IGNORED

Anna Duggar Is in labor with baby Michael James

Mamajane

What kind of shitty influences has she fallen under since leaving Gothardism to be so rude to her sister when she's just given birth??

Since Gothardism is the shittiest of shitty influences... I'm guessing none that are significant.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe since I'm about to have my first child I'm a little sensitive to this, but I completely side with Anna. I basically told my sister in law the same thing, don't post all my details on facebook before I even get a chance to call everyone important to me first. Besides, Josh and Anna probably make enough money from their today show appearance to support them a few more months and Suze is jeopardizing that with every detail she posts.

Is this their Facebook page, or an imposter?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 350382&sk=

If it them, there are a few photos of the baby posted. Seems odd he would release them before the big Today show reveal (assuming that's what they're doing tomorrow).

One of the profile's friends is Susanna Keller's actual profile, so it might well be real. I wonder who the 'championwa' is who posted the photos that Josh has linked to?

Champion Motor Cars of NWA is the name of Josh's business.

I don't understand why Josh's wall is public.

Internet and labors are just so crazy....now add in the TV. What I don't understand is why can't they just tell the girls Mother and Family! Good God, the hypocricy and evil....it burns! :liar:

Wonder if they made it home before she went into labor. Poor lady looked so uncomfortable struggling to get off the bus at Niagara Falls.

She was still on the road as of this past weekend...she was at the appearance in Columbus, OH on Friday, and I believe they were in Cincinnati the next day. Poor thing.

I am totally against the "internet overshare". It drives me nuts to see families and friends battling it out on FB for the whole world to see.

That said, for right now I totally give Suzanna Keller (is that how she spells it?) a pass. She has been extremely sheltered, and I don't think she has a great grasp on what's socially appropriate and acceptable. In many ways she is still like a young teenager.

I also think she probably feels very angry and helpless about everything that's going on in her family right now, and doesn't have the coping skills to handle it. Her brother has been disowned (and she probably isn't too far behind him), and her sister has married the biggest fame whore in Arkansas, and they are pimping their family out on tv for $$$$.

I am a VERY private person. I didn't want anyone around me (other than my husband and babies) for a few months after I gave birth. Yeah, months.

IF that were the case with Anna, I would totally understand her silence, but allowing TLC to dictate her life just seems shitty to me. I don't know, the thought of making your family wait for a press release just rubs me the wrong way.

But then, so does letting your husband announce to you AND his whole family that you're pregnant does too. And so does Michelle knowing the sex of the baby before the mother.

Yikes. It's been almost 5 years since I gave birth but I do remember the ordeal like it was yesterday through a demerol-induced haze. I do recall an intense desire for privacy- I kicked everyone out BUT for my husband, mother, and the medical personnel. Afterwards, I was pretty much swimming in enough hormones and estrogen to drop an elephant, and my mother was wise enough to simply stay quiet and help me as needed until I was well enough to be moved into another room. I think I just "unplugged" from everything but family for a long, long time until I was done with the hormones, depression, etc- I finally got back in touch with "reality" once I was used to the mom thing, about a month or so later.

I don't care what others do for their child's birth as long as the experience turns out well for everyone involved, the baby's healthy, etc- But come on, going on tv right after giving birth? That's something I don't really think anyone should do, given the physical, emotional and mental stress that everyone involved goes through during a birth. People handle things differently, and honestly, I think Anna deserves some time to herself :cry: no thanks to the spotlight put on her and her family. I can kind of see where Suz is coming from, given in this day and age it is so easy to spread information quickly, and she might not be so socially savvy given to some restrictions growing up ;) so that reaction is pretty much what I would expect to see.

Then again, I wasn't a celebrity, or on a tv show, or whatever. I was just any other scared 21 year old giving birth for the first time lol, so what do I know? ::shrugs::

I would be pissed if my sister decided to do an interview with some crappy tv show first rather than share the details with the family. Talk about selling out for the almighty dollar. I know it's Anna's choice (well, technically Smuggar's) when it comes to revealing any info about baby Michael, but it's really cold hearted to make your family WAIT until TLC decides to air the footage.

I don't think Suzanna has fallen into any shitty influences, I think she's been able to wake up and smell the coffee about how they're all a bunch of famewhores who will stop at nothing to push their own agenda just so they can be on the teevee.

Really, Anna has a baby? Wow... how many other millions of women give birth every year? How many Today Show interviews are there going to be about this? How many stupid episodes of 19 Kids and Counting are there going to be? Women give birth every day.... it's really not a novelty.

Yes, congrats to Josh and Ann but there is really nothing remarkable about this family anymore. They give birth... big deal, LOL. This show should be cancelled ASAP.

My thoughts exactly. I really was kind fof dumbfounded yesterday when it was news that a woman was in labor and then bigger news once she'd given birth. And then they have a slot on the Today show to tell everyone the kid is born, but oh, no name for you, TV whores! And, by the way, we've shared this from the second it started with the whole world and anyone will will listen, but our families? No, you don't get to know or hear anything because the TV whores and story line come first.

I've never been a Duggar fan and as time goes by, I dislike and am kind of disgusted by them more and more.

I wonder if that profile is for real. It makes sense for them to have a FB presence, and since he is out of the hive nest he can do it. Its just good PR.

I would have thought they would have a better pic taken, though!

Honestly, I think Suz's being a total bitch to Anna. What kind of shitty influences has she fallen under since leaving Gothardism to be so rude to her sister when she's just given birth??

I agree. Suzie comes across as a self-centered 13-year-old.

I really don't think its fair to judge Suze and say she acts like a child. She was raised in an incredibly sheltered family and probably only ever socialized with people of her family. So if she doesn't have the best social skills, what a year out of her family's grasp, I'll give her a pass. If you look back at the Duggar wedding episode where Josh and Anna got married, she is a totally different person. She is completely indoctrinated, quiet, shy and looks just miserable. I think she has come an incredibly long way and leaving her family takes a lot of courage. I, for one, really like her and I hope she continues to do well in her new life

Come on, people complain that Kynzie is too Kreative and now Michael is too boring?? Anna can't win! I do think it's a bit odd to have the two extremes (super boring generic name and super trendy kreative name) in the same family. But a lot of people give boys more traditional names and get crazy with the girls for some reason.

Maybe it's a subtle form of sexism, men have to go out into the world and work/own a buisness so they need a name that sounds good on a buisness card or resume. Women are supposed to stay at home barefoot and pregnant gestating the next Isybelleh Alivya

Anyway as for Josh's FBook page, wouldn't he say he's self-employed at his car company? Seems weird he'd want to hide that in the event it could drum up more buisness. Of course also more TLC crazed fans. Also the pictures look like they had a home birth, I hope they planned this one a little bit better, home birth is not high on my list of things one should do impulsively but of course their priority was more on getting TLC to film the birth.

And Suze was rude but it does seem to fall into place given another relative of hers that criticized the hold TLC has over the family.

I agree. Suzie comes across as a self-centered 13-year-old.

See, I disagree. From what I understand, her family has been giving her a hard time regarding her normal, non-Gothard lifestyle choices, so it must sting to be purposely kept out of the loop. If Josh and Anna wanted to keep things private and low-key for a couple of days, that would be totally understandable, but that's not why they're withholding info. It seems like they're not giving her any info because the media, TLC, and ratings come first. Wouldn't you be kind of irked if a close family member was like, "Oh, sorry. I can't tell you more about your nephew, but watch our special on TLC, and you can find out all about it!"?

For the record, Amy and her mother, Deanna, are the only "Duggars" with a FB page. The others are fake or fan pages. People are so freaking gullible, posting to "Josh".

For the record, Amy is the only "Duggar" with a FB page. The others are fake or fan pages. People are so freaking gullible, posting to "Josh".

Erm, call me gullible, but this is a new facebook page, created recently. And... there's pictures of the new baby on there, taken with an iPhone. So... it may well be a fake, but that's some fast and clever stalking work, if that's the case.

Team Suze. (Even if someone claiming to be her did come onto FJ at Yuku and start yelling in capital letters). I can completely believe that the Duggars agreed to keep all details hush-hush until they are revealed on television. I mean, of course they did! And if it were my sister I would be pissed too. I mean, c'mon -- we know the Duggars. Would you like it if your sister married one and you were stuck getting all your information from TLC?

I want to know how the birth went, and I also really don't understand the posting on FB about people being in labor thing. The last thing I wanted when I was in early labor was anyone (other than my husband and midwife and mom - since they were going to be there) actually knowing and watching me like an oversized pot.

I couldn't help laughing a bit about her baby being considered really large though. My third baby beat hers by more than 1.5 pounds and I'm not a big (or tall) person by any stretch of the imagination!

just posted by Susanna Keller:

So for those of you wanting to know my "sister" Anna had her baby ... a little boy! Michael James! but because of TLC she is choosing not to even let family know details... Until announced (great fam I'm telling you)

Yup, I had a feeling that Suze was outside of the Duggar family circle, hence she could release the name if she pleased. I'm sure the shout out to her "great fam" refers to her brother; I'm sure the sister with whom she lives who is still in the Kellers' good graces was the one who passed on the news to Suze.

I feel so badly for her and her brother/SIL. It's a shame that Anna has sold out and will play the game as long as it makes her husband money. Not that I really liked her much (remember her "cloth diaper/Hummer/FU Liberals screed on one of the talking heads?), but her treatment of her own family during this birth goes beyond the pale and really illustrates how isolated the women in this movement become from the families who raised them.

For the record, Amy and her mother, Deanna, are the only "Duggars" with a FB page. The others are fake or fan pages. People are so freaking gullible, posting to "Josh".

Smuggar/Anna had a FB page about a year ago that was legit. It was named, as many fundies do, as a couple: JoshAnna Duggar. I could tell it was the real deal because the friend list was small (Keller family members, Querys and other familiar fundie names, as well as Amy and Deanna), the wall private and friend request button had the "You must really know this person or you will be reported as spam" warning level that you see on many other semi-famous people's pages to keep the stalkers away.

I don't know why, but they took it down some months ago. But they DID have facebook for a time, so they know the drill.

The whole thing with Suze-- she said that J&A chose not to tell family members any details before they made the announcement. To me, it seems less like she's mad she can't broadcast the information-- but that her own sister was too afraid to confide in her the details of her birth, for fear of Suze announcing them to the world.

I tend to be pretty secretive around my family-- they're the gossiping sort-- but I wouldn't hesitate to talk to my siblings and let them know what's going on. Even if I was a celebrity-- I would (and do) trust them enough to respect my privacy, if I asked them to. I would be hurt if they felt otherwise with me.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived