that time.

Reminds me of the old diet candies named "Ayds" -- they got renamed but quick by the late 70s/early 80s! :oops:

Now that would have been the job from hell, to be in Marketing for KoolAid (or Flavor-Aid, for that matter) during that time.

Reminds me of the old diet candies named "Ayds" -- they got renamed but quick by the late 70s/early 80s! :oops:

Flavor-Aid used to be known as Aunt Wick's Flavor-Aid about 50 years ago and, man, was it terrible! I recall that it didn't dissolve well.

I also remember Ayds. I think they had some kind of mild oral anesthesia in them so you'd be less likely to eat too much. I do remember eating quite a few Ayds chocolates when my college rookie had some. They didn't work if you ate too many.

Specifically, it was grape Flavor-Aid. I'm sure the Bateses would pinch their pennies by going for generic instead of name-brand.

I thought he had picked up some construction work in TN? Maybe I am making that up given his work in OK. Wonder if he has joined the tree removal crew. Seems like a great way for Gil to keep an eye on him

He is working at a scrap metal yard in Lake City. I've heard that he is planning on moving back to Oklahoma about a year or so after the wedding. I don't think Erin will be too excited about that

They are making 63 Gallons of "punch" for the wedding.

All this Patch the Pirate stuff has gotten a loop of Patch songs in my head. I not only was in Patch the Pirate Club, but my mother bought a cassette of Patch songs. Oye.

"Have you seen a wiggle worm? Smaller than a tiny germ! He has got a great big appitate! He gets into anything, *insert words I don't remember!* always looking for someone to bite! Never wiggle wiggle wiggle, never giggle giggle giggle, better SQUASH the wiggle worm when you feel the urge to squirm! In your school on Monday, in your church on Sunday. Fight off the Wiggle Worm! I was in my Sunday Seat, sitting still and being sweet! When I saw him crawling on my shoe! WIGGLE WORM DON'T BOTHER ME! YOU'LL CAUSE A CATSHOPHERE! Then I kicked him out of Sunday School!"

And one about foods but I don't remember all the words to that one. Just "Oh, I love broccoli it's such a tasty site! And liver makes me quiver with sheer delight! I always clean my plate, morning noon and night! I'm thankful for each bite!"

And one about Temper Tantrum Tilly. And many more. Looping in my head each time I read this because of the Pirate. Thanks a bunch! ;)

Oh dear god, I think it was an early cassette version of this because I know almost all these titles:

majestymusic.com/patch-the-pirate-praises-1-cd.html

Back to your normally scheduled wedding talk while I try to get these earworms out of my head. Too bad Patch didn't write a song about THAT...

Welcome, wutwuzdat! What is your source of this information? Are you in the Knoxville area? (My husband is from south Knoxville)

I live in Clinton and lets just say that I'm a friend of a friend of the Bates (I understand they read these boards). I've personally met all of the Bates and Duggars/Wilsons etc when they were building the Bates house. I've been to the new church that they have started in the Holiday Inn up by the interstate. I've also help Gil a few times with his tree business

And one about foods but I don't remember all the words to that one. Just "Oh, I love broccoli it's such a tasty site! And liver makes me quiver with sheer delight! I always clean my plate, morning noon and night! I'm thankful for each bite!"

"Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, yum, yum" but I don't remember the verses either.

There was the Camp Food one "Fruit fly florentine, 3 day quarantine, 1 pot glooey glop, glorified hog slop,pigs in a blanket, cows on the floor. Take one bite and you'll run for the door. Stinky cheese Thermadore, Alka Seltzer Theodore, smelly sardines, pad lock beans. . ." Something about poinson ivy stew

Does that help? LOL

Archived