IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

I do admit to liking a good tator tot casserole (what can I say, I live in Minnesota. Hot dishes/casserole are a thing here but we don't do them Duggar-style) but I'm glad to hear they won't be ruining them further at Le Wedding de Fundie Royalty.

Considering that Gil is the pastor of a church AND he's a hot shot with ATI, coupled with the fact that Chad's family is well known in the Fundie circles, they can easily know enough people to send out at least 800 invites. It's not unimaginable really.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh good lord, if a Bates every married a Duggar, can you imagine how many guests THAT would be!?!

799 invitations? Honestly, when you start including your "television family," who do the Duggars know that the Bates don't?

A lot of modern mega-churches, or crazy fundie churches that wish they were mega-churches, are built with gymnasiums. I bet I can guess where they're having their reception. If it's truly swanky, they'll bother to put the hoops up. :roll:

I love all the speculation as to how you feed that many people. These are fundies- they buy chest freezers in bulk. I suspect it doesn't matter, every single relative of the bride and groom are taking leftovers home with them. Who needs favours if you've got a case of butter mints?

800 families?! Honestly I'm expecting mine in the mail any time soon. If you think about it, it's unlikely every member of those families is as invested in this wedding as fj is, so...;)

799 invitations? Honestly, when you start including your "television family," who do the Duggars know that the Bates don't?

A lot of modern mega-churches, or crazy fundie churches that wish they were mega-churches, are built with gymnasiums. I bet I can guess where they're having their reception. If it's truly swanky, they'll bother to put the hoops up. :roll:

I love all the speculation as to how you feed that many people. These are fundies- they buy chest freezers in bulk. I suspect it doesn't matter, every single relative of the bride and groom are taking leftovers home with them. Who needs favours if you've got a case of butter mints?

Dunno who they know, but there's no way that they'd let the Bates outdo them. :lol:

Considering how many people were invited to the wedding, if I lived nearby and cared enough to try, I'd buy a gift, dress fundie-formal, and try to attend. Who would know the difference? I wouldn't try to talk to anyone, or take pictures; I'd just find a spot off to the side and soak up the ambiance. It's not often one has the chance to attend a royal wedding.

Oh, that's right, TLC will be filming, so they'll be checking invites at the door and requiring everyone to sign a non-disclosure agreement along with an agreement to allow everyone to be filmed. Too bad, I'd probably buy a crockpot and fill it with sexy lingerie and some information on birth control.

Oh good lord, if a Bates every married a Duggar, can you imagine how many guests THAT would be!?!

Probably about 1000 - they know all the same people!

The thread merge title makes it sound as though Chad and Erin are having a pirate-themed wedding.

Arrrrrrrrr!

Ireland honeymoon? Wow... where are they getting the money for that???

Lets guestimate about the gifts. In my world, a typical wedding gift is $100-$200/person. More if the wedding is sooper swanky. In fundieland, lets assume a gift is $10/person? With an average of 8000 people invited, thats $80k. Tithe 10% of that to Gothard and you're taking a pretty nice honeymoon and buying a house for minimal outlay. Kelly should invite some more people... maybe they'll crack 100k!

I wonder if Ray Comfort and Kirky dirky will get invites...

I remember when Patch the Pirate first came on the scene. My parents have the original tape he made. I fucking hated the "Poochy Lip Disease" song. That and "I want to Marry Daddy When I Grow Up."

I remember when Patch the Pirate first came on the scene. My parents have the original tape he made. I fucking hated the "Poochy Lip Disease" song. That and "I want to Marry Daddy When I Grow Up."

Um, what? Those song titles are both disturbing, but for very different reasons.

Patch the pirate is a bit scary looking...

ZGUdG9RM1ZE

Preachy little fucker, aint he?

Wait, there is a children's song about father/daughter incest? Thats just wrong...

DMsEcFn8DK8

"I want him to hold my hand and cuddle up with me... "

Wheres that puke smilie?

Considering how many people were invited to the wedding, if I lived nearby and cared enough to try, I'd buy a gift, dress fundie-formal, and try to attend. Who would know the difference? I wouldn't try to talk to anyone, or take pictures; I'd just find a spot off to the side and soak up the ambiance. It's not often one has the chance to attend a royal wedding.

Oh, that's right, TLC will be filming, so they'll be checking invites at the door and requiring everyone to sign a non-disclosure agreement along with an agreement to allow everyone to be filmed. Too bad, I'd probably buy a crockpot and fill it with sexy lingerie and some information on birth control.

You're not doing it right if you don't buy a hidden camera and then get upset when you're busted for being a creep!

You know there was a groupon awhile back for a trip to Ireland. It was round trip airfare, a rental car, and 7 nights in a really nice manor. It had to be taken by march which doesn't offer great weather. But it was like 799 a person!! That's a great deal, I wonder if they did something like that:

groupon.com/deals/ga-great-value-vacations-10-ireland

Maybe Patch could change the words to "Poufy Hair Disease" for the occasion.

Arrrrrrrrr!

Ireland honeymoon? Wow... where are they getting the money for that???

Lets guestimate about the gifts. In my world, a typical wedding gift is $100-$200/person. More if the wedding is sooper swanky. In fundieland, lets assume a gift is $10/person? With an average of 8000 people invited, thats $80k. Tithe 10% of that to Gothard and you're taking a pretty nice honeymoon and buying a house for minimal outlay. Kelly should invite some more people... maybe they'll crack 100k!

I wonder if Ray Comfort and Kirky dirky will get invites...

This is the bible belt, remember! The gift will probably consist of a homemade card with lots of bible verses and $25 per family.

Did she have a shower? I don't recall Kelly posting of one. She could have mentioned it in the comments. There are so many, I don't read them all.

This is the bible belt, remember! The gift will probably consist of a homemade card with lots of bible verses and $25 per family.

Did she have a shower? I don't recall Kelly posting of one. She could have mentioned it in the comments. There are so many, I don't read them all.

Even at $25/family thats 20k. I doubt they'll spend much on the wedding itself so its a moneymaking venture for sure!

Archived