IGNORED

Bates Wedding: 800 Invitations and Counting/Pirate MERGE

Justme

And one about foods but I don't remember all the words to that one. Just "Oh, I love broccoli it's such a tasty site! And liver makes me quiver with sheer delight! I always clean my plate, morning noon and night! I'm thankful for each bite!"

I remember once as a kid, I was out with my friend, and we stopped in to her uncle's house for something, and he had liver in his fridge. It was oddly fascinating to us to keep opening up the fridge door and poking at it just to see it wiggle. We were easily entertained. Her uncle, not so much, considering we were amusing ourselves with what was probably going to be his dinner... :)

Sorry - tangent. Back to topic now!

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, yum, yum" but I don't remember the verses either.

Wait -- Patch the Pirate was working with Barnes and Barnes?

cTpUVAcvWfU

I was sincerely hoping for Erin's sake that the Duggars would be left out of it and their involvement was strictly attendance only. No JB butting in, no screeching violins, nothing about Leggos, just show up and shut up.

If the wedding can't be featured on the Bateses show, then I would rather see it not be be televised at all rather than featured on a future 19K&C episode simply so that Erin can have her special day unmarred by any Duggar nonsense.

At the very least, none of the bridesmaids are Duggars, so that gives JB less "control" right there. I am hoping at least that Gil and Kelly are minimizing any Duggar impact though it seems they are stuck dealing with them some.

Though I am pretty concerned how this wedding will go down with the insane number of guests and pretty much anyone can show up.

They should have just made a "United Bates of America" VSE!

I don't think it matters that no Duggars are maids - they're oging to make themselves the center of attention at every opportunity.

Boob will preach while Mullet adores him, the howlers will screech on their violins, Josh and Anna will play tonsil hockey in every picture.

Thanks. I've been in the shadows for a while but decided it was time I came and shared what I know. I still can't believe that they are getting married so quick. I heard Erin didn't go to church last Sunday because she was at home crying she's so nervous over the wedding. She also asked Gil if Chad could just move in with the family because she doesn't want to move out. She gets treated like a queen over there and waited on hand and foot. She's always been a stuck up who is better than everyone else. I can only imagine what she will be doing at home all alone while Chad is at work. She's going to have to start taking on responsibilities and 9 months after tomorrow even more so (Provided they figure out how things work, lol)

Awwww. I think even for the most in love fundies, the idea of marriage is terrifying because youve gone from side hugs and hand holding to full on sex in just a few hours. That and how it will be lonely to go from living with 20 other people to living with just one person who wont be here through some of the day.

This actually makes me sad for Erin. Not that I think she's going to be unhappy, I'm sure she'll adjust, and she seems to really love Chad. But these fundie girls are expected to go through transitions like this so fast and with so little preparation. One minute you're basically the equivalent of a little girl living with your family, and the next you're expected to live alone, be someone's wife, have sex, manage a household, be responsible for all the cooking and cleaning and day to day chores, all without your family right there to help and support you. They may be nearby, but it's different when they're not in the same house. It's a huge change.

I'd probably be a nervous mess too if I'd sent out 800 wedding invitations, had no idea who was going to show up, and knew TLC was coming to film the whole thing. No wonder Michael backed out from being a bridesmaid.

If you know them and worked with them. Why suddenly feel the need to tell that about Erin? Alot of people get nervous before their wedding. Fundie or not. IMO, it seems like gossip that probably is just that. Gossip. Who cares how Erin acts at home. She must likely be treated like a Queen by Chad for the rest of her life!

My mom needed Valium to get through her wedding day, even though it was something she clearly wanted to do (and my parents have been married for 37 years.)

After the fiasco at the Duggar flea market, I'm nervous about people announcing their plans to crash fundie occasions. Then again, I'd be to nervous too. The closest I got was when I lived in Madison during the protests and Sarah Palin was coming to speak at a Tea Party rally on the first day of the Farmers Market. I was planning on staying there to heckle her, but I ended up literally running home because I suddenly felt nauseous at the thought of giving her more attention.

No Idea. The Church seats 3,000

Really? Day-ummm. Looking at the website pictures, you'd never know it seats that many.

Welcome, watwuzthat, and stick around. ;)

:popcorn2:

Thanks. I've been in the shadows for a while but decided it was time I came and shared what I know. I still can't believe that they are getting married so quick. I heard Erin didn't go to church last Sunday because she was at home crying she's so nervous over the wedding. She also asked Gil if Chad could just move in with the family because she doesn't want to move out. She gets treated like a queen over there and waited on hand and foot. She's always been a stuck up who is better than everyone else. I can only imagine what she will be doing at home all alone while Chad is at work. She's going to have to start taking on responsibilities and 9 months after tomorrow even more so (Provided they figure out how things work, lol)

Oh, man. I so just want to give that girl a good hug. I hope she knows that she doesn't have to have sex on the first night. She can take it slow.

facebook.com/fanpage4thebatesfamily?fref=ts

A picture of one of Erin's wedding showers can be found here [it is a public fan page for the Bates family]. Kelly mentioned that she had 2, one for close friends and family and another church-based one. Judging by what is in the background of just this picture [and thinking of fans sending gifts, the wedding, the other shower etc], I don't think they will lack household items. If she can keep up a good schedule of private piano lessons and Chad has a full-time job [and perhaps a little seed money from TLC], I think they will be fine, financially, for at least the first few years.

I really hope that the rumours circulating about her crying due to nervousness are not true and that they enjoy their trip to Ireland, Erin probably hasn't had too many luxurious experiences in her life... and if all goes to plan she will be in rural Oklahoma with a few babies underfoot in a few years. :(

If what is being said is true, I think it's just a case of pre-wedding jitters. With the wedding being so close, Erin is just emotional about leaving home. I don't think it reflects how she feels about Chad.

ETA: Judging from their pictures, it's clear that they have a physical as well as love connection. I don't see them holding back on the the wedding night. They already look like they want to jump each others bones.

These weddings sound like the arranged royal marriages of old. A couple of portraits and letters might be exchanged, fathers of the couple or the groom and the father of the bride struck a bargain, and then the bride was off to her new home in a far away land, to be married within days of her arrival. If she was lucky, the groom would have visited her court to meet her a time or two before, but that was unlikely.

The only difference now is she'll be married close to home and might have a few more chances of being around her intended.

It's sad, really.

No snark here-- If my wedding was going to shown to a worldwide television audience--and possible deliberately edited to make me or my current or future family members look fat/tacky/ignorant/intolerant/disrespectful, I'd be crying too.

Most of their gifts are bought.

Kinda love her flippy, girly, Shabby chic stuff.

I think she'll spend her entire wedding greeting people if that many show up...

We only had about 110 people at our wedding and I don't think we ever sat down at the reception. We were expected to visit with each person at each table (Italian family - a lot of the gifts were literally cash pulled out of a pocket and handed to us, so I was glad my cousin bought me one of those little "bride bags"!!!). Don't get me wrong, everyone had a great time, and still 15+ years later tell us it was the best wedding they ever went to. I honestly think that the reception is all about celebrating the guests, anyway, but the only preparation I had for the constant standing/walking around was a pair of "Wedding sneakers" (which were unique at the time but I know people consider them gaudy). I just wish we had taken time to at least eat and take a breath!

Bridal jitters. She'll be fine. I think they do love each other. They may have been engaged for a few months, but they "dated" for a good year or more first.

I really hope that the rumours circulating about her crying due to nervousness are not true and that they enjoy their trip to Ireland, Erin probably hasn't had too many luxurious experiences in her life... and if all goes to plan she will be in rural Oklahoma with a few babies underfoot in a few years. :(

She's entitled to be nervous and cry. They all, including Chad, seem like pretty emotional types anyway. I'm wondering how she's going to deal with last minute details while getting her hair just right (no way that isn't going to take hours).

I still think Chad is going to be offered a job with the ministry in Illinois and they'll end up living in a nice house with a nice yard, not far from Robert and David. I believe Chad would be a good influence on those two.

I was anxious, nervous, and emotional before my wedding day too - and I didn't have to deal with over 800+ guests and tv cameras filming for thousands of others to see my first kiss, and then move out of my large family's home for the first time in my life to live with someone I've known a year and have sex with for the first time. That would be A LOT, give the girl a damn break!

I wish Kelly had posted some shower pics instead of that stupid pirate post, although I'm happy she responded to my question about the shower - that was my first time commenting on her blog!

Just one day to go before the fundie wedding of the year!

If you know them and worked with them. Why suddenly feel the need to tell that about Erin? Alot of people get nervous before their wedding. Fundie or not. IMO, it seems like gossip that probably is just that. Gossip. Who cares how Erin acts at home. She must likely be treated like a Queen by Chad for the rest of her life!

Please can we not start the constant criticism at the new

Members of FJ? Especially those with insider info. Funpal this is a snark board, why shouldn't someone who knows them join to snark? Not that he/she really is snarking but who cares if he/she is?

If you don't like snarking & discussions about fundies, don't join FJ.

Archived