IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks youthfulclearly!

Looking at the oldest on the list, is Kelly Reins one of the "Ah, the Life" SAHDs?

The very same. The one who (along with the Botkinettes) gives me a brain hernia every time. Her FB page, and the "Ladies Against Feminism" website she purportedly edits, are chock full of articles about courtship, marriage, homeschooling, childrearing, and OMG-how-awful-it-is-to-be-single!

Does. Not. Compute.

I just saw Caitlin Baughman's blog and she is getting married to a Joshua Narwold.

daughterofdestiny-generation78.blogspot.nl/2014/12/waiting-my-story-part-1.html

This just made me :roll:

I had anticipated to be married by 19 or 20... but God had other plans for my life.
and
So, yes, I'v had my share of waiting, and honestly, I didn't think the moment would ever come...

Mind you, this girl is the ripe old age of 22. Sure, she's been waiting. :angry-banghead:

That's what you get when you sit at home "waiting for your knight in shining armor*" and "being a homemaker-in-training*", years turn into dog-years.

(* her words, not mine).

:lol:

It's the same as the likes of Joe Maxwell (and other fundies) using the phrase "Love of my life " to describe their bride (or groom) when they haven't ever had an opportunity to get to know them.

Does. Not. Compute.

"Does not compute" indeed. Every time a woman preaches against feminism, yet clearly enjoys the freedom of exercising her opinions, I think of Serena Joy. That also goes for building a career off of espousing said opinions...which the Ah, the Life women clearly do.

I guess my point is that since they already have to ignore so many things that don't compute (including the feminism thing)...it's easy to ignore everything else that doesn't (including editing a website that rags on singleness).

Edited to add stuff and for grammar, though the latter is still awful.

Never heard of them before, but their blog is already my new crack. Zillions of stay-at-homers in frumpers... paydirt! :dance:

Eeeeeeeek - also addicted! Where on earth do they even find the inspiration for their outfits? It makes me sad to see the daughters loving up the babies in the extended family though, considering they probably love kids and will never know a normal family life cause of their freaky upbringing :(

Eeeeeeeek - also addicted! Where on earth do they even find the inspiration for their outfits? It makes me sad to see the daughters loving up the babies in the extended family though, considering they probably love kids and will never know a normal family life cause of their freaky upbringing :(

I follow them too - also addicted! 3 of the offspring are married: Melissa (the oldest, late 30s, got married last January and had a baby last month), Anna (has 2 children) and David (the youngest, got married in September). That leave 5 unmarried sisters and 1 unmarried brother. Anna and David are married to 2 siblings from the Corbett family - Steven and Rachel. The Corbetts (linked to from the 11Smiths blog) are also fundies and, although they don't update their blog very often, seem to use a social network Steven created called 'Fruitiply'. I find both families fascinating!

Oh my holy gees ballz. Please read this gem of an entry and drink every time you see a smiley face: http:// corbetts.com.br/unaffordable-baby/ (broken because it looks like it would give your computer a wicked virus)

Yep. Way to perpetuate the "pray hard enough and everything you ever wanted will ALWAYS happen!" myth. Oh, so much ammo for Fj'ers in that...

The shirt of the top-pie-buyer looks similar to the shirt worn by the young man who is seen helping in the kitchen in one of the first few photos. I don't know these folks but I assumed that was someone from the family, which wouldn't make sense for him to pay big bucks for the pie if the point is to raise funds -- but maybe he is not family and was helping cook because he's got his eye on one of the young ladies in the family? In the group photos I didn't see anyone else with a baby blue shirt (especially with the sleeves rolled up like that) but maybe they intentionally didn't show the whole crowd in the photos.

ETA: I can't resist a mystery!

If you read down in the comments of that blog, she states that it was their brother Carson...boo!

If you read down in the comments of that blog, she states that it was their brother Carson...boo!

Boo indeed! That seems like a silly way to run a fundraiser -- if Carson was willing to give that much to "the cause", he could have just given it separate from the auction, and let someone else bid on the pie, and then "the cause" gets both chunks of money -- plus he could always have asked his sisters to make him a similar pie.

Oh well, I guess logic doesn't always prevail...

• 3 weeks later...

Lauren Hope is engaged! She announced it on her instagram account. So, one of the 25+ SAHDs is finally married off.

Rebekah Sanders commented the announcement and from her IG profilpicture I'd say she is in some kind of relationship, too.

Lauren Hope is engaged! She announced it on her instagram account. So, one of the 25+ SAHDs is finally married off.

Rebekah Sanders commented the announcement and from her IG profilpicture I'd say she is in some kind of relationship, too.

Oh and her intended was a Vision Forum employee. They don't stray far, do they?

The good thing about that is eventually, the fundie gentry will all be related and no longer able to marry within their circle. With luck, that means they'll die out.

Lauren is marrying a Berkompas! I used to read thier blog until they stopped. Definitely a former Vision Forum follower

berkompasclan.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea Weiss (older sister of Peyton and Skylar) should be added to this list. She turned 24 this January.

Josiah Duggar and Trace Bates are both 18 now and can also be added to this list.

Also, the "Stetzl" family should actually be the "Stelzl" family.

Chelsea Weiss (older sister of Peyton and Skylar) should be added to this list. She turned 24 this January.

Josiah Duggar and Trace Bates are both 18 now and can also be added to this list.

Also, the "Stetzl" family should actually be the "Stelzl" family.

Aynsley Weiss turned 18 in December, so she can be added to the list, too.

They just got married last week. Sin in the camp anybody? :shifty-kitty:

No bun in the oven. Hannah is on FB in workout clothes...and with a flat tummy. She's into yoga, apparently? Young Campbell got lucky; she is a gorgeous girl.

• 4 weeks later...

Josiah is so young that he isn't even on the list ... Jumping straight to the courtship list!

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived