IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smuggles is still in DC per instagram. I guess he'll fly out after "work" on friday.

It is only about 8 hours from DC to the Bates' home. Anna can pack the kids and their stuff into their camper and after work on Friday they can drive down. Heck, he can take Friday off. Plenty of time to meet up with the convoy.

Has anyone seen the new announcement yet on their wedding website?

We really can't believe that it's the final week before our wedding! We are so thrilled! We wanted to pass along an invite to all those who didn't get an invitation to our wedding. We have been notified by many that they didn't receive an invitation. We are letting ya'll know that you are definitely invited! We look forward to seeing each and everyone of you!

We are so thrilled to announce our upcoming wedding, November 2nd!

God has truly been so good to us and we would love for you to share with us in our excitement and rejoicing in all that He has done!

~ Chad and Erin

<3<3 Psalm 121:1-2

So yeah, that pretty much opens it up to anyone within the state of Tennessee. If I lived closer I'd go...

We really can't believe that it's the final week before our wedding! We are so thrilled! We wanted to pass along an invite to all those who didn't get an invitation to our wedding. We have been notified by many that they didn't receive an invitation. We are letting ya'll know that you are definitely invited! We look forward to seeing each and everyone of you!

God has truly been so good to us and we would love for you to share with us in our excitement and rejoicing in all that He has done!

~ Chad and Erin

So yeah, that pretty much opens it up to anyone within the state of Tennessee. If I lived closer I'd go...

Maybe I can hitch a ride in the Smugsmobile. I can wear one of my Chabadnick outfits and fit right in.

800 RVs rolling into town made me think of the 70's song "Convoy" http://youtu.be/Sd5ZLJWQmss.

Now I've got a damn earworm. Thanks.

'Cause we got a mighty convoy

Rockin' through the night.

Yeah, we got a mighty convoy,

Ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on and join our convoy

Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.

We gonna roll this truckin' convoy

'Cross the U-S-A.

It does get stuck in your head doesn't it. Sorry! :D

- Jim Bob will realize he forgot an important item of clothing and will beg Gil for one of his

- Jana will look sad

- Josie will be a flower girl

- Ben will be there

How much would it cost for enough Kool-Aid (or generic) for 800 families? Would they need to add anything to it?

I'm praying the entire wedding makes it to youtube.

I would hope Gil and Kelly would put their foot down to Boob and his butting in but then again, it is going to be on Boob's show instead of a VSE of the Bateses show. I can see this all going to hell for Erin cuz of the Duggars.

On The Paine Family's website last week, they "complained" that a pipeline has been put through their land: "On a bitter sweet note the backside of our peaceful Oklahoma property was rudely invaded by a massive pipeline for oil."

The Paines don't mention that of course you get compensated--usually by the foot--when a pipeline is laid across your property. Maybe the payment is helping finance the Chad & Erin honeymoon in Ireland. We've never heard a peep about what Chad's "job" in Tennessee is.

I can't be bothered to find it on the blog but I am 99% sure that Kelly said he had gotten a job at the workshop of a member of their church. I have been known to get things wrong though... :whistle:

~ Chad and Erin

Oh pleaseeeeeee---if anyone of us can easily attend; do it and report with pics (if safely possible)!

- Jim Bob will realize he forgot an important item of clothing and will beg Gil for one of his

- Jana will look sad

- Josie will be a flower girl

- Ben will be there

How much would it cost for enough Kool-Aid (or generic) for 800 families? Would they need to add anything to it?

I'm praying the entire wedding makes it to youtube.

*Jim Bob will have forgotten his speshul pair of wedding whitey tightees---hence needing to ask Gil for a pair of his

*Of course Josie will be the flower girl...who else is the poster child for pro-life...oooops a wedding ceremony

*Ben will be there, near Jessa, arms crossed

*Jana will be DEPRESSED!

'Cause we got a mighty convoy

Rockin' through the night.

Yeah, we got a mighty convoy,

Ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on and join our convoy

Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.

We gonna roll this truckin' convoy

'Cross the U-S-A.

It does get stuck in your head doesn't it. Sorry! :D

Oh Yeah! The Jim Bob and Josh mighty convoy rockin' through the night; ain't she a beautiful sight? Come on and join our convoy Ain't nothin gonna get in our way! Amen!

This is hitting my creep meter SO HARD...

Anybody can come in, invitation or not.

With many young, single girls.

NO.

I didn't want to put my wedding time/info online incase my husbands ex wanted to party crash. They know

about freejinger and still post an open invite? Rookie mistake! If I lived close I would be very tempted to go. Not to party crash or make a scene just to observe as descretely as possible, drop a gift and leave.

Ask Jim Jones?

Oh pleaseeeeeee---if anyone of us can easily attend; do it and report with pics (if safely possible)!

Bonus points for any guest who comes dressed as a pirate (in keeping with the inadvertent, yet evocative, title of the thread).

Alas, I must send my regrets, but I will hoist a pint (of grape juice) and give a hearty "Arrrrrr!" in honour of the occasion.

Can't wait for the video of this.

The Duggars will be in TN on Monday promoting another stupid pro life law. I wonder if they are spending the whole week there. I imagine so.

How do they expect to pull off a wedding with:

- an unknown number of guests, which could range from hundreds to thousands

- an unknown quantity of food (or whatever it's called) for the unknown number of guests

- potentially unwelcome people arriving and getting in because an invitation is optional

- hotel accommodations still listed as coming soon - two days before the wedding, and

- a film crew underfoot with their own preferences and requirements?

I feel kinda bad for them cause their wedding is probably going to be chaos with uninvited guests and possibly not enough food or space, people not knowing where they can stay and also the filming going on. Theyre such a cute couple who you can tell genuinely love eachother, and they deserve to have a nice day.

Part of me wonders if it's to create drama/tension for the show. And it's coming at the cost of Erin and Chad having a happy, decent wedding.

Part of me wonders if it's to create drama/tension for the show. And it's coming at the cost of Erin and Chad having a happy, decent wedding.

I don't think so. It seems very much in the Bates family personality to invite anyone and everyone for a party, and to have a party for any reason. They always seem excited to play host(ess), even with surprise guests. See the episodes where the Clarks(?) are surprise guests to build their house and the impromptu baby shower for Marcus. Now, the second one I'm sure they were tipped off for, but they were still completely game.

I think Kelly, Erin, et al wanted a big wedding and just ran with it. Plus it's a great ministry opportunity, so can't pass that up!

How do they expect to pull off a wedding with:

- an unknown number of guests, which could range from hundreds to thousands

- an unknown quantity of food (or whatever it's called) for the unknown number of guests

- potentially unwelcome people arriving and getting in because an invitation is optional

- hotel accommodations still listed as coming soon - two days before the wedding, and

- a film crew underfoot with their own preferences and requirements?

- No designated parking for the 800 strong RV convoy for god

Archived