IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am really curious to see the pix after tomorrow!!!

I normally work 10 hrs on Saturday, but they are turning the power off again at work & sending us home early tomorrow. If they were livestreaming this I could actually participate:( arghhhhhhh

I got these pics from: http://web.stagram.com/n/daisyflower5/

Lots of Bates pics.

She comes from a fundie family of 12 (I think 13 now) that seems to have a lot of fun. More Bates pics on her blog (pascolife.blogspot.com/) but nothing interesting or recent. The Roberts. I saw them mentioned so I guess y'all know about them.

2 single brothers, 24 and 22 featured in a lot of the pics

And 2 single adult sisters 18 and 19

Ages could be off if the blog hasn't been updated. Lots of mingling with the Bates, perhaps some courtships in the future?

Right on godisnotsogood. I have no trouble believing Erin is the spoiled, pampered princess and although it's normal to have premarital jitters, perhaps she was a bit of a drama queen last Sunday. She had to have information on the size, filming etc. & has appeared quite comfy in front of the cameras for years. It's certainly not her first rodeo in that area.

I actually like Giil & Kelly as much as I can considering my dislike for their religion & believe they do treat their children better than most fundies. Probably. I also wouldn't find it too surprising if some of Erin's siblings will be happy to see her dethroned & happily married. Not that they don't love her but she does seem rather smug & needy at the same time.

From a public instagram (of a girl I want to marry John David. I have to mention this every once in a while so that when it happens I can say ZOMG I PREDICTED IT)

34134e66434f11e38a1a22000aa81ffa_8.jpg

And slightly off topic, but (from a public Roberts facebook page) this quote:

Best thing I've heard all day... "Honey Boo Boo is the reason our show didn't make it!" Lawson Bates.

I got these pics from: http://web.stagram.com/n/daisyflower5/

Lots of Bates pics.

She comes from a fundie family of 12 (I think 13 now) that seems to have a lot of fun. More Bates pics on her blog (pascolife.blogspot.com/) but nothing interesting or recent. The Roberts. I saw them mentioned so I guess y'all know about them.

2 single brothers, 24 and 22 featured in a lot of the pics

And 2 single adult sisters 18 and 19

Ages could be off if the blog hasn't been updated. Lots of mingling with the Bates, perhaps some courtships in the future?

They also have Marty whose 21.

Trace is only what, 16 going on 17? Seems like him and Daisy might be getting to know each other though.

They also have Marty whose 21.

Trace is only what, 16 going on 17? Seems like him and Daisy might be getting to know each other though.

Thats what they were teasing her about on instagram. She called him a hearthrob. Still seems like hes too young.

When I married the Count, we lived together for 6 months before no on knew until after the marriage, which is why my MIL after 30 yrs still does not like me. I was scared shitless the week before it. We only had 50 people and it was not on national TV, it is a big thing for anyone.

I hate to shark on the wedding however I will- it is going to be a big courting event for all the single fundies. Reception will be a gross fundie buffet line along with punch and cake.

I wish them all the luck in the world and that they will limit their breeding.

I hope the wedding is a great experience for Erin. She has put so much emotion into this. I dont want her to be let down.

I'm happy for them, though not for their sure-to-come immediate blessings. But even then, I think they'll be ... okay. Not as good as they would be unshackled by patriarchy and their sheltered upbringing, but okay. They love each other, they are educated enough in their chosen "professions" (although obviously not enough overall), and they're young, but not as young as we've seen. Plus, they've been "getting to know each other" for two years now. It's still not enough, but it's not mere months like even Josh and Anna had.

What scares me is the courting free-for-all that their wedding will be, as countessrascal pointed out. Chad and Erin are the exception that proves the rule - that fundies rush into marriage too young, too uneducated, and too rigidly gender-roled for most of them to ever be happy. Poor, besotted, happy Chad and Erin will be the next generation used to bash all the other fundies who just can't be happy in their blessings. So... like, I'm happy that they're happy; I can't bring myself to actively wish them ill. But they still make me sick.

I actually like Giil & Kelly as much as I can considering my dislike for their religion & believe they do treat their children better than most fundies.

Gil Bates turns me on. I can't help it. I love his face.

Reminds me of the old diet candies named "Ayds" -- they got renamed but quick by the late 70s/early 80s!

My mom tried Ayds, and lost interest. But the box was still in the cupboard, and tasted like chocolate, so I ate them all! Strangely, I didn't lose weight...

So Kool Aid got the flak from the Jonestown murders, but they're not the only ones to have PR problems from a real life event becoming attached to their brand. Anyone out there remember the old TV series "The Greatest American Hero"? From Wikipedia:

The main character's name was originally Ralph Hinkley, but after the assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan by John Hinckley, Jr. on March 30, 1981, the character's last name was changed to "Hanley". For the rest of the first season, he was either "Ralph" or "Mister H" (a style of nickname popularized by Fonzie's calling the Cunningham parents "Mr. and Mrs. C" on the contemporary series Happy Days). In the episode where Ralph is given a promotion and his own office space, we see the name "Ralph Hanley" on the door plaque. At the start of season two, the name had changed back to Hinkley. In the season three episode "Live At Eleven", Ralph is given a name tag at a political rally with his last name spelled "Hunkley" and Ralph gives up saying "it's close enough for politics".

Back to the wedding. I hope it goes off well for the new couple. Here's hoping no one spikes the punch bowl.

These weddings sound like the arranged royal marriages of old. A couple of portraits and letters might be exchanged, fathers of the couple or the groom and the father of the bride struck a bargain, and then the bride was off to her new home in a far away land, to be married within days of her arrival. If she was lucky, the groom would have visited her court to meet her a time or two before, but that was unlikely.

The only difference now is she'll be married close to home and might have a few more chances of being around her intended.

It's sad, really.arranged

Sorry to disagree, but this particular wedding/marriage is not like the weddings of old. Royal marriages were arranged, the bride was placed on a ship & there was no turning back. Do you believe Gil & Kelly have forced Erin into marrying Chad & will strongarm her down the aisle? Cause I don't. I also believe they would be okay if she called it off at 2 pm today. They don't appear to want their daughter to marry the wrong person in haste. I'm sure she could have chosen to continue with her musical career & remained living at home.

Like I said before, I dislike the religion but not this family. Empress Erin will be just fine aside from countless bouts of vapors. :mrgreen: I wish them well, do believe they love each other & will end up happy.

I think he's charming Geek (I think the accent has something to do with it)but he's a bit too short for me :D Mr. Nellie is a tall, athletic, blonde haired/blue eyed nordic. I like my menfolk on the tall, slim side even though I'm on the short, round side. Guess I lucked out!

Gil Bates is kind of adorable, and I think the kids are sweet. I think they do genuinely love their children and aren't just trying to scout them out for money or fame, they're just truly doing what they believe is right.

What scares me is the damage to the ozone layer above Clinton, TN today. All those aerosol cans of Aqua Net being dispensed near the same time cannot be good for the environment. Not to mention the drain on electrical circuits from the curling & straight irons! I do hope the citizens have been warned about possible power outages today between say 10 and 2 :lol:

I got called into work today (DAMN IT!!!) & can't have my phone with me so please FJers' post pics & YT links so I can check this out tonight. Sadly, it will probably be the highlight of my weekend. :shhh:

Sadly, it will probably be the highlight of my weekend. :shhh:

Same case here NellieBell :shhh: (Because of a lot of schoolstuff that has to be done :cry: )

I like him too. He even won over Mr. Sparrow, who, after being subjected to a few YouTube episodes, described him as someone who seems to genuinely feel thankful for what he has.

Gil Bates is on the Board of Directors for ATI, that immediately kills any attraction I would have to him. They are just as bad as the Duggars, they just know how to package it in a prettier way and we have not seen years of footage on them.

Same here. He's attractive but the fact that he's associated with ATI rather kills it for me too.

I like cute guys but when I learn something ugly about them, well then forget it.

Re: Erin, she will go through a lot pf adjustments transitioning from spoiled SAHD to wife but finally having sweet fellowship with Chad will probably make up for it.

Archived