IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

I'm sure Davey and Priscilla will be there - he'll be the first to upload pics to his website/Instagram/FB/Twitter...

Poor Davilla....always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Oh wait. Nevermind. :wink-kitty:

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually not really. It's more about the religious aspect of getting married. They don't relate to it as an occasion for a party. I said earlier the reception to them is more a glorified doughnuts and coffee after a church service. I've actually seen many Orthodox "coffee hours" that were more elaborate than fundie wedding receptions.

The parties, dancing, open bars, and elaborate meals of other cultures weddings are as foreign to the fundies as their very simple and basic receptions are to the partiers.

Sigh. Had my wedding been televised, it would've been a very sad fundie event, minus all the religion. I hate weddings, I don't drink, I don't dance, I don't do fancy dinners or dressing up and I really didn't want to throw a party for all my friends and relations and soon to be relations, but I did it as an obligation to my husband's family. And I learned one thing from this: weddings are not an obligation. No one is obligated to do shit, and if you're going to give the couple a hard time because the wedding wasn't the wedding you wanted to attend, you shouldn't have gone. (One of my husband's aunts asked me why Jesus wasn't invited. Another aunt locked herself in the bathroom and cried because we weren't opening wedding gifts at the reception. His mother tried to get my mother to force us to open gifts, and threw a hissy fit when she wouldn't. Most of my friends and relatives left at this point because they were so uncomfortable. It was not a good day.)

And I learned one thing from this: weddings are not an obligation. No one is obligated to do shit, and if you're going to give the couple a hard time because the wedding wasn't the wedding you wanted to attend, you shouldn't have gone.

Excellent advice.

OH NO! If they're not in the wedding, please tell me they wont play some form of musical interlude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARF!

If the wedding will be a 19K&C special then how can the Duggars not be front and center for at least part of it? I just hope it's not too gross; e.g., Josh giving advice to Chad, intense Josh & Anna PDAs, a transfer of authority lecture, etc.

There won't be any Duggars in the wedding party. Tori, Carlin, Alyssa, one of Chad 's sisters and a non-duggar friend will be the bridesmaids. I don't think they'll be forced to have the Duggars in the wedding party.

No Michaela? That seems kinda weird...

Well, if we're not getting a live stream of the wedding, then hopefully a helicopter will get some good aerial shots of the festivities. I just wanna know where they're going to put 800+ people.

In Jacksonville FL.

With room to spare for the rest of the world's population.

;)

I have a feeling I am going to be stalking the interwebs about this wedding. maybe it is because I am in the midst of planning my own wedding, or my overall fundie-gawkerness ( maybe both?) but I am WAY too invested in the Erin and Chad wedding. I can't wait to see her dress and what they do for the reception! I also hope they take a year or two and enjoy being a young newlywed couple without babies :-)

My interest in Erin and Chad is that they seem to truly love each other. I don't get that vibe from other fundie couples (courting, engaged, or married). But they are still hateful fundies who will most likely raise hateful fundies.

Sigh. Had my wedding been televised, it would've been a very sad fundie event, minus all the religion. I hate weddings, I don't drink, I don't dance, I don't do fancy dinners or dressing up and I really didn't want to throw a party for all my friends and relations and soon to be relations, but I did it as an obligation to my husband's family. And I learned one thing from this: weddings are not an obligation. No one is obligated to do shit, and if you're going to give the couple a hard time because the wedding wasn't the wedding you wanted to attend, you shouldn't have gone. (One of my husband's aunts asked me why Jesus wasn't invited. Another aunt locked herself in the bathroom and cried because we weren't opening wedding gifts at the reception. His mother tried to get my mother to force us to open gifts, and threw a hissy fit when she wouldn't. Most of my friends and relatives left at this point because they were so uncomfortable. It was not a good day.)

:( Sorry it was such a shit day.

Where did your Aunt expect you to send the invite?

Mr. Jesus Christ.

Sitting on the right.

The Cloud.

Heaven?

Erin/Chad Wedding Predictions?

Here are some of mine:

--Gil will cry

--Kelly will cry

--Chad will cry

--Jim Bob will be filmed saying something asinine

--Duggar mass violin screech-a-thon

-- Erin and Chad will sing original songs to each other

--The bridesmaids will look lovely

--Michaela will do a reading

--Surprise guest: Bill Gothard, who will do a prayer

--Gil will preach

-Erin will wear a tiara & will have awesome hair that Dolly Parton would envy.

If the wedding will be a 19K&C special then how can the Duggars not be front and center for at least part of it? I just hope it's not too gross; e.g., Josh giving advice to Chad, intense Josh & Anna PDAs, a transfer of authority lecture, etc.

We should open a book on it. What are the odds that:

- The Duggars will assault delight our ears with a musical interlude.

- Gothard will be there but cut from the TLC footage.

- Jim Bob will be a featured speaker giving a homily or an interminably long prayer.

- Jim Bob and Michelle will join Erin and Chad's parents in that little prayer circle thing where they surround the newly weds and put their hands on their shoulders.

- Joshie will dip Anna and try to suck her face off to take attention away from the happy couple.

- Gil Bates will mention grape juice.

I'd say that with the exception of the grape juice/wine bit (Gil and TLC saw how silly Pa Keller looked) the odds are pretty high.

Feel free to add to the list, although I don't think we should take any bets on the transfer of authority (that is a certainty) and the idea of Josh giving Chad a birds and bees talk is too awful for me to contemplate!

When I looked at the church's website, it seems like a mega church.

SBC%20051(1).jpg

SBC%20034(1).jpg

Also 800 invitations would imply 1,600 or more people. An invitation usually isn't sent to only one person...

What a lovely, intimate setting.

...NOT.

What a lovely, intimate setting.

...NOT.

If you really want to see a sterile wedding, go look at the last Seppi wedding!

We should open a book on it. What are the odds that:

- The Duggars will assault delight our ears with a musical interlude.

- Gothard will be there but cut from the TLC footage.

- Jim Bob will be a featured speaker giving a homily or an interminably long prayer.

- Jim Bob and Michelle will join Erin and Chad's parents in that little prayer circle thing where they surround the newly weds and put their hands on their shoulders.

- Joshie will dip Anna and try to suck her face off to take attention away from the happy couple.

- Gil Bates will mention grape juice.

I'd say that with the exception of the grape juice/wine bit (Gil and TLC saw how silly Pa Keller looked) the odds are pretty high.

Feel free to add to the list, although I don't think we should take any bets on the transfer of authority (that is a certainty) and the idea of Josh giving Chad a birds and bees talk is too awful for me to contemplate!

Bates Bingo! Wedding Edition! Someone needs to make us a bingo board for the wedding! :lol:

My predictions:

-packing segment with pop ups about how any socks they're bringing.

-J'slacves going ahead early to help.

-TH duggars discussing the exciting new phase of courtship, purity and transfer of authority.

-Erin will look like Glenda the good witch.

-Duggar violin screeches of "sweeter gets journey"

-burlap all the things!

-recap of duggar sisters explaining how they're ok being song and you'll "just have to wait and see!"

-Jim Boob crying over the thought about letting a J'slave go.

The hotel accommodation section for guests is still listed as "Coming Soon." Might want to get on that considering the wedding is in 6 days.

Down to 3 days and still "coming soon". Maybe all the guests are coming in motorhomes, Duggarstyle. :)

On The Paine Family's website last week, they "complained" that a pipeline has been put through their land: "On a bitter sweet note the backside of our peaceful Oklahoma property was rudely invaded by a massive pipeline for oil."

The Paines don't mention that of course you get compensated--usually by the foot--when a pipeline is laid across your property. Maybe the payment is helping finance the Chad & Erin honeymoon in Ireland. We've never heard a peep about what Chad's "job" in Tennessee is.

I thought he had picked up some construction work in TN? Maybe I am making that up given his work in OK. Wonder if he has joined the tree removal crew. Seems like a great way for Gil to keep an eye on him

-Erin will look like Glenda the good witch.

:lol:

2wRtOtR.jpg

Actually, I think the hairstyle is too natural for Erin.

:lol:

2wRtOtR.jpg

Actually, I think the hairstyle is too natural for Erin.

thanks for destroying this perfectly good keyboard. Oh well, all things must eventually be christened with diet coke!

thanks for destroying this perfectly good keyboard. Oh well, all things must eventually be christened with diet coke!

Sorry! Just don't start making that diet coke an idol.

I just noticed that Glinda's gown is probably to décolleté for Erin. Think about that for a minute.

Archived