IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

On 5/25/2016 at 7:28 PM, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Jeremy and Audrey are definitely fundie light. I believe Amy worked at a Christian preschool and her kids went to christian school, but I think they seem like mainstream Christians. Jacob is an atheist. 

Also, she meant the covenant of marriage, not those legal covenant marriages.

I really don't like Audrey - she always seems snotty around everyone.  Something with her attitude. It's almost like she only wants to be the bride every day.  As for Jeremy he seems clueless and scared.  

they are scary in terms if they want to be Ben and Jessa

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree with everyone that J&A are self important, smug, holier than thou, hipsters. They are so cringeworthy I can't even look at their FB or Instagram accounts any longer. I hope that they are completely embarrassed by themselves one day. But I really doubt it. 

On Tuesday, when I looked at what recordings were scheduled for the night, I saw that I had LPBW going that night. So I went in and canceled the series recording. Between Jeremy and Audrey going fundie and Amy being kind of a bitch... I just couldn't take it anymore.

I had completely forgotten about this thread until it came up in my feed today. I was curious about Jacob and went to his instagram. His girlfriend kindly set the record straight about the drug abuse rumors. He did obtain a G.E.D according to her. He did write a nice congratulatory message under a picture of Molly and him at her college graduation. I have to wonder if the drug rumors have been going on because of his open atheism. After all some Christians think people turn away from faith in order to lead a hedonistic lifestyle. Will be interesting to see where and what the Roloff offspring are doing in 5 years.

Audrey used the term 'Season of Life' on Tuesday's episode . It (along with the rest of the episode) made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Jeremy and Audrey get more insufferable each time I see them. 

I'm currently watching the most recent episode with my family. My sister has never really seen much, especially this season. Throughout her watching shes like OMG SHUT UP AUDREY!! which I just thought was really funny. It really didn't hit me with watching and seeing Jeremy/Audrey as fundie lite until I saw that Jeremy looked like was about to cry talking about how his future children  will be destroyed with divorced grandparents....

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I'm currently watching the most recent episode with my family. My sister has never really seen much, especially this season. Throughout her watching shes like OMG SHUT UP AUDREY!! which I just thought was really funny. It really didn't hit me with watching and seeing Jeremy/Audrey as fundie lite until I saw that Jeremy looked like was about to cry talking about how his future children  will be destroyed with divorced grandparents....

I didn't watch but this bothers me. If he wasn't completely destroyed by his parents' divorce, why the hell would his kids?! How will it effect them much beyond having to go to separate houses for holidays? My grandparents are divorced and it's really not a huge deal. Using the word destroyed is melodramatic and ridiculous in my opinion. 

On 11/06/2016 at 5:31 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Totally, the weepy "I don't want my children to study that" was disgusting. Also, Audrey's "Would you consider counselling now?" comment to Amy, I half expected her to whip out a note pad and a couch and start talking at Amy about saving her marriage because she's an expert (ha.). 

On 6/13/2016 at 10:49 AM, Scottie said:

Totally, the weepy "I don't want my children to study that" was disgusting. Also, Audrey's "Would you consider counselling now?" comment to Amy, I half expected her to whip out a note pad and a couch and start talking at Amy about saving her marriage because she's an expert (ha.). 

i also wonder if he realizes that many kids grow up with divorced parents/blended families and that their children will be "studying" their peers' families at school/soccer/dance whatever...what an ignorant/close-minded thing of him to say and don't get me started on a newly-wed advising a grown woman who has raised 4 children...

@MakeItSo I completely agree, though getting a divorce isn't easy I firmly believe that sometimes it really is for the best, fighting and resentment (among many other possible things) are not exactly what children should be 'studying' either.  Not to mention I think the world is a diverse place, and it's a good thing for children to be able to see that, heterosexual married couples are not the only people on this planet. His arrogance is incredibly frustrating for me, yet I can't stop the hate watching...

Also, love the Trek reference :) 

@Scottie Thank you, Scottie! * tries hard not to ask to be beamed up :P * 

Also, yes, that is exactly what I mean! Families come in many different shapes, sizes, configurations, name it what you want. I have to say though that I am a little less surprised to hear a young guy say something like he did knowing that him and his wife are fundie/fundie light. I had noticed them mentioning God here and there before but it never really stood out to me nor would I have ever made the connection to them being residents of Fundieland. Then again, I never really looked up the school they went to or who they really hang out with, etc which is how I assume everyone on here figured it out? 

This findie stuff seems to be Audrey's influence. Jeremy didn't give a shit until he met her.

Anyone have any idea why Jacob and his girlfriend moved to California? The two seem to enjoy their recue dogs. Why am I not surprised TLC is focusing on the fundie leaning couple.

7 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Anyone have any idea why Jacob and his girlfriend moved to California? The two seem to enjoy their recue dogs. Why am I not surprised TLC is focusing on the fundie leaning couple.

I'm guessing they are the ones willing to put their life on display for money. 

I use to like the Roloffs 10 years ago. They certainly hid their religious beliefs well. Not shocked at Jacob. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2016 at 11:42 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally agree with everyone that J&A are self important, smug, holier than thou, hipsters. They are so cringeworthy I can't even look at their FB or Instagram accounts any longer. I hope that they are completely embarrassed by themselves one day. But I really doubt it. 

I read some posts from their wedding blog...it enraged me. They have to be two of the most snotty, full of themselves, annoying, clueless people in the world. Why are they giving others marriage advice for crying out loud?!

• 2 weeks later...

I caught an episode yesterday (we're so behind in the UK), it was the run up to Zach's wedding and Matt and Amy were announcing the divorce (and they were building some sort of automatic gate near the goats that looks like a death trap to me). Jacob and Molly were nowhere to be seen.

Amy always struck me as someone who was exasperated by Matt who just seemed to have 15 million random projects on the go at once, I certainly couldn't live with him.  

What pissed me off was the whole 'where do we put the tent' thing, Zach's fiancée wanted it in one spot and all the men said she was wrong. There was no proper explaining to her about why it was wrong, there was just a lot of huddled conversations amongst the menfolk about how Zach just needed to smile and nod because 'woman are always right, even when they're wrong'. How bloody condescending! If that's the attitude Matt has it's no bloody wonder he's divorced.

• 3 months later...

Yes they posted a Nice message on their Instagram the 21st . I am Sure it Will make Audrey very jealous ! No Longer being in the spotlight ugh. Lets see how good she copes with it. 

I cant get past all the damned typos in any of their blog posts/IG posts! If you're going to try promoting yourself as marriage experts, you should at least run spellcheck before spouting to your followers...

1 hour ago, FlamingFundie said:

I cant get past all the damned typos in any of their blog posts/IG posts! If you're going to try promoting yourself as marriage experts, you should at least run spellcheck before spouting to your followers...

You did better than me, I looked at the titles and was like "Nope!" 

Did anyone watch this week's episode? One of their long time farmhands from Mexico got deported. They said he had a temporary work permit the whole time and they were trying to get him permanent resident status, but it didn't work. They seemed pretty devastated.

I wonder if the rest of the family besides Jeremy and Audrey voted for Trump, and whether they care that they voted for the party/candidate that wants to increase deportations even further....

8 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Did anyone watch this week's episode? One of their long time farmhands from Mexico got deported. They said he had a temporary work permit the whole time and they were trying to get him permanent resident status, but it didn't work. They seemed pretty devastated.

I wonder if the rest of the family besides Jeremy and Audrey voted for Trump, and whether they care that they voted for the party/candidate that wants to increase deportations even further....

I watched! I thought about that as I was watching. It was kinda sad that by toeing the Christian line, so to speak, they (or at leas Jeremy and Audrey) voted for a man who wants to get rid of all Mexicans. Yikes. And Jeremy is just icky these days. 

• 2 months later...

As per their Instagram * drumroll* auj is pregnant !! Ofcourse she is ... The day that Tori announced she threw the birth control out and lunged  herself unto Jeremy ? Ain't nobody stealing that woman's thunder 

5 hours ago, ven said:

As per their Instagram * drumroll* auj is pregnant !! Ofcourse she is ... The day that Tori announced she threw the birth control out and lunged  herself unto Jeremy ? Ain't nobody stealing that woman's thunder 

I rolled my eyes and cringed so hard when I saw this. Ugh. That woman is not ready to be a mother. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived